Newest Members
Lumpy, squeekinby, rhyoung, Jefferson22, OxfordArms
12369 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
aleja (40), bc22 (47), DavidMI (40), Forrest_Gump (39), Jay1946 (68), Malc4 (29), mpm01 (49), widpaulman (43)
Who's Online
0 registered (), 12 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12369 Members
74 Forums
63570 Topics
444147 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#328732 - 04/17/10 05:19 PM Re: Underwear Fetish? [Re: petercorbett]
Ever-fixed Mark Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: United States
I was in an institution where everything was handed down and when we weren't we didn't have much money anyway.

Undies that look good and feel good and aren't worn to the woof aren't a fetish. It's perfectly normal and human to want to look and feel good. I've been "auditioning" new styles for a few weeks to see what I like the feel of. My black Calvin's are soon to be history.

-efm

Everybody here's got a story to tell
Everybody's been through their own hell
There's nothing too special about getting hurt
Getting over it, that takes the work

- "Duck and Cover" by Glen Phillips

#328760 - 04/17/10 08:57 PM Re: Underwear Fetish? [Re: Shaun The Sheep]
king tut Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: UK
Originally Posted By: Shaun The Sheep
I'm curious to know what everyone else experienced - everyone I've asked about this goes "No way - I always had new skivvies." I can't tell if my parents were apathetic or ignorant about this or what.

I have two brothers (and a sister), and the way the clothes washing worked in my house was everything gets chucked together, so we'd often end up wearing some of the same stuff. We are around the same age but obviously i was always smaller as the youngest so i'd wear underwear that they once wore or grew out of (they weren't dirty or anything though). I never really had many clothes just for me, they were always old clothes from my brothers or sister, or from friends of the family. I did have some nice clothes i liked though, i liked track-suits at one point. Sometimes i'd be wearing a t-shirt out and a friend would recognise it as an old piece of clothing of his (i was small for my age so my friends had always grown out of clothes that would fit me), i didn't find that difficult or embarassing though, it was fine, it was just how it was.

I still remember some of my favourite underwear, is that weird? i liked the white pair with little carrots all over them (looney tunes) and also the jurassic park one with T-rex on the front. I had some of my old underwear a few yeas ago, somehow it had just never been chucked out. I got rid of them since though because although it was amazing to see how small they were i thought it would be weird to keep them. I have other items of clothing from when i was young though to remind me how small i was and that it couldn't have possibly been my fault.

I discovered the freedom of having a little money, and so i have come to like buying underwear. I think it is just about feeling good about yourself. It is not so much about re-discovering a healthy sexuality, for me it is just realising that i have the freedom to own my own body and to dress in a way that i like, including my underwear. It isn't for anybody else to look at or anything, it is just for me. It is good to do things for yourself. Just because underwear is a piece of clothing that covers your private parts it doesn't make it weird to like to wear nice looking and comfortable ones.

I love you, little lewis, and i will never leave you. We are the same. You brighten my day, and i will make sure that i brighten yours. Hugs and kisses.

#328762 - 04/17/10 09:18 PM Re: Underwear Fetish? [Re: king tut]
usmc97 Offline

Loc: Colorado
When I was younger I got hand me downs but things would disappear once they got to me after the abuse started (got in trouble for that too), it was my job to have to hide all the evidence. I'm so embarrassed to buy them now that I have to ask a friend to buy them for me or at least go with me but I can't face the check-out person even in the self check-out because they're watching. I can't really handle being in a store by myself anyway.

Again more issues that I never had in the past.

I don't know why I felt like writing this. Embarrassed right now

The statistics? 1 in 4, 1 in 6?
...then there's me the imaginary number

#328811 - 04/18/10 12:21 PM Re: Underwear Fetish? [Re: usmc97]
Shaun The Sheep Offline

Loc: West Coast
I'm glad you did - thanks for sharing, USMC.

#328824 - 04/18/10 02:19 PM Re: Underwear Fetish? [Re: Shaun The Sheep]
WalkingSouth Offline
MaleSurvivor

You're definitely not alone, Shaun. I've got a drawer full on nice boxer briefs. New or in really good shape. No holes, runs, or tatters. I don't need as many as I have but damn If I'm gonna ever look in that drawer and find nothing there!!!

#328901 - 04/18/10 11:40 PM Re: Underwear Fetish? [Re: WalkingSouth]
Shaun The Sheep Offline

Loc: West Coast

Edited by Shaun The Sheep (04/01/11 11:33 AM)

#451754 - 10/29/13 08:26 PM Re: Underwear Fetish? [Re: Shaun The Sheep]
gettingstronger Offline

Loc: Virginia
TRIGGER WARNING

I apologize in advance for the following. I've tried to use as neutral language as possible, but some of it still graphic. Since it's about something I got over and ceased doing LONG ago, my sole purpose in posting about it is so that, if other guys here are in a similar situation, they can see that "getting over it" and finding healthy ways to fulfill various needs is indeed possible.

