Newest Members
DT, kk90, Austintexan, Cancan, LS
12257 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Blank (36), christx (41), Heartonfire (38), Nathan LaChine (31)
Who's Online
7 registered (JayBro, CafeMan, Jacob S, DT, Austintexan, 1 invisible), 23 Guests and 6 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12257 Members
73 Forums
63124 Topics
441426 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#45173 - 06/25/03 04:46 PM Ok ENOUGH!
MrDon Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Deltona, FL
I've had several things hit me lately from some stuff regarding my website I have, to events that have happened at work to a lot of little things that seem at the time to be big things.

I would love to just sit down, relax and do nothing but it is kind of hard with being in school and working. STudying for tests, writing a term paper and doing student clinic just doesn't leave much resources for me at the end of the day.

I don't get enough hours to sleep because I don't get home until 11:30pm and the sleep I do get is not that great any more (too many things on my mind).

Events at work that have taken place this week have really pushed me beyond the limits. I've even gotten to the point where I've screamed a few obscenities at some people which is not good. I'm wondering how much more of this place I can take and finish school. The answer is probably already known to me, but it is scary thinking of that.

They have told us in school that until it is over, you basicaly don't have a life and that is so true. It consumes every bit of your life that you have. Only two more months... feels like a very long time right now with a lot of study time and work to complete.

Feel like I am not giving what I need to my personal relