Newest Members
JHNebraska, mike42069, JACKL, Personman, SiegmundNYC
12490 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
kb8715 (114), rom2057 (57), terrapin (51)
Who's Online
1 registered (Seekingwisdom), 17 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12490 Members
74 Forums
64157 Topics
447679 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#451528 - 10/28/13 07:35 AM Christian CSA Support Site
victor-victim Offline

Loc: O Kanada
caution: TRIGGER

AT THE ARK
http://www.attheark.org.au/

'Striving to achieve restoration for kids through family unity and support. Showing that through love and compassion there is life after abuse. Restoring our nation one family at a time.'

WHERE WAS GOD IN ALL THIS?

'You have just been told the devastating news that your child has been sexually abused, and whichever way you have been told the news you will probably be feeling like it is choking you and your world has just come to a full stop. This question will probably be one of the main questions that is tormenting you.

How can a supposedly loving God allow my innocent child to go through anything so evil?

Firstly we need to realise that God is not the cause for this suffering. This sickening behaviour is a direct result of sin.

We are given the opportunity to choose between right and wrong, good and evil. Sadly, man often makes the wrong choice and Godís principles are ignored.

For instance: Through the ages, millions of people have died in wars. Wars begin due to manís pride and lust for power (James 4:1-3 ). Hunger has brought suffering to millions of people, yet men store food in one country while other people are starving in another. Men are responsible for this by their greed and not God. Illegal drugs sweep through the world with dreadful consequences for millions. Again this in not God, this is man. We live in a violent age. Where old ladies are attacked, children are abused, and teenagers are murdered and prisoners are tortured. We must acknowledge that man plays a big part in causing suffering due to Satanís influence.

If God had forcibly prevented man from sinning, man would not have free choice to follow God, and God does not want robots, as without free choice love is impossible.

God does identify personally with our suffering, Matthew 25:31-46 says when we are kind to the least of his brethren then we being kind to Jesus, so then, the opposite must also be true. God personally suffered as he watched Jesus die. When Saul (who later became Paul after he became a Christian) was on the road to Damascus, wanting to murder more Christians there, Jesus called to him saying ďSaul, Saul, why are you persecuting ME?Ē Acts 9:4 Jesus did not say, why are you persecuting my people? But He said ME! It hurts him, Jesus hurts when we suffer.

BUT... God promises that: ďI will never leave you nor forsake you.Ē Hebrews 13:5 and God also promises that He will turn all things for good: And we know that all things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are the called according to His purpose. Romans 8:28.

What I have discovered during our ordeal is that Jesus didnít desert our children when they were going through the abuse. Instead He held their hand and cried with them. He also gave them the courage to speak out and He provided the children with people who would look after them and love them no matter what
.'

Edited by victor-victim (11/08/13 06:58 AM)
Edit Reason: added trigger alert

War
Love
Poetry

#451534 - 10/28/13 08:54 AM Re: Christian CSA Support Site [Re: victor-victim]
mattheal Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Ohio
Removed post because I believe in unity.

Edited by mattheal (11/18/13 04:17 PM)
that the worst is all behind you
And the waves that tossed the raft all night
have set you on dry land
- The Mountain Goats - "Never Quite Free"

#454214 - 11/18/13 07:24 AM Re: Christian CSA Support Site [Re: victor-victim]
George Offline

Loc: NY metro
victor-victim,

Thanks for posting this, will indeed check it out.

#454283 - 11/18/13 02:11 PM Re: Christian CSA Support Site [Re: victor-victim]
victor-victim Offline

you are welcome, George.
glad you appreciate it.

hope it helps you heal.
keep me posted.

War
Love
Poetry

#454287 - 11/18/13 02:27 PM Re: Christian CSA Support Site [Re: mattheal]
victor-victim Offline

dear mattheal,

i have thought long and hard about your post.

i want to reply so that you do not feel ignored, but i really don't know how to respond.
i am not certain what exactly angered you,
and some of what you said was deleted.

what was in the words in quotes that you object to?

"What I have discovered during our ordeal is that Jesus didnít desert our children when they were going through the abuse. Instead He held their hand and cried with them. He also gave them the courage to speak out and He provided the children with people who would look after them and love them no matter what."

these words provide me with comfort.

i cannot answer for god, or explain why anything happens,
but i guarantee you, i know what abandonment and betrayal feels like.
i have blasphemed and cursed and questioned my creator many times.
i always took my complaints straight to the top.
i am searching for solutions and strategies for spiritual survival.

your anger is yours, and you have a right to it.
i am not sure how i can improve your mood, but i wish i could.

if you are just venting,
that is ok, too.

please accept my good will and intentions.

War
Love
Poetry

Moderator:  ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.