I hate to admit it but my abuse, and the things in childhood that led up to it, caused me to have an actual underwear fetish for several years (long ago.) There's a back story here.

As a kid (even before the abuse,) I was lonely, isolated and afraid to leave my bedroom for various reasons. The other boys I knew went to the beach, had girlfriends, were in good shape and had good tans from being outside and playing sports. I envied them, was extremely jealous, and was angry that I could not experience these things. Even before I was sexually abused by a neighborhood boy, I was very deeply scarred, both sexually and vis-ŕ-vis my self esteem, by friends of my parents.

I grew up in a beach town. The guys I envied (surfers, who invariably seemed to be in great shape) would stand in the back of their pickup trucks when they were finished surfing, wrap a towel around their waists, slip off their trunks and change into dry clothes. For some reason, some of them would leave their underwear lying on the grass next to where they had parked.

I won't go into details (I think all fetishes involve sexuality that's gotten twisted beyond recognition) but I collected and used these in various ways, all unhealthy.

What I discovered is this. First, I was obviously looking for gratification that was as shameful as what I thought I deserved. After all, I was "taught" that sex was the most disgusting, filthy and shameful thing ever. Second, collecting and sexualizing these was a way for me to "connect," however fleetingly, with the surfers who I idolized and longed to be like. For a brief moment (no pun intended,) I was one of them. I was also mimicking my perp in a way, since he was a handsome surfer. Then back to the shame.

Third, I was reinforcing my abysmal self-esteem in a really sick way. Without going into detail, I was in effect comparing myself physically (and sexually) with them.

Finally, I was also acting out a great deal of anger in a really unhealthy way. Without going into detail about the condition they were in when I was finished with them, I used to think, "There! Was THAT good enough for you?" I was, um, defiling something that intimately belonged to another guy in the same way that I was defiled by my perp.

Once I got these things sorted out (actually not that long after the compulsion began,) the need to do this left me and never came back. It's been gone for many, many years, and I don't expect it to ever return.

I guess my point is, if you're facing some sort of compulsive behavior, don't just engage in it. Try to break it down and find what it is that you're REALLY looking for. There's a reason for it, and more than likely it's a good reason that's just being fulfilled in an unhealthy way. I was able to break this compulsion without a T, and if I can, so can others.

Edited by gettingstronger (10/31/13 08:09 PM)

#452369 - 11/03/13 05:56 PM . [Re: Shaun The Sheep]
johnb11 Offline

Loc: Europe

#452395 - 11/04/13 04:21 AM Re: Underwear Fetish? [Re: Shaun The Sheep]
risingagain Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Vancouver, BC, Canada
Addressing kink shame is important, especially for survivors... I think that fetishes, if they are expressed consensually with clear communication and 'above-ground', are not shameful at all... many people have underwear fetishes, foot fetish, clothing, handcuffs, bondage, etc etc etc... it's OK to have fantasies and desires... I have learned to feel good about myself and my own unique sexual expression... informed consent is key... then you keep yourself and whomever you are sexual with out of harms way...

for example nowadays i regularly tell people that i love seeing guys in down jackets and rain coats... it can be such a turn on for me... i don't have an issue with that anymore... i'm simply open about it, if anyone wants to know. and i'll tell a guy he looks gr8 in that jacket... no problem!

#452493 - 11/04/13 07:38 PM Re: Underwear Fetish? [Re: gettingstronger]
traveler Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: somewhere in Africa
Originally Posted By: gettingstronger
I guess my point is, if you're facing some sort of compulsive behavior, don't just engage in it. Try to break it down and find what it is that you're REALLY looking for. There's a reason for it, and more than likely it's a good reason that's just being fulfilled in an unhealthy way. I was able to break this compulsion without a T, and if I can, so can others.

i think you have a good point here. i used to have a huge phobia of wearing clothes that belonged to other people - hand-me-downs, 2nd-hand, borrowed - whatever. i have traced it back to the fact that when my mom married the step-dad, we moved into his house - full of all the things that had belonged to his original family - who were dead. i slept in his dead son's bed, played with his toys, played his trumpet, etc. whenever i wore the clothes that were not mine - it made me feel like i was disappearing and did not exist any longer.

later - i took the opposite approach - i would borrow (sometime without the owners' knowledge) clothes that belonged to boys that i admired or wanted to be like. i never kept them - but it made me feel like i was taking on some of their attributes - like i was becoming them for just a little while.

thanks for your post, gs - it helped me put it into clear thoughts and words.

LEE
Now I know my life has meaning
Now I see myself as I am, feeling very free...
When my tears have come to an end I will understand
What I left behind: a part of me. Chicago

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  ModTeam, peroperic2009 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.