Newest Members
journey4two, VASurvivor, jayceemac, rwolf, FindingNemo
12328 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Alicia (55), bubblytam (56), crazydragon (39), JGag78 (36), kris82 (32), Shin (28)
Who's Online
5 registered (Nathan LaChine, Aptrick, journey4two, tbkkfile, 1 invisible), 16 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12328 Members
74 Forums
63396 Topics
443259 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#452380 - 11/03/13 10:26 PM One Full Year of Therapy
ThisMan Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: upper south
Another b'day in a few days and this will mark a full year of therapy. Three different therapists, one at a time, until I found one that fit with my personality and experiences. I have gone once a week every week, except for my vacation time. The first sexual abuse was when I was four, the last when I was 50. I started the therapy to become a better man, a fuller man. I will never erase what has happened but I can change my future. Have I been successful? Will I be successful? I don't know, but at least I am trying.

On my b'day on Tuesday, I will be in therapy. What better way to tell myself that I am still serious and committed to a better future. I say to the guys of MS, thanks for helping me, for listening to me, for guiding me as I work through to the others side. I could not have made it this far without you guys.

#452382 - 11/03/13 10:40 PM Re: One Full Year of Therapy [Re: ThisMan]
cant_remember Offline
MaleSurvivor

Happy Birthday, ThisMan.

Look how far you've come!

Cant

#452394 - 11/04/13 04:04 AM Re: One Full Year of Therapy [Re: ThisMan]
risingagain Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Vancouver, BC, Canada
Happy Birthday, Bill!!! And happy recovery anniversary... may your river flow gracefully!

#452424 - 11/04/13 10:14 AM Re: One Full Year of Therapy [Re: ThisMan]
traveler Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: somewhere in Africa
LIKE!

LEE
Now I know my life has meaning
Now I see myself as I am, feeling very free...
When my tears have come to an end I will understand
What I left behind: a part of me. Chicago

#452425 - 11/04/13 10:37 AM Re: One Full Year of Therapy [Re: ThisMan]
BuffaloCO Offline

Loc: USA
Hi ThisMan,

Happy Birthday and thanks for your support too. I've been going to individual T off and on for almost 3 years. I've been here just over a year and both have helped me a lot, more then I know how to describe even.

Like you my abuse stuff started when I was really young and went on for years. T has helped me break chains I did not even know were on me, like shame and guilt. It's been almost a whole year since I had a nightmare and I don't worry about them coming back. Even if they do, I know how to deal with them now. Most important, I see me differently then I ever did before.

I don't know what the future holds, but I know it will be a lot better then what I left behind. You are successful. My T told me just to look at where I was and compare it to where I am now when I doubt my progress. Sometimes it's tough, but no way is it like it was before. Thanks for the reminder and congratulations!

#452427 - 11/04/13 10:50 AM Re: One Full Year of Therapy [Re: ThisMan]
SoccerStar Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: New York
Happy Birthday, TM. It's been a joy to watch you grow stronger and more self-confident since you've been here.

"Don't think it hasn't been a little slice of heaven just because it hasn't!" --Bugs Bunny

#452433 - 11/04/13 11:25 AM Re: One Full Year of Therapy [Re: ThisMan]
DavoSwim Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Iowa, USA
Happy Birthday. Congratulations on the success you've achieved in the last year. Your positive attitude is contagious and inspirational.

Dave

#452466 - 11/04/13 04:50 PM Re: One Full Year of Therapy [Re: ThisMan]
Jude Offline

Loc: New England
But he never betrays what he thinks.
Can you see the real me, doctor?.
The Who

#452503 - 11/04/13 10:23 PM Re: One Full Year of Therapy [Re: ThisMan]
ThisMan Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: upper south
AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME VIDEO, Jude!!!!

Thanks, guys, for the boost. I just had this wild fantasy that all those skating babies were us before the "big uglies" got to us... just young and innocent and dancing and skating.... so very cool.

#452506 - 11/04/13 10:54 PM Re: One Full Year of Therapy [Re: ThisMan]
KMCINVA Offline
Greeter
MaleSurvivor

Great to hear. You are right we can never erase the abuse--only learn to accept it and accept it was not our fault. Your attitude is positive and it can be seen in your writing. Acceptance is so important in healing--such a simple concept but locked in the mind of the child within the man.

Best wishes

Kevin

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.