Newest Members
Jerone, teba, Serpenta, mojo, James M
12114 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
chrisH (34), Malaki619 (32), worcester2003 (51)
Who's Online
9 registered (Jake123, Landscape, Cam76, CafeMan, BraveFalcon, 2 invisible), 60 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12114 Members
73 Forums
62509 Topics
438072 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#454177 - 11/17/13 07:52 PM Taking my toys, and heading home.
Castle Offline

Loc: NJ
Taking my toys, and heading home.

Edited by Castle (12/18/13 07:47 PM)

My posts can self destruct at any time..read them while you can.

#454190 - 11/17/13 11:34 PM Re: My experiences with spirituality as a non-believer [Re: Castle]
don64 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: St. Croix, USVI
Hi Castle,

I love your post. I feel so warm, grounded, and content reading how you have come to an independent relationship as a spiritual being.

I am not at all religious, but consider myself a very spiritual person. It is so nice for me to read your passionate embrace of your beliefs hand in hand with your acceptance of the ways of others. Your post is a gift to me. I have enjoyed gardening in the past, and am interested in growing some of my own food, and would like to have a few chickens. My CSA issues are demanding full time and focus for me. I am, however, happy with the work I am doing on myself, and am open to the possibility time and space can open for me to get back to a more natural way of living. Thank you. Don

#454235 - 11/18/13 09:19 AM Re: My experiences with spirituality as a non-believer [Re: Castle]
Castle Offline

Loc: NJ
Taking my toys, and heading home.

Edited by Castle (12/18/13 07:30 PM)

My posts can self destruct at any time..read them while you can.

#454373 - 11/18/13 11:42 PM Re: My experiences with spirituality as a non-believer [Re: Castle]
don64 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: St. Croix, USVI
I have actually done a great deal of gardening here-- a major challenge for a stateside gardener. Unimaginable numbers and frequencies of plant diseases. I remember how proud I was of my heritage foot long cucumbers. Wonderful success first generation. Second generation soil diseases. Never to be grown again. But I did learn a lot and have good experiences to fall back on. My learning to work with nature has been somewhat painful, but I have learned, and the learning has generalized to ME. I have become much more patient with myself and my own natural processes than I have ever been. And this is essential for working through my CSA issues. Nature has taught me a great deal about myself. I feel much more harmonious in my thinking than ever. I watch myself with my thinking processes, realize they are immature, and am satisfied with the waiting while they have an opportunity to mature. Massive change for me--shifting from negative to positive, from fear to love. At 64, the shift is just now coming on. In fact, I have just become aware of this shifting in the last 24 hours. This is as spiritual as it gets for me. I never feel separate from non-physical energy and experience it most easily in my imagination(knowing) and with nature. Communicating with plants has been natural and easy for me. I have not focused on communicating so much with animals, however, now that I type this, I will ponder it.

Thanks for inspiring this participation for me. It feels good.

Don

Moderator:  ModTeam, SamV 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.