Newest Members
tammy m, TheConqueror, Bloom, JohnWC, KKumar
12423 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
dphoenix1701 (37), jaywiz2009 (69), mato (57)
Who's Online
1 registered (1 invisible), 16 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12423 Members
74 Forums
63803 Topics
445536 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#451141 - 10/24/13 12:04 AM Re: I am not Alone [Re: Chris1974]
bluesky Offline
MaleSurvivor

Welcome Chris,
Like many of use we find this place after many years of pain and confusion so take it slow do what feels safe and right for you. Just by joining you broke the wall of silence shame and a sens of being all alone. Thanks for honoring us with your presence.

#451144 - 10/24/13 12:41 AM Re: I am not Alone [Re: Chris1974]
Jude Offline

Loc: New England
Welcome Chris,

Right off the bat, you've gotten one of the most important lessons in recovery: You are not alone. No more secrets. No more hiding. You will make it!

Jude
I get a little bit closer to feeling fine.
Sheryl Crow

#451687 - 10/29/13 10:33 AM Re: I am not Alone [Re: Chris1974]
CafeMan Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Chicago
Hi, Chris. It's been great chatting with you since you joined. When I first joined the site, the experience was very unknown to me with respect to posting, chatting in the lounge and the overall feelings associated being a member in this club which no one wants to join.

But the fact of the matter is, it happened. There is a sense of safety, community and fellowship in sharing what we all went through and continue to go through in our lives. In one way, the site has helped me fast track some of my issues to either full resolution or near resolution. Therefore, the site and the men here have been very good to me. I hope you find the experience as useful as I have!

-Nick

#451844 - 10/30/13 12:35 PM Re: I am not Alone [Re: Chris1974]
nomorevic Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: North Carolina
Hello Chris,

Not much that I can add to the previous comments. I am sorry for your pain but also glad you found your way here to Male Survivor.

Welcome and hope you find the support you deserve here.

Seth

#451904 - 10/30/13 07:22 PM Re: I am not Alone [Re: Chris1974]
gettingstronger Offline

Loc: Virginia
Hi Chris,

Welcome. Not much to add but we're all in the same boat and we're all here for one another. Feel free to share as you feel comfortable. Take care,

Bob

#451930 - 10/30/13 08:26 PM Re: I am not Alone [Re: Chris1974]
Bill61 Offline

Loc: Illinois
Welcome to MS Chris,
I like Banjo596 have been on this site for a short period of time. I thought that this could not help me, but in the long run it has helped me. I also went to a Weekend of Recovery Oct 18-20 which I had anxiety feelings that I don't want to go to. What an improvement, I met 25 other men who were also abused and learned ways to let go the pain. On the final day, each man spoke about what they were leaving and what they were taking with them. I left my past and taking to live moment to moment.

Bill61

"I am in charge of how I fell and I choose HAPPINESS" from The Law of Attraction.

#452580 - 11/05/13 05:02 PM Re: I am not Alone [Re: Chris1974]
nltsaved Offline

Loc: Kc,Mo
That is exactly how i felt after finding this place. The lie I told myself about being alone was shattered after coming here.
I have sense found lots of healing here . I hope you can to welcome
you are not alone never were
WRITTEN FORM
http://www.malesurvivor.org/board/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=339159#Post339159
Why i hate Religion but love Jesus
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1IAhDGYlpqY

#452757 - 11/07/13 08:21 AM Re: I am not Alone [Re: Chris1974]
nomorevic Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: North Carolina
Hello Chris and welcome to Male Survivor.

I am fairly new here myself but it has been a game changer for me.
Take your time, go at your own pace, and know that you will find support here. Best to you on your journey of healing.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  ModTeam, Publius, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.