Newest Members
lilac, The Wife Of, smusab, whiteflag, North101
12287 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
cyclebreaker (41), monkeybusinessinky (28), Tom Byrnes (55), wind west (30)
Who's Online
1 registered (1 invisible), 18 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12287 Members
73 Forums
63220 Topics
442068 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#453796 - 11/15/13 02:36 PM Violent outbursts and denial?
carperson Offline

Loc: Hawaii
Not long ago I told my brother that I was part of a web site that taught and supported CSA survivors and their families and was going to recommend it to my younger brother. However at the mention if the site he came up to me and pushed me to the floor then started screaming at me to stay out of it. He made no further physical action and instead threw some pillows and popped corn at the wall. When he reached for the lamp I restrained him yet again. He proceeded to scream and struggle. Saying "Nothing happened. Stay out of it" in screaming tones. In the last few weeks or so he has been getting increasingly loud and distructive. I really do not wish to physically restrain him but I don't know what else to do. He even yelled at our mother when she suggested we go to church. He is currently not speaking to me. He is 17. Should I avoid this site and 'stay out of it'? I am at a loss.

Edited by carperson (11/16/13 02:19 AM)

#453956 - 11/16/13 09:07 AM Re: Violent outbursts and denial? [Re: carperson]
Esposa Offline
F&F Greeter
MaleSurvivor

Loc: NJ
This site is as much for you as it could be for him. Obviously he is not ready to listen or to come here. But you can, and you can talk to people here since you cannot communicate with him.

At 17, he is still a minor and your mother has different options should he become a danger to himself. I can imagine it is extremely difficult to watch.

Come here though, this is a place where people understand.

Moderator:  ModTeam, peroperic2009 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.