Newest Members
BCtejas, JHNebraska, mike42069, JACKL, Personman
12491 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
kb8715 (114), rom2057 (57), terrapin (51)
Who's Online
5 registered (Seekingwisdom, Jay1946, Shyshark, myrlin, JW1230), 29 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12491 Members
74 Forums
64158 Topics
447709 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#452351 - 11/03/13 02:31 PM Hello with a smile of joy
Harvey Dent Offline

Hello everyone,

I found this website three days ago and it has had a huge impact on my life. I spent 5nights The first night reading so many stories and so many words of encouragement. Although nothing written was directed to me, your words echoed across the barren half of my soul. Letting me know that I am not alone. That I am not Lewis & Clark making maps of unexplored territory. I am simply the latest to cross the hazards before me. Thanks to you, I have a map to find the destination. Thank you all for the bravery you have shown by baring your heart's, your wounds, your souls, and your darkest desperation.

I am a newlywed (June 21 2013) who has a wonderful wife that knows all of my secrets & loves me unconditionally. She puts up with my destructive side and honestly confronts my pain. But being married has opened up a whole new can of worms that I had never dealt with before and am dealing with now.

I am a a survivor of CSA who has never gone to counselling and has always faced his demons alone...struggling my way towards recovery. I look forward to getting to know some of you. My story has been submitted and awaits Moderator approval. I hope my pain will assist you in confronting your own.

My story: http://www.malesurvivor.org/board/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=452346#Post452346

Odds are that I am typing on my phone. Please excuse punctuation and spelling. Editing is a serious pain in the neck.

#452355 - 11/03/13 03:20 PM Re: Hello with a smile of joy [Re: Harvey Dent]
Obi Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: kansas
welcome to ms.

if you do not have the book "victims no longer", by mike lew, I highly recommend picking up a copy.

congrats on your marriage...

my story

my vlog

#452364 - 11/03/13 04:59 PM Re: Hello with a smile of joy [Re: Harvey Dent]
Jude Offline

Loc: New England
Welcome Harvey,

This is a very exclusive club, we don't just let anybody in here. Just men like you..."struggling my way towards recovery". No more facing those demons alone. There are nearly 12,000 guys here who've got your back.

Be well,

Jude
Left here on my own or so it seems
I've got to leave before I start to scream
Joe Cocker

#452368 - 11/03/13 05:14 PM Re: Hello with a smile of joy [Re: Harvey Dent]
Suwanee Offline
Greeter
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Southeast USA
Welcome Harvey,

Yep…I echo the sentiment that I hate the reason you are any of us are part of this club. Like you, I carried a dark secret for years before I was able to truly face it and disclose to many on MS and a select few in person. Without the former, the latter would not have happened.

MS gave me the courage to seek counseling and to tell my wife…and healing continues. It's a continual process.

All the best.

Will

-Signs and traces left in stone
Ruins of a past unknown-

#452381 - 11/03/13 10:38 PM Re: Hello with a smile of joy [Re: Harvey Dent]
cant_remember Offline
MaleSurvivor

Welcome aboard, Harvey. Nice screen name.

Cant

#452391 - 11/04/13 03:47 AM Re: Hello with a smile of joy [Re: Harvey Dent]
victor-victim Offline

Loc: O Kanada
welcome to ms.org, mr.dent...
both of you.

War
Love
Poetry

#452409 - 11/04/13 08:05 AM Re: Hello with a smile of joy [Re: Harvey Dent]
Harvey Dent Offline

VV, you gave me a chill.

The symbolism is almost perfect....but I didn't choose the name TwoFace for a reason. Harvey Dent is only half of the character. The half who seeks rehabilitation.

To this point, my recovery has been through NLP, Zen Buddhism, and a perpetual self-improvement, and the work of God who keeps me in my darkest hour. TwoFace lacked a benevolent God, but instead had faith only in a malevolent fate.

My story: http://www.malesurvivor.org/board/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=452346#Post452346

Odds are that I am typing on my phone. Please excuse punctuation and spelling. Editing is a serious pain in the neck.

#452491 - 11/04/13 07:23 PM Re: Hello with a smile of joy [Re: Harvey Dent]
traveler Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: somewhere in Africa
Welcome, HD!
Originally Posted By: Harvey Dent
Although nothing written was directed to me, your words echoed across the barren half of my soul. Letting me know that I am not alone.

On the contrary - everything written here IS directed directly to YOU. that is why MS is here and why the public forums are open - to give access to everyone who needs these messages. and you have discovered one of the most precious truths already - you are NOT alone. you are a part of us - and you belong.
I am a newlywed (June 21 2013) who has a wonderful wife that knows all of my secrets & loves me unconditionally. She puts up with my destructive side and honestly confronts my pain. But being married has opened up a whole new can of worms that I had never dealt with before and am dealing with now.

great that you have a good and understanding and supportive wife. but yeah - that relationship also adds another level of complexity to recovery - because whatever you go through affects her too.
I am a a survivor of CSA who has never gone to counselling and has always faced his demons alone...struggling my way towards recovery.

you are no longer alone - there are over 12,000 others on this journey with you.

LEE
Now I know my life has meaning
Now I see myself as I am, feeling very free...
When my tears have come to an end I will understand
What I left behind: a part of me. Chicago

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.