Newest Members
Anony_mous, Drew6991x, Miro, jj843, The Abyss
12364 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Bear (42), BoyNoMore (56), Daniel_05 (40), James Landrith (44), john kay (41)
Who's Online
8 registered (BraveFalcon, gettingstronger, LN3(SS), Cthulhu, 3 invisible), 18 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12364 Members
74 Forums
63545 Topics
443980 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#451973 - 10/30/13 10:36 PM I made a list today
Frustrated Offline

I made a list today of the things I can remember about the sexual abuse and the abnormal sexual behavior I display. The list is very long and very bad. I know there are many more memories to come and the list will grow longer and more devastating. I am the type of person that I have to know everything that happened before I can even begin to move forward. My whole life has been hiding things and lies. The bad part is I can not talk to anyone about this or my life as I know it will end and will break the heart of my wife

#451976 - 10/30/13 10:51 PM Re: I made a list today [Re: Frustrated]
justplainme Offline

You should feel no shame in trying to be a better man, and making a list is ok, just think of it as a way of knowing where to do your repairs around the house, it is extremely difficult for other people to understand, but i think shame has so much to do with allowing crimes like these to happen, the rapist always uses shame to make the other feel dirty, imagine what it does to a child, and how rotten the other person must be. Feel proud that you have enough courage to look at what is wrong and do something about it.
That is why you have all of us here to talk and find support.

"Survivors need an opportunity to define their own sexuality in their own terms, rather than in reaction to the abuse, so that they stop allowing their offenders to have power over them sexually."

#451980 - 10/30/13 11:04 PM Re: I made a list today [Re: justplainme]
Frustrated Offline

I'm in over head I'm still moving backwards have to reach the bottom before I can start to climb. I have one memory that came to me that in a strange way made me laugh. When I was around 6 I remember my grandfather trying to drowned me in a pool I just about passed out when I pulled away I came up coughing up water and crying and he was laughing at me told me to get out

#451981 - 10/30/13 11:07 PM Re: I made a list today [Re: Frustrated]
justplainme Offline

That is horrible man, sick asshole. Can u imagine what the history in your family could be? I know its a go down to hell come to heaven kind of process, but whenever just come here and talk to all of us,we can help.

"Survivors need an opportunity to define their own sexuality in their own terms, rather than in reaction to the abuse, so that they stop allowing their offenders to have power over them sexually."

#451984 - 10/30/13 11:19 PM Re: I made a list today [Re: Frustrated]
Frustrated Offline

He was a mean old man and he hated me

#451988 - 10/31/13 12:03 AM Re: I made a list today [Re: Frustrated]
justplainme Offline

just imagine how strong you are, you have survived so much shit, you owe it to yourself to live happy.
Live well, it is the best revenge.

#451994 - 10/31/13 12:58 AM Re: I made a list today [Re: Frustrated]
Jude Offline

Loc: New England
Originally Posted By: Frustrated
I made a list today of the things I can remember about the sexual abuse and the abnormal sexual behavior I display. The list is very long and very bad....... My whole life has been hiding things and lies. The bad part is I can not talk to anyone about this or my life as I know it will end....
Hey Frustrated,

Making that list is a very good step in dealing with what happened to you, and how you have been affected. Bringing every bit of it into the light of day is whats needed to make it real and end the cycle of hiding from it and the lies.

I would not suggest sharing any of your sexual behavior with your wife. That won't help either of you. You don't need to share it with anyone if you don't want to. But if you are in therapy, that is one outlet. MS is another. And I will bet you that if you posted it here, the other guys here would line up with posts that say things like "yeah thats exactly what happened to me....yeah I felt exactly that way....yeah I did that too" You will see that your whole experience is very "normal" among CSA survivors.

When I got here someone said to me that "sexual abuse happens in secret, but healing happens out loud" I have found that to be true.

Be well,

Jude
But I won't back down.
Tom Petty

#452042 - 10/31/13 10:45 AM Re: I made a list today [Re: Frustrated]
Frustrated Offline

Hi Jude
Thanks for the words. Dealing with this for such a short time I know I have a long way to go it is difficult to share anything with any one but on here I am trying to open up. I hope it helps me

#452043 - 10/31/13 11:45 AM Re: I made a list today [Re: Frustrated]
Frustrated Offline

Hey Justplaneme
Thanks for the good words

#452107 - 10/31/13 10:28 PM Re: I made a list today [Re: Frustrated]
traveler Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: somewhere in Africa
Frustrated -

i think your list is a good idea. i am a list-maker, too.

when you are done with that list - i have a couple of others that helped me a lot:

1. list the LIES that you believe(d) about yourself and the abuse and the abuser and the world - because of how you were treated.

2. then list the TRUTHS that contradict and counteract and invalidate those lies.

my T suggested that i do this - it was difficult - especially the second one. but i was so glad that i did it. a major accomplishment to see it all on paper - i almost said in black & white. but i wrote it longhand - my T has a thing about that - says it is more effective in changing our brain's wiring. and i wrote it in black for the lies - and RED for the truths. i have not yet fully believed and accepted all of the truths - but am working on it and getting better.

maybe it would work for you too.

LEE
Now I know my life has meaning
Now I see myself as I am, feeling very free...
When my tears have come to an end I will understand
What I left behind: a part of me. Chicago

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.