Newest Members
JayNL, Robert Barrett, lostsoul824, beatcook, MassGuy
12279 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
cainrafael (28), GL (67), JohnP725 (66), Lloydy (61), Marie-TwoOfUs (35)
Who's Online
1 registered (1 invisible), 26 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12279 Members
73 Forums
63185 Topics
441811 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#452973 - 11/08/13 09:33 PM "COREYography" Debuts
Chase Eric Offline
MaleSurvivor

Speaking of his friend Corey Haim...

....“Corey was raped at the age of 11, and like many, many victims, drug use became an easy, if also tragic, way for him to escape the weight of that shame.” (underline emphasis mine)

Corey Feldman's new book

Click my pic to see why I'm here

#452979 - 11/08/13 10:56 PM Re: "COREYography" Debuts [Re: Chase Eric]
Still Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: 2 NATO Nations
Quote:
On the 1986 set of "Lucas," Haim told Feldman that “an adult male convinced him that it was perfectly normal for older men and younger boys in the business to have sexual relations, that it was what all the guys do. So they walked off to a secluded area between two trailers ... and Haim allowed himself to be sodomized," Feldman wrote, per an excerpt obtained by Page Six.[Feldman]

Not faulting Feldman...but VERY wrong-headed understandings of the locus of control and blame does abused men and boys no freakin good whatsoever!.

Still's Globs

New Video

#452991 - 11/08/13 11:35 PM Re: "COREYography" Debuts [Re: Still]
Jacob S Offline
MaleSurvivor

Originally Posted By: Still
Quote:
On the 1986 set of "Lucas," Haim told Feldman that “an adult male convinced him that it was perfectly normal for older men and younger boys in the business to have sexual relations, that it was what all the guys do. So they walked off to a secluded area between two trailers ... and Haim allowed himself to be sodomized," Feldman wrote, per an excerpt obtained by Page Six.[Feldman]

Not faulting Feldman...but VERY wrong-headed understandings of the locus of control and blame does abused men and boys no freakin good whatsoever!.

Feldman has also said things that indicate he blames himself for his own abuse. I hope he comes to learn it it never the child's fault.
all the people he can trust.
Like the one who stands behind him
cheering him on
Estatic when he stands defiant,
wild with abandon when he's gone

just stay alive.
do whatever you need to.
you are worth it.

#453072 - 11/09/13 06:30 PM Re: "COREYography" Debuts [Re: Jacob S]
pufferfish Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: USA
Many of us became interested in this book from the time of it's first announcement and especially because we have seen the 2 Coreys (Corey Feldman, the author, and Corey Haim, his friend) acting in various films. I was very interested in The Gooneys, and Stand By Me. I also saw them in a film called The Lost Boys. I found The Lost Boys interesting the first time I saw it but when I tried to watch it again several months ago I lost interest in it and set it aside. Feldman is still working as an actor in the film industry there. Feldman made the statement that when they went into those major film roles when they were 14, they were surrounded by abusers.

http://www.malesurvivor.org/board/ubbthr...true#Post367954

I have to admit that I've only read about 60% of Corey Feldman's book so far. I had to set it aside temporarily because it was "overcharging my batteries." Coreography is about Feldman and his experiences and it is not primarily an expose' of abuse and abusers in Hollywood although it does go into that. I took great interest in it also because as a very small boy my family lived not too far from Hollywood and that's where I was sexually abused when I was still only 3 years old and lasting about 8 months until I was 4 1/2. Yes, the perpetrator of that abuse was an important figure in the film industry. I'm not in a position to name him publicly because I was so very young that I can't be absolutely sure of names and such without further research. I know where it was and I remember lots of incidental information. I have reported this abuse as "pufferfish story part 1". I also think that the abuser must have told me to call him by the name 'Curley' and not his real name. That abuse involved other boys and a movie camera. It was quite devastating to me and I had to bear that burden all alone. I'm not completely sure what happened to the other boys, except that one of them had some roles in movies and can be found in imdb. The others seemed to drop out of sight completely. My mother later told me the identity of the 2 boys most involved. She also described a Producer who'se name begins with "S". The abuser was apparently his son-in-law. I remembered the essential facts and nature of that abuse but I'm still working on resolving the problems I've had as a person because of that early abuse. Abuse that early creates dissociative disorder and other symptoms. I'm still working on resolving these issues. It may be that Corey Haim faced similar difficulties as a small child.

http://www.malesurvivor.org/board/ubbthr...2889#Post212889

Corey Feldman in his book is much more level-headed than either of his parents. Everybody around him was going crazy for sex and drugs. He seemed to emerge with only minor "wounds". I admire this characteristic.

