Newest Members
PaulnMA, andrewmartin, Aurigny, Luther, LuckyCharm
12252 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Beyond Abuse (51), dona (55), JoMiFa (35), norbrill1 (62), RubyRoberts (62)
Who's Online
3 registered (andrewmartin, 2 invisible), 44 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12252 Members
73 Forums
63107 Topics
441318 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#452723 - 11/06/13 06:51 PM I did good thing this weekend
SamV Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Talladega, Alabama, USA
I went to an event that had a few hundred people sitting in an auditorium. I was sitting behind a couple teen age boys, about 14 or 15 years old. Another boy came over and wanted to sit with them. One of the boys got up and told him if he was going to sit there he was going to move. The second boy tried to sit and the other boy got up as to move. The second boy left, but he left with a smile mask on, you know? One of those smiles that desperately pleads "accept me".

I looked to see where that boy finally sat down, across the auditorium with what appeared to be his mother. During a break I went over to him. I asked him what was his name and he told me. I told him my name, shook his hand, looked him dead in the eye and said, "It is a pleasure to meet you." He smiled and I walked off.

Later that day, he comes over to where I was and starts talking like we were best friends, he spends some time with me and my "friends" talking about RC planes and his life. He was thrilled, he asked me to meet his mother and sister, he does not have a dad. I met them and they seemed nice.

We parted ways. I will probably never see him again, but I am glad I took a moment, I hope he feels more confident about himself. I know I do, just from a simple gesture.

Sam

#452732 - 11/06/13 10:59 PM Re: I did good thing this weekend [Re: SamV]
Jude Offline

Loc: New England
Sam,

You DID do a good thing! You may have been the first person who ever noticed him and reached out. Kids remember things like that, and that may have been a turning point in his life.

Jude
....it's life's illusions I recall, I really don't know life at all. "
Joni Mitchell

#452810 - 11/07/13 09:30 PM Re: I did good thing this weekend [Re: SamV]
BraveFalcon Offline
Greeter
MaleSurvivor

Loc: The ATL

Hi Sam. Awesome post! Thanks for sharing this with us. It's to bad you probably won't see him again. I'm sure you could be a positive influence in his life. Although, I think you probably already were, if only for one day. Kudos to you, man. Peace,

Ken

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.