Newest Members
Lumpy, squeekinby, rhyoung, Jefferson22, OxfordArms
12369 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
freddie (65), Max10 (56), Medos (46), PJinLB (47), TheWookinizer (27), tofeno (40)
Who's Online
8 registered (Obi, CafeMan, Jay1946, 5 invisible), 10 Guests and 6 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12369 Members
74 Forums
63579 Topics
444198 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#452448 - 11/04/13 02:39 PM Abused by my sister
huon Offline

Just wanted to say hi and I'm here and I was abused by my sister who is older than me. Anyway, just hoping I'm not the only one in this situation.

Edited by huon (08/04/14 09:32 AM)

#452515 - 11/05/13 05:54 AM Re: Abused by my sister [Re: huon]
SamV Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Talladega, Alabama, USA
Hello huon, it takes courage to share that, thank you. I too was abused by an older sister, she is four years older than I and she was abused when she was four or five. Please know you are not alone, that others share that burden but that there is hope for comfort and peace in the near future. You are on the right path, keep doing what you are doing. When you are ready, share your story as you can, getting those memories into a healthy support group like ours helps to untie those feelings of shame and regret, helping us to realize we were not protected by those who's responsibility it was to do just that.

You are not alone,
Sam

#452729 - 11/06/13 09:53 PM Re: Abused by my sister [Re: huon]
BraveFalcon Offline
Greeter
MaleSurvivor

Loc: The ATL

Hi Huon. You are definitely not alone. Quite a few of us here were abused by older females growing up and the damage it can cause can be just as devastating as same-sex abuse. I was not abused by a sibling but by a girl who was more or less like a sibling for quite a few years. This took place from ages 8 though about 13. Also, when I was 7 or 8, I was molested by two teenage girls who were completely unrelated to the other situation. This is the last place you have to feel ashamed to talk about these things or to feel awkward about admitting that they happened and you were harmed by them. As soon as you feel comfortable sharing more with us, we are here to listen. Know that we understand. Peace,

Ken

#452955 - 11/08/13 04:38 PM Re: Abused by my sister [Re: huon]
nomorevic Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: North Carolina
Hello Huon.

I too was abused by an older female for a number of years, in my case it was my cousin.

You are certainly in good company here and you are not alone in your situation. I appreciate your willingness to share your story with us as we are also able to benefit in knowing there are other men who have been through similar situations.
Take care of yourself, share as you feel comfortable, and know you will receive support here.

Best,

Edited by nomorevic (11/08/13 04:54 PM)

#455114 - 11/26/13 10:55 AM Re: Abused by my sister [Re: huon]
triumphj Offline

Loc: California
My first abuse was also by my sister. I was 9 years old. I am now 56 and trying to come to grips with what happened. I lived my life wondering what happened and through my current wife was led to help. Thank you for sharing as I also am new to this and hope we can all help each other to work through this. I feel now there is hope.

Look around you and find help. Remember also as I keep saying to myself. It was not your fault.

Moderator:  ModTeam, Publius, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.