Newest Members
squeekinby, rhyoung, Jefferson22, OxfordArms, Anony_mous
12368 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Avyi (49), cross29min (59), Dartel (50), ernie (70), flightmedic38 (40), jggab (42), kev (66)
Who's Online
2 registered (JW1230, 1 invisible), 21 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12368 Members
74 Forums
63565 Topics
444123 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#451773 - 10/29/13 09:53 PM Emotional/Psychological Abuse vs. Physical Abuse
Bill61 Offline

Loc: Illinois
Growing up with a mother who was a control freak, alcoholic and never like the men in our family. When my father would travel for business I would get a lot of the brunt where my two sisters got some but not like me. I asked my dad years before he died Dec 2009 if she was abused by her father. My older sister spoke with our aunt (mother's side) and found out that my mom and her dad were very close.

Who can I talk with bout finding out if there was any physical abuse that I inquired from my mom? I met with my therapist today to talk with her about this (same person who helped me pull the priest abuse from my subconscious).

Please give me your opinions.

Bill61

"I am in charge of how I fell and I choose HAPPINESS" from The Law of Attraction.

#452020 - 10/31/13 07:27 AM Re: Emotional/Psychological Abuse vs. Physical Abuse [Re: Bill61]
concerned_husky Offline
MaleSurvivor

Bill,

Sorry for getting back to your thread a bit late. I'm not sure I can be of much help as I don't know the details of your family dynamics yet, but I just wanted to mention that sometimes, abusers hold very idealized images of their own abusers/abuse, and will go great lengths to maintain them. I would take what's been said about your mother's relationship with her father with a pinch of salt. I wish you luck in finding more information.

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.