Newest Members
DougieB, sethpeterson, R Ellis, SailingAway, Kitty6
12320 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Healer (53), Kilo (21), sdsjr (40), surfdude (57)
Who's Online
3 registered (Johnnygolightly, finallyhere, Jay1946), 18 Guests and 11 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12320 Members
74 Forums
63375 Topics
443149 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#453955 - 11/16/13 09:06 AM I feel better when I forgive the people around me
blacken Offline
Chatroom Moderator
MaleSurvivor
Loc: Northern Ohio
I feel better in myself when I forgive the transgressions of others.

Like here. I understand there are angry guys here. Some don't see themselves as angry, or may feel the constant anger is justified, & it has been a part of them so long, it feels normal. Some feel anger kept them alive through the worst & dont want to give it up.

I understand some guys here are more sensitive to how something is said than had the abuse not happened. I know some guys are sensitive to certain words & rather use abbreviations like "S", "R", "CSA", "MB". There are other words, phrases, sayings, that trigger guys.

I understand that some guys have been beat down for so long, they confront nearly every thought, opinion, calm, cause, utterance now. They perceive most anything that differs from what they think, as a personal attack &/or threat.

I understand guys come from vastly different cultures, speak different languages, raised or follow different belief systems on the origins of everything, were raised with different values, & traditions.

I understand some guys are scared. And that just being here, seems unsafe, unpredictable, uncontrollable.

I understand that as much as I may try, I just may not get along with some one. Our personalities just don't mesh.

I understand that everything I said above, some one may think of me as.

I understand, I don't always say things in the best way. And, I make mistakes. And I understand, some guys may take offence by & pick apart this post.

I apologize to all of you for any transgression I have made.
I will continue to try to approach each of in the best way possible.

I forgive too, all who may have irritated me. I already did at the time it happened, yet I wanted to say it again.

I also know that for me, some people that have hurt me, I'm still working on the forgiveness part. It is a goal for me.
But No one here at MaleSurvivor has ever fit into That category.

Edited by blacken (11/16/13 09:14 AM)
Edit Reason: spelling errors

#453958 - 11/16/13 09:07 AM Re: I feel better when I forgive the people around me [Re: blacken]
CafeMan Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Chicago
Bravo!!!! Thank you for posting this!

#453960 - 11/16/13 09:17 AM Re: I feel better when I forgive the people around me [Re: blacken]
Obi Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: kansas
Thank you for this. This helps heal the wounds from the transgressions I have received from several in positions here on MS.

I also need to apologize for my transgressions upon others. I know I have hurt others and I eternally apologize for my actions and ask for forgiveness.

my story

my vlog

#453961 - 11/16/13 09:30 AM Re: I feel better when I forgive the people around me [Re: blacken]
Suwanee Offline
Greeter
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Southeast USA
Yes.

-Signs and traces left in stone
Ruins of a past unknown-

#453968 - 11/16/13 10:50 AM Re: I feel better when I forgive the people around me [Re: Suwanee]
sentry Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Canada
Thank You Blacken!!

#453970 - 11/16/13 11:00 AM Re: I feel better when I forgive the people around me [Re: blacken]
don64 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: St. Croix, USVI
Hi Blacken. Your ability to post this is a huge deal for you. I hope you are able to feel from yourself the warm fuzzies this calls for. Don
Divine Law is not judgment or denial of self truths. Divine Law is honoring harmony that comes from a peaceful mind, an open heart, a true tongue, a light step, a forgiving nature, and a love of all living creatures. Jamie Sams & David Carson, Medicine Cards

#453973 - 11/16/13 11:24 AM Re: I feel better when I forgive the people around me [Re: blacken]
Magellan Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: California
I have no idea what happened here, but I'm glad this was posted. Thank you, blacken. This was very eloquently written!

Loving Kindness Meditation will dramatically improve your spirits; give it a try for just 3 days: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sz7cpV7ERsM

#453995 - 11/16/13 01:12 PM Re: I feel better when I forgive the people around me [Re: blacken]
BraveFalcon Offline
Greeter
MaleSurvivor

Loc: The ATL

Hi Blacken. Thanks for posting this man. A lot of this needed to be said and I hope every member of the board reads it. Everyone needs to. Peace,

Ken

#454002 - 11/16/13 01:25 PM Re: I feel better when I forgive the people around me [Re: blacken]
traveler Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: somewhere in Africa
LIKE - VERY MUCH!
Now I know my life has meaning
Now I see myself as I am, feeling very free...
When my tears have come to an end I will understand
What I left behind: a part of me. Chicago

#454009 - 11/16/13 01:45 PM Re: I feel better when I forgive the people around me [Re: blacken]
victor-victim Offline

Loc: O Kanada
you have never offended me.
i hope that is understood and mutual.

that having been said,
what you wrote was beautifully worded,
and very meaningful.

i appreciated how deep that was.
i can imagine how much it took for you to put that out there.

War
Love
Poetry

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.