Newest Members
rhyoung, Jefferson22, OxfordArms, Anony_mous, Drew6991x
12367 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
bluesky (44), Brother B+ (48), emal7717 (53), estuardo (52), kwf777 (56), LeeAnne (30), mapleleafsn (52), otherside (61), ronnie (59), Scott1962 (52), thrive-n-survive (42), tom3065 (36)
Who's Online
3 registered (pufferfish, wearytraveler, traveler), 16 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12367 Members
74 Forums
63563 Topics
444102 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#452321 - 11/03/13 08:54 AM 1 year of groups now
whome Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Johannesburg South Africa
Hey all
This is my Bi monthly check in and also a great land mark for us.
On the 7th of November we will have been running Groups for male survivors in Johannesburg for a year. When I started MatrixMen 3 years ago, I really thought it would be a lot further down the road, but progress with Male Survivors is slow.
All is going well and I am very very proud of all the guys that come to our group, and we always refer them to Male Survivors.org This is after all the place that I worked through my healing, and is the best for support and advice.
So all please take care of our guys from South Africa. Awww I know I don't have to tell you guys that.
I wish you all the best of luck and guys believe me HEALING IS POSSIBLE if you want it badly enough. Its all about choices, you can choose to be a victim of this for the rest of your life or you can choose to be happy and healthy from today forward, this doesn't mean it is easy, but it is possible.

Be safe all
Martin

#452367 - 11/03/13 05:09 PM Re: 1 year of groups now [Re: whome]
Jude Offline

Loc: New England
Martin!

So good to hear from you, a guy who actually does something about CSA recovery with his fellow male survivors.

Mag God jou seŽn jou werk in Suid-Afrika!

Jude
But I won't back down.
Tom Petty

#453265 - 11/11/13 06:35 PM Re: 1 year of groups now [Re: whome]
whome Offline
MaleSurvivor

Wow Jude

Awesome ......Google translate is great hahahaha
Jude we are just doing what we can to help others. I made a vow that if I survived through my recovery, I would make it easier for other men to find healing.
I really thought that a lot more men would come for help, but it has been hard.

Things are however starting to happen, there seems to be a bit more of a willingness to talk about male survivor issues. To date I have spoken to about 20 or 25 men in my city, about 2000 kids around the country and next year I hope to more than double the number of men in the group and talk to about 6000 kids.
Big plans
We are starting to raise funds now for a rehab/ safe house for sex traffic victims and domestic violence victims. Hoping to collect around $2mil.........Pray for us man.
We ( South Africa) are the rape capital of the world and some areas, where I talk to the people on the ground, it is felt that there are as many sexually abused boys as there are girls .......... really scarey.

This is all thanks to the wonderful work done here at MS, and off course you have to remember the great Mike Lew who saved my life by reaching out to me.

Keep going guys, I know that you don't believe it now, but if you really want it and you are honest and talk about what happened to you, then there is healing. Keep going and keep seeking wholeness.

Martin

#453320 - 11/12/13 05:46 AM Re: 1 year of groups now [Re: whome]
peroperic2009 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: South-East Europe
hello Martin, it is so good to see you man!
Congratulations on Johannesburg group's first year!
It is so inspiring to read about Matrixmen's achievements in SA.

I'll keep you you all guys there in my prayers.

Pero

#453430 - 11/12/13 08:52 PM Re: 1 year of groups now [Re: whome]
traveler Online   confused
MaleSurvivor

Loc: somewhere in Africa
Martin - awesome to hear what has been done so far.
congrats on that accomplishment.
keep up the good fight!
LEE
Now I know my life has meaning
Now I see myself as I am, feeling very free...
When my tears have come to an end I will understand
What I left behind: a part of me. Chicago

#454987 - 11/25/13 02:40 AM Re: 1 year of groups now [Re: whome]
whome Offline
MaleSurvivor

Hey Guys thanks for the encouragement, Its always great to come back to Male Survivor and see my old Brothers and some of the new ones.
I love this resource, its what saved me. We faced some rough times together, and we made it, Pero i remember when you joined here, you've come a long way and you have been a great support to me and MatrixMen. Thanks
Traveler, you also dispensed tons of sage advice that kept me going through tough tough times.
You are all hero's, thanks everyone of you. Pay it forward guys, pay it forward.

Martin

#454988 - 11/25/13 03:19 AM Re: 1 year of groups now [Re: whome]
victor-victim Offline

Loc: O Kanada
consider it paid.

you're welcome, and thank you.

great news.
congratulations!

War
Love
Poetry

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.