Newest Members
0128, jeremywickers, JScott12, TMatti2, DaiseyLady
12502 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
innocence (60), pablo999 (53)
Who's Online
1 registered (1 invisible), 21 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12502 Members
74 Forums
64189 Topics
447922 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#453178 - 11/10/13 10:32 PM Violent Migraines
concerned_husky Offline
MaleSurvivor

Does anyone else get this? I'm 25 so I'm hoping it's not something big like a tumor. I have a migraine pretty much 24-7, but it gets a lot worse to the point of becoming painful to eat - usually when I'm triggered by something.

My Story

#453486 - 11/13/13 11:15 AM Re: Violent Migraines [Re: concerned_husky]
SamV Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Talladega, Alabama, USA
Migraine can be from an abnormal growth c_h, it would be advisable to rule it out by going to see a doctor. However psychosomatic responses can also be the culprit. Clenching the jaw, keeping the neck and shoulder muscles taut while under stress can also contribute to severe pain and discomfort in the hand. It may be a good idea to get some stretching and calming exercises to determine if there can be some relief.
I used to get terrible migraines from perfume and stress, I found that stretching the jaw and doing exercises to loosen the muscles in my neck and shoulders brought me a great deal of relief.

hth, Sam

#453565 - 11/13/13 10:10 PM Re: Violent Migraines [Re: concerned_husky]
gettingstronger Offline

Loc: Virginia
Hi Concerned Husky,

Been there, done that. I used to get these all the time, from about age 7 until a few years ago. What I found is that I used to clench my jaws (especially on the side where the headaches always seemed to be) and like Sam says, my shoulders were always rock-hard due to being around my family.

What I found helpful was to trace a line from your temples down to below your ears where the jaw muscles attach to your skull. Gently rub that line, especially the area just below your ears at the jawline. I found that it was usually hard as a rock, then as I rubbed it, it would hurt like hell. However, after a few minutes of gently massaging it, it would relax and the headache would dissipate.

For shoulder tension, I found that slowly rolling my head forward, to the left, back, to the right and so on really helped. I would do about 30 revolutions left and 30 right, alternating left and right. Usually these two sets of exercises would knock out 90% of the pain. Tylenol did the rest.

If these aren't helping, there are tons of migraine meds out there. Get with your doctor. My wife went through 3 different ones before she got relief from Imitrex. All the migraine meds seem to work very differently for different people, so if one doesn't do it, just keep trying until you find what works for you.

Hope this helps.

Bob

#453736 - 11/15/13 07:57 AM Re: Violent Migraines [Re: concerned_husky]
concerned_husky Offline
MaleSurvivor

Thanks for the responses, guys. I've tried out the rubbing/massaging along the jawlines - it's helped incredibly. I do think it was something psychosomatic. I think the stress I've been getting from my parents have mounted and mounted to a point where it's translating itself into physical pain. It's still there but it's easing bit by bit.

Edited by concerned_husky (11/15/13 07:59 AM)

My Story

Moderator:  ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.