Newest Members
Won'tGiveUp, sillyputty, Pytbull, manipulated, donmarks
12383 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Alan Fountain (52), blindpet (31), egoror (49), Midas (33), uwa (78)
Who's Online
2 registered (hike1972, 1 invisible), 31 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12383 Members
74 Forums
63646 Topics
444504 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 5 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
#447911 - 09/22/13 02:30 PM Re: I just had a heart attack 48 hrs. ago [Re: Lancer]
peroperic2009 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: South-East Europe
Wow Lancer, Nero is so relaxed and feeling at home on that photo, thanks for sharing wink

I hope some nice cat would show soon!!!

Pero

#448177 - 09/25/13 07:33 AM Re: I just had a heart attack 48 hrs. ago [Re: Lancer]
WriterKeith Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: southern California
Lancer,
So glad you sound well on the mend!

About the cats...I'm not a cat person, but who could resist a cat that nuzzles against you? Sounds like he has made his choice and is waiting to see if it's mutual. :-)

The idea for pets is a good one. All signs show that it's healthy for us to have something or someone to care for.

A scrappy-looking cat began hanging around my yard a few months ago. It stays clear, it's skiddish, but it made several nests for daytime naps and overnighters. I finally caved and began giving it milk and an occasional meal.

It's kind of like a little furry phantom scampering around and sometimes it startles me when I step outside and it darts by. Your black cat photo is great. Keep us posted! So glad to hear you're doing well!

Keith

#448962 - 10/02/13 04:38 AM Re: I just had a heart attack 48 hrs. ago [Re: Lancer]
WriterKeith Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: southern California
Hey, Lancer,
What's the report? How are you doing now? Give us a good report!

#452744 - 11/07/13 02:39 AM Re: I just had a heart attack 48 hrs. ago [Re: Lancer]
Lancer Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Florida
fwiw, I've been having some bad reactions to the meds in the past month...days of diarrhea, have lost ten lbs. I can't seem to hold on to, debilitating headaches on the right side of my head/temple, hypersensitive scalp, painful right sinus. Can't afford a $200 visit to the doctor because they're already coming after me for the $50K hospital bill.

I even debated posting because, in the real world, no one seems to want to hear it. They just avoid me. Can't say I blame them, but even one goddamned person caring and willing to stick with me through this would help. I feel isolated, uncared for, lonely, depressed, etc.

I took a three-day drug holiday and it helped. I'm now going thru the meds one-by-one to find the culprit (likely the bp meds). otoh, I'm ready to just jettison the drugs. Screw it. Physically and emotionally I'm wiped out. Frankly it's been 2 months of hell and I often find myself wondering if life like this is worth living. Christ, it's all I can do to keep food in the fridge and maintain the house. No one "gets" the amount of effort it requires...or even gives a damn. Yeah, I suppose there are solutions, but I'm too damned wiped out to even summon the energy. Fuck it.

Haven't looked at this thread in a while. Interesting to see Nero's pic up there...and that he ended up here anyway (with a younger buddy) a few weeks ago. (@ TM...black cats ADORE me and I them).

#452747 - 11/07/13 04:09 AM Re: I just had a heart attack 48 hrs. ago [Re: Lancer]
peroperic2009 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: South-East Europe
Hey Lancer, good to see you man.
Please don't doubt about posting here, there are (real) people (like me) who care and wonder how are you doing wink

You went trough very intense and stressful period of time, it is no wonder that you need more time to recover.
Share more with us!

Pero

#452925 - 11/08/13 01:02 PM Re: I just had a heart attack 48 hrs. ago [Re: Lancer]
Lancer Offline
MaleSurvivor

Thx for the encouragement Pero. Ended up extending the drug holiday another day before resuming today with the same intense headaches and goddamned diarrhea within a couple hours.

I did my research and the primary side effects for all of them were headaches, dizziness and diarrhea. Fucking enuf already. I've decided this (obviously) is a more quality of life issue and I'm immediately dumping five of the meds except the Prevachol (cholesterol med). Screw it. At least I've successfully kept the regimen for the HIV meds thru all this.

#452946 - 11/08/13 03:06 PM Re: I just had a heart attack 48 hrs. ago [Re: Lancer]
traveler Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: somewhere in Africa
Originally Posted By: Lancer
I even debated posting because, in the real world, no one seems to want to hear it. They just avoid me. Can't say I blame them, but even one goddamned person caring and willing to stick with me through this would help. I feel isolated, uncared for, lonely, depressed, etc.

Lancer - i come to this Health forum ONLY to see how you are doing.
please keep posting!
LEE
Now I know my life has meaning
Now I see myself as I am, feeling very free...
When my tears have come to an end I will understand
What I left behind: a part of me. Chicago

#453266 - 11/11/13 06:36 PM Re: I just had a heart attack 48 hrs. ago [Re: Lancer]
Lancer Offline
MaleSurvivor

Doing a bit better all around having quit all but the Prevachol. Meanwhile, dizziness and severe headaches have subsided, and no more days and days of the trots. Actually got back outdoors, too.

I may try resuming one of the beta blockers (bp med) in a few days, but I'm skeptical.

@Lee...perhaps appropriately, like The Doctor's quote.

#453274 - 11/11/13 09:25 PM Re: I just had a heart attack 48 hrs. ago [Re: Lancer]
Suwanee Offline
Greeter
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Southeast USA
Lancer,
It's been a while since I checked in. I'm so sorry you've had a rough time lately. All the same, I'm hoping you're turning the corner after a grueling few months. Take it easy, but by all means get out and about when you can. You have a lot of guys on here in your corner.

Will

-Signs and traces left in stone
Ruins of a past unknown-

#456499 - 12/09/13 11:19 PM Re: I just had a heart attack 48 hrs. ago [Re: Lancer]
Lancer Offline
MaleSurvivor

Haven't posted to this thread in about a month. Only doing the cholesterol and BP med. Headaches, though not gone, have subsided substantially. Screw whether or not it's "good" for me. As I shared with another member, if I'm feeling lousy or worse All The Time, what's the point?

And no problem with remaining textbook consistent on the HIV meds.

Probably for another thread and debated posting this at the time, but fwiw, after 20 years ramped down my antidepressant last month as well. (Caveat, this is my experience and not an endorsement). What I've noticed is it's not as hard to get my ass in gear to do things. I just do them. About the way I felt with Prozac 20 years ago. Natch, I'm watching for the depression - particularly considering what I've posted in the past 3 months - but I'm also watching for signs of hyperactivity, too. Neither. Simply, after a month, things get done:

Had plenty of shoots the past week and really had to take 24 hours off to recharge for a client's product shoot and advert. The change I noticed was that I'd normally have procrastinated for a few days at least and lied to the client about the reasons. Well, today I simply got off my ass and did it as promised. I won't say it's huge, but it's a significant change in behavior for me.

Page 5 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Moderator:  ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.