Newest Members
JohnWC, KKumar, J44, Anura, reynel5
12420 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
beginning (34), Gary H. (41), jewelmom (63), kdg2310 (55), Li Yuki (2014), monarchnaps (36), Neverquit (30), Nord (58), SoSad (45)
Who's Online
0 registered (), 39 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12420 Members
74 Forums
63783 Topics
445415 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#452380 - 11/03/13 10:26 PM One Full Year of Therapy
ThisMan Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: upper south
Another b'day in a few days and this will mark a full year of therapy. Three different therapists, one at a time, until I found one that fit with my personality and experiences. I have gone once a week every week, except for my vacation time. The first sexual abuse was when I was four, the last when I was 50. I started the therapy to become a better man, a fuller man. I will never erase what has happened but I can change my future. Have I been successful? Will I be successful? I don't know, but at least I am trying.

On my b'day on Tuesday, I will be in therapy. What better way to tell myself that I am still serious and committed to a better future. I say to the guys of MS, thanks for helping me, for listening to me, for guiding me as I work through to the others side. I could not have made it this far without you guys.

#452382 - 11/03/13 10:40 PM Re: One Full Year of Therapy [Re: ThisMan]
cant_remember Offline
MaleSurvivor

Happy Birthday, ThisMan.

Look how far you've come!

Cant

#452394 - 11/04/13 04:04 AM Re: One Full Year of Therapy [Re: ThisMan]
risingagain Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Vancouver, BC, Canada
Happy Birthday, Bill!!! And happy recovery anniversary... may your river flow gracefully!

#452424 - 11/04/13 10:14 AM Re: One Full Year of Therapy [Re: ThisMan]
traveler Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: somewhere in Africa
LIKE!

LEE
Now I know my life has meaning
Now I see myself as I am, feeling very free...
When my tears have come to an end I will understand
What I left behind: a part of me. Chicago

#452425 - 11/04/13 10:37 AM Re: One Full Year of Therapy [Re: ThisMan]
BuffaloCO Offline

Loc: USA
Hi ThisMan,

Happy Birthday and thanks for your support too. I've been going to individual T off and on for almost 3 years. I've been here just over a year and both have helped me a lot, more then I know how to describe even.

Like you my abuse stuff started when I was really young and went on for years. T has helped me break chains I did not even know were on me, like shame and guilt. It's been almost a whole year since I had a nightmare and I don't worry about them coming back. Even if they do, I know how to deal with them now. Most important, I see me differently then I ever did before.

I don't know what the future holds, but I know it will be a lot better then what I left behind. You are successful. My T told me just to look at where I was and compare it to where I am now when I doubt my progress. Sometimes it's tough, but no way is it like it was before. Thanks for the reminder and congratulations!

#452427 - 11/04/13 10:50 AM Re: One Full Year of Therapy [Re: ThisMan]
SoccerStar Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: New York
Happy Birthday, TM. It's been a joy to watch you grow stronger and more self-confident since you've been here.

"Don't think it hasn't been a little slice of heaven just because it hasn't!" --Bugs Bunny

#452433 - 11/04/13 11:25 AM Re: One Full Year of Therapy [Re: ThisMan]
DavoSwim Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Iowa, USA
Happy Birthday. Congratulations on the success you've achieved in the last year. Your positive attitude is contagious and inspirational.

Dave

#452466 - 11/04/13 04:50 PM Re: One Full Year of Therapy [Re: ThisMan]
Jude Offline

Loc: New England
I get a little bit closer to feeling fine.
Sheryl Crow

#452503 - 11/04/13 10:23 PM Re: One Full Year of Therapy [Re: ThisMan]
ThisMan Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: upper south
AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME VIDEO, Jude!!!!

Thanks, guys, for the boost. I just had this wild fantasy that all those skating babies were us before the "big uglies" got to us... just young and innocent and dancing and skating.... so very cool.

#452506 - 11/04/13 10:54 PM Re: One Full Year of Therapy [Re: ThisMan]
KMCINVA Offline
Greeter
MaleSurvivor

Great to hear. You are right we can never erase the abuse--only learn to accept it and accept it was not our fault. Your attitude is positive and it can be seen in your writing. Acceptance is so important in healing--such a simple concept but locked in the mind of the child within the man.

Best wishes

Kevin

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.