Feldman describes that his good friend Haim at their first acquaintance (age 14) already had symptoms of abuse. He was already a sexaholic. That apparently indicated a lot of earlier abuse, although I didn't see it explicitly stated. One of his symptoms (Corey Haim's) was that he constantly had to be eating or 'mouthing' something. These characteristics of course don't show up in Haim's roles. As a teen in his earlier movies he was still quite trim. Haim was obviously ADHD; very nervous. Both Coreys had been making commercial films since childhood.

The life of a young actor as descrubed by Feldman seemed to be incredibly difficult. It was rife with trials of sex and booze and drugs.

In a later post I may try to summarize what he says about some of the abusers. However, I don't want to take away from the interest in his book. I might add that in the very end of the book Feldman declares that he had to change some of the names in the book. I can understand why.

Puffer

Edited by pufferfish (11/09/13 08:18 PM)

#453989 - 11/16/13 12:52 PM Re: "COREYography" Debuts [Re: Chase Eric]
victor-victim Offline

Loc: O Kanada
there is another post with lots of stories about hollywood's "big secret".
including some stuff about the 2 coreys.

http://www.malesurvivor.org/board/ubbthr...6781#Post436781

War
Love
Poetry

#456609 - 12/11/13 02:04 PM Re: "COREYography" Debuts [Re: victor-victim]
pufferfish Offline
MaleSurvivor

#456716 - 12/12/13 09:47 PM Re: "COREYography" Debuts [Re: pufferfish]
victor-victim Offline

Loc: O Kanada
dear pufferfish,
are you aware that this link goes to a video about optical illusions?
entitled: Moving Illusions

Originally Posted By: pufferfish

War
Love
Poetry

#456754 - 12/13/13 08:11 PM Re: "COREYography" Debuts [Re: victor-victim]
pufferfish Offline
MaleSurvivor

Oops! Thank you Victor-Victim

Here is a link to the earlier discussion on Corey Feldman's book, called Coreyography.
http://www.malesurvivor.org/board/ubbthr...true#Post453072

Here is the correct link to his statement of abuse in Hollywood:
It's OK now, I've tested it
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mOZQHxJlD6g

Here is a link to the product in Amazon.com:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0312609...d=ATVPDKIKX0DER

Puffer

Edited by pufferfish (12/13/13 09:42 PM)

#466829 - 06/20/14 11:12 AM Re: "COREYography" Debuts [Re: pufferfish]
pufferfish Offline
MaleSurvivor

Article: Horror abuse of child stars from Stuff.co.NZ
dated: Last updated 16:20 21/10/2013

Another viewpoint on Corey Feldman and Corey Haim:

http://www.stuff.co.nz/entertainment/film/9308780/Horror-abuse-of-child-stars

Originally Posted By: Corey Feldman in Coreyography

These 'role models' took advantage of their power: Feldman says he was abused by an assistant hired by his father when he was in his early teens. He says the man, who was in his early 20s, took him out on the town and gave him a cocktail of pills.

He writes that the man he refers to as "Ron" put a hand on his thigh and ended up having oral sex with the "petrified" and "revolted" Feldman that night.

Originally Posted By: Corey Feldman in Coreyography

This man who abused Haim now "walks around, one of the most successful people in the entertainment industry, still making money hand over fist," Feldman writes in the book.

Originally Posted By: Corey Feldman in Coreography

In one especially sad moment in the book, which is being released on October 28, Feldman reflects on a picture taken at his 15th birthday of him and Haim with five older men - he says all five men were paedophiles, and all of them had abused them.

"Slowly, over a period of many years I would begin to realise that many of the people I had surrounded myself with were monsters," he writes of his early career in Coreyography.

Originally Posted By: Corey Feldman

"My only advice, honestly, is to get these kids out of Hollywood and let them lead normal lives."

Puffer

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.