Newest Members
JayNL, Robert Barrett, lostsoul824, beatcook, MassGuy
12279 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
carter (51), CAW1980 (34), Fissy Tsickens (53), Kris (52), Wheatthins (23)
Who's Online
8 registered (lapchinj, Bluedogone, 5 invisible), 27 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12279 Members
73 Forums
63177 Topics
441771 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#452507 - 11/04/13 11:17 PM TV (TNT) "Major Crimes" episode "The Deep End"
Lancer Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Florida
Being a huge Mary McDonnell fan, thot I'd check out the series (U.S.) and wasn't prepared for this episode (#208).

A swim coach kills a home intruder, one of his students from ten years earlier whose life has been in a steady downward spiral during those years for reasons too familiar to us on MS. imo, it's extraordinarily well-written.

Before you watch it, however, you should know it's extremely triggering. I started to cry watching it and I don't cry about TV shows.

I don't see in the full episode guide on TNT, but perhaps Hulu.

#452548 - 11/05/13 11:59 AM Re: TV (TNT) "Major Crimes" episode "The Deep End" [Re: Lancer]
Still Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: 2 NATO Nations
I've never watched a single episode of MC, as I'm very ADD, and need very fast shows (like The Waltzing Dead), but I admire the acting and character presence all of the major players in that series.

Still's Globs

New Video

#452601 - 11/05/13 08:49 PM Re: TV (TNT) "Major Crimes" episode "The Deep End" [Re: Lancer]
Suwanee Online   content
Greeter
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Southeast USA
My wife loves the show. I remember seeing it back in the summer. I almost posted on it then.

Oh man...it was triggering if no other reason than its well-written account of the issue. It didn't trivialize or denigrate the topic. The writer(s) certainly researched CSA effects---or had personal knowledge of it...

Will

-Signs and traces left in stone
Ruins of a past unknown-

#452629 - 11/06/13 01:46 AM Re: TV (TNT) "Major Crimes" episode "The Deep End" [Re: Lancer]
onlyakid Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: New Jersey
Other series have done similiar episodes on male csa and if it was done as well as the ones I've seen then it is of great value to this community. I sometimes have to be careful when I watch crime shows like these, especially Law and Order: SVU.

"and i don't want the world to see me, cause i don't think that they'd understand"

"You don't know what love is...you just do as your told"

"My life has changed. What you take as a simple thing, is not so simple for me anymore"

#452631 - 11/06/13 02:06 AM Re: TV (TNT) "Major Crimes" episode "The Deep End" [Re: Lancer]
Frustrated Offline

I'm watching L O SUV right now

#452761 - 11/07/13 10:12 AM Re: TV (TNT) "Major Crimes" episode "The Deep End" [Re: onlyakid]
KMCINVA Offline
Greeter
MaleSurvivor

the shows have helped to get the word out of the prevalence of CSA. I too am triggered at certain phrases or words spoken on the show-for some reason when I hear anyone say to the young victim or adult survivor it was not your fault or you are not responsible I loose it. I begin to think, the words are so so true but so hard to accept. The shows I have seen seem to project a realistic approach to the issues the victims face--

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.