Newest Members
beatcook, MassGuy, wiresguy1, AustinChemist, wild_turky
12276 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
4113 (60), Andre M, (36), catchup22 (62), jim OCA 7 (57), sidhearthur (55), SkyClad (65)
Who's Online
0 registered (), 25 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12276 Members
73 Forums
63164 Topics
441711 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4
Topic Options
#291411 - 06/13/09 12:32 PM Re: Question for Bisexuals: how do you deal with it? [Re: Roderick]
Jaifian Offline

Loc: washington state, USA
I think that abuse can easily become a handy reason to deny one's sexuality. You just say to yourself "Well, I'm not really gay or bi, I'm just confused because of the abuse."

I also think that as long as one is influenced by society's non-acceptance of homosexuality, it will be very difficult to know if that notion is based on fact or bias.

I don't believe that being bisexual means that you can't have a monogamous relationship if you desire one, but neither do I believe that a meaningful relationship necessarily has to be a monogamous one.

I would say that I am in two very meaningful non-monogamous relationships right now with an older man and a younger one and both are a cherished part of my life.

I just think it's bad to limit yourself. I feel that if we survivors in general could spend less time thinking of reasons why we can't have a healthy relationship and more time thinking of reasons we can, we might all do a lot better!--- and that goes for me as well.

#291555 - 06/14/09 11:31 AM . [Re: siranthonysghost]
bardo213 Offline

Edited by bardo213 (06/21/13 07:39 PM)

#291767 - 06/15/09 08:41 PM Re: Question for Bisexuals: how do you deal with it? [Re: myboyhoodfears]
nltsaved Offline

Loc: Kc,Mo
Originally Posted By: nonchalant
"I feel like a complete misfit who isn't straight enough to be straight but isn't gay enough to be gay."

this is how i feel right now !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by nltsaved (06/15/09 08:43 PM)
you are not alone never were
WRITTEN FORM
http://www.malesurvivor.org/board/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=339159#Post339159
Why i hate Religion but love Jesus
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1IAhDGYlpqY

#291937 - 06/16/09 07:45 PM Re: Question for Bisexuals: how do you deal with it? [Re: nltsaved]
jimmy woods Offline

Loc: unitedstates N.C.
That is good what you said (Ithink its a bad to limit yourself)
that is so very true sexual orientation(Gay,Bi,striaght)is not the issue its what you said its bad to limit yourself if you want a relationship whatever the sex then it all comes down to how bad do you want that are you willing to sacrafice because no relationship is easy I know this from experience a failed one at that because I wanted my cake and to eat it to. Love and commitment comes with prices its 50 50 not80 20 I myself am Bi I have a child of 18 years old and he is in college as you can tell by my spelling that I was a drop out and worked all my life
2 halfs dont equal a whole like in math in realtionships 2 wholes equal 1 marriage if your not a whole person or the mate then the other is carrying part of your load and it might take 5,10 even 20 years but you have to committ all of you to all of them and them to make it life long thats true love which I dont happen to know personaly but Ive been around enough to know the equasion and where I failed that is just my opinion I hope thats allowed here and not to hurt anyone just answering the question the way I see it which is debatable I'm sure

#292334 - 06/19/09 02:28 PM Re: Question for Bisexuals: how do you deal with it? [Re: jimmy woods]
mogigo Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Colorado
Labels are for cans

If we just look at what is attractive in an individual then things would be so much easier. "I'm not in love with guy, girl, bi, etc. Instead, I am in love and attracted to "insert name".

The label really is pointless at that point.

Mike

#453427 - 11/12/13 07:32 PM Re: Question for Bisexuals: how do you deal with it? [Re: nonchalant]
jdsrip Offline

It still isnt easy for me. I cant imagine being able to be in a relationship where I cant be with either another man or a woman at the same time. However, I share this really not having made a full on commitment to date same sex (ie. men). I am trying to do this now and am hopeful that this will give me greater insight into who I am and what I want. The drawback is I have a gf I could still see myself with but she has to understand that I have to do this now. She is also heterosexual and cant understand what it means to be bisexual at all. Perspectives and value clash.

Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4

Moderator:  ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.