Newest Members
cricket1007, Nickie98, jahfree, Daryl X., tryintothrive
12496 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
mrwhiskers (25), SouthernLaw (41), TerryT (61)
Who's Online
3 registered (cricket1007, Rich1967, jahfree), 18 Guests and 6 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12496 Members
74 Forums
64163 Topics
447753 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#454224 - 11/18/13 08:40 AM Re: not safe [Re: traveler]
Obi Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: kansas
I, too, agree that I feel unsafe.

my reason is that I've seen many survivors being attacked across the board for, basically, being a Christian and sharing how their faith has helped them.

this forum, the one place where Christian survivors should be able to feel safe in expressing how their faith and beliefs have helped them in their recoveries, is the worst. This forum is where Christian survivors are being attacked the most.

I don't feel safe here and I understand why many other Christian survivors don't feel safe here, or even on MS.

my story

my vlog

#454233 - 11/18/13 09:13 AM not safe
Castle Offline

Loc: NJ
Its sad so many don't feel safe.

However, This is not just a Christian forum, but the spirituality forum and should be open to everybody to express thier views pro or con religion/ spirituality.

There needs to be a safe place to work through the rightful anger and rage some have from personal experience with religion in thier past. If there are not safe places to share/ voice/ workthrough the pain its possible that it could manifest elsewhere in an unsafe possible damaging way.

While there have been issues in the past, I looked at the last page of pro religion posts and saw nit one response from a non believer in those threads...I can't say the opposite is true as one man was trying to work through his issues and was met with preaching. That's where it went bad.

I've been in talks with one of the mods about making it safer fir everybody... but we have to consider there are two very different polarized views on this topic. What some feel as life saving other feel as life depleting.

If we keep this particular thread peaceful, maybe we can start to work through the issue.

My posts can self destruct at any time..read them while you can.

#454241 - 11/18/13 09:45 AM Re: not safe [Re: traveler]
Castle Offline

Loc: NJ
we all know people who left ms for a variety of reasons... but as noted in a recent thread about sex.... do we look at our own reasons why its bothersome vs try to sway the " partner" to our side?

My posts can self destruct at any time..read them while you can.

#454246 - 11/18/13 10:04 AM Re: not safe [Re: traveler]
ModTeam Offline
MaleSurvivor

It appears this topic has communicated the views of the OP and has been considered by the member's thoroughly. Using the discussion board to explore situations, thoughts and emotions is beneficial and healthy, until such time that the discussion becomes contrary to the goals and purposes of MaleSurvivor. This topic has been discussed and for the purposes of recovery has been thoroughly answered. Site management continually strives to provide an environment safe for the purpose of pursuing one’s recovery from the effects of past sexual abuse. Please do not attempt to repost this topic, as doing so may be cause for further action by site management.

Your cooperation on this matter is appreciated.

Regards

The Moderators
Private messages sent to this account are checked irregularly due to personnel and time constraints. Please send messages to one of the moderators for the forum that is concerned by user name, or if there is no named moderator, send a PM to any moderator.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.