Newest Members
rhyoung, Jefferson22, OxfordArms, Anony_mous, Drew6991x
12367 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
rpalm06 (46)
Who's Online
5 registered (traveler, pufferfish, randombreeze, 2 invisible), 15 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12367 Members
74 Forums
63558 Topics
444058 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#452567 - 11/05/13 02:24 PM How rapists target men
SoccerStar Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: New York
This is one of the most disturbing articles I've ever read about sexual abuse.

TRIGGERS FROM ANOTHER DIMENSION. Seriously.

http://thoughtcatalog.com/jay-roberts/2013/10/i-met-a-convicted-serial-killer/

It's a reminiscence from a man who, at age 20, was targeted by Randy Kraft, "The Scorecard Killer." Possibly the most prolific serial killer in American history, Kraft specialized in abusing men. Befriending, beguiling, drugging, raping, torturing, mutilating, and killing them. He is believed to have raped and murdered nearly 70 men, nearly all of them over 20 years old. The oldest was 35. He had a special preference for Marines. No, really. Most of his victims were straight adult men with military combat, self-defense, and weapons training.

The author describes Kraft as utterly spellbinding, magnetic and irresistible - the kindest person he'd ever met. They hit it off SO well, in fact, that the author admits that as an arrow-straight 20-year-old with no interest in males whatsoever, he had to fight himself to not give into the notion that he ought to at least try sex with Kraft, who had been so kind and affectionate to him and who was so clearly smitten by him.

As a window into how predators can target those whom society thinks of as the strongest and safest among us, and how the emotional confusion wrought by perps is strikingly consistent across all victim age groups - it just chills the blood.

(oh and, he had an accomplice who was never found - did I mention it was scary?)

Matt

EDIT: Small world... one of our very own members here was a survivor of this abomination. That person no longer posts here but I hope he gained some comfort and healing from as many therapeutic resources as possible, and that MS was a net help overall. Wherever he is now, I am thinking of him.

"Don't think it hasn't been a little slice of heaven just because it hasn't!" --Bugs Bunny

#452641 - 11/06/13 05:45 AM Re: How rapists target men [Re: SoccerStar]
victor-victim Offline

Loc: O Kanada
OMFG
very powerful and painful to read.

totally tragically triggering for me.

another lucky survivor.

War
Love
Poetry

#452704 - 11/06/13 03:59 PM Re: How rapists target men [Re: victor-victim]
Jacob S Offline
MaleSurvivor

Originally Posted By: victor-victim
OMFG
very powerful and painful to read.

totally tragically triggering for me.

another lucky survivor.

I thought of you when I read the above story. Hope you are doing ok.
all the people he can trust.
Like the one who stands behind him
cheering him on
Estatic when he stands defiant,
wild with abandon when he's gone

just stay alive.
do whatever you need to.
you are worth it.

#452722 - 11/06/13 06:48 PM Re: How rapists target men [Re: SoccerStar]
victor-victim Offline

Loc: O Kanada
not 100% ok, but getting better.

War
Love
Poetry

Moderator:  Chase Eric, ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.