Newest Members
flower, BusterJones, Desperateforhelp, aniceguy, Green_Lantern
12122 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
alan's marc (43), Opal (59)
Who's Online
4 registered (On The Fringe, 3 invisible), 47 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12122 Members
73 Forums
62531 Topics
438186 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#452200 - 11/02/13 01:51 AM Made To Soar- a Beginning
risingagain Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Vancouver, BC, Canada
I wanted to tell you about a project I am working on that I think you will find inspiring. I am setting out to tell the stories of survivors from a place of triumph, and to travel and help survivors live their dreams, while video-documenting the whole process.

Edited by ModTeam (11/05/13 06:32 AM)
Edit Reason: Offsite link removed, research requests need to go through proper channels.

#452270 - 11/02/13 06:57 PM Re: Made To Soar- a Beginning [Re: risingagain]
ThisMan Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: upper south
Holy Wow. I cried. Not certain why, but I did. I cried for the abuses you endured. I cried for the soaring you are doing. The years you waited to soar and the #13 uniform and the game...sorry you lost, Rising.

It encourages the rest of us to strive even harder to attain the dreams, big and small that have been put on hold for years and years. I am going too.

This is a beautiful, brilliant project for you to undertake. I would like to know more.

Edited by ThisMan (11/02/13 07:43 PM)
Edit Reason: to and too; hate it

#452272 - 11/02/13 07:14 PM ! [Re: risingagain]
Smalltown80sBoy Offline
MaleSurvivor

!

Edited by Smalltown80sBoy (02/28/14 10:24 PM)

#452337 - 11/03/13 12:33 PM Re: Made To Soar- a Beginning [Re: ThisMan]
risingagain Offline
MaleSurvivor

Originally Posted By: ThisMan
Holy Wow. I cried. Not certain why, but I did. I cried for the abuses you endured. I cried for the soaring you are doing. The years you waited to soar and the #13 uniform and the game...sorry you lost, Rising.

That's just it... I didn't lose! I won! Not only did I play in that game, I started the league... and organized two seasons... from the ground up. I knew nothing about football and had no football friends... and in a few short months I made it happen!

Isn't it awesome how we can change and grow to live our dreams? We can learn to see ourselves as a triumphant victor instead of a victim, a loser. It takes time, but it's possible!

Quote:
It encourages the rest of us to strive even harder to attain the dreams, big and small that have been put on hold for years and years. I am going too.

Now you have me excited about what you're dreaming!!!
Quote:
This is a beautiful, brilliant project for you to undertake. I would like to know more.

It's evolving quickly... I really want your guys' dreams and content to take center stage here...
smile

Thank you so much for your interest and enthusiasm... I'm rooting for your life and your dreams!!!

Edited by ModTeam (11/05/13 06:33 AM)
Edit Reason: Offsite link removed, research requests need to go through proper channels.

#452338 - 11/03/13 12:49 PM Re: Made To Soar- a Beginning [Re: Smalltown80sBoy]
risingagain Offline
MaleSurvivor

Originally Posted By: Smalltown80sBoy
Good job!

It helps to find productive outlets. Help others while helping ourselves.

I shared a link on Twitter.

Thanks Gary, you rock!!!

#452371 - 11/03/13 06:20 PM Re: Made To Soar- a Beginning [Re: risingagain]
toddop Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: California
Risingagain,

Again, I am really impressed by your very courageous and inspiring ability to put the real you out there and confront your issues head on. I think this is a fantastic idea and that you are on to something that has the potential to be immensely meaningful for other survivors as well as yourself.

I watched your video and I thought it was superb and very moving. I am glad you are living the life you want to and on your own terms. I have to admit that I am not quite there yet in terms of where you are with your recovery. I have some more work to do before I would feel able to be as removed from anonymity as you are. I will get there, but I have to be honest with myself and say I have more work to do before I am ready.

But, when I am ready to share my hopes and dreams, your site is going to be one of the first places I go to. I will add my dreams to the bucket list.

Until them, I will keep an eager eye on this project and idea as it grows. And I truly think that it will. It has just the right amount of know how and heart. Keep up the great work, and I will refer anyone I think could benefit from it to your site.

"Great spirits have often encountered violent opposition from weak minds."
-Albert Einstein

#452376 - 11/03/13 09:34 PM Re: Made To Soar- a Beginning [Re: risingagain]
ThisMan Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: upper south
Rising- I went to the site and I listed my dreams. It was empowering and it reminded me that they actually might come true. It is up to me. You did something REALLY GOOD by sharing your video. Thank you.
bill

#452392 - 11/04/13 04:00 AM Re: Made To Soar- a Beginning [Re: risingagain]
risingagain Offline
MaleSurvivor

Thanks Bill.. I came home from a long bike ride and saw your wonderful dreams on the front page! So nice to see!!! Lol, you even broke my form with the size of your dreams, so much richness in there it didn't quite fit!!! I had to put a 100 character limit on the bucket list submissions so they fit...

The 'submit your big dream' section now allows for fuller, richer post-style submissions with photos.... I'd love to have a few of those to feature in a gallery...

for now I'm gonna keep spreading the word and honoring those dreams of all of you! It is a joy for me to see your dreams... truly. It gives me hope.

Edited by risingagain (11/04/13 01:00 PM)

#452393 - 11/04/13 04:02 AM Re: Made To Soar- a Beginning [Re: risingagain]
risingagain Offline
MaleSurvivor

@toddop- Abuse affects us all in different ways and we are all where we need to be in our process... smile I really appreciate your honesty here about where you are and the work you have ahead of you... I have a lot of work ahead of me too. smile Let's stay in touch about this.

#452632 - 11/06/13 02:24 AM Re: Made To Soar- a Beginning [Re: risingagain]
risingagain Offline
MaleSurvivor

Not sure why but the mod team has removed the links to my project. Feeling sad about this... I'm not sure why they wouldn't want you all to visit and have a look at the empowering truth there...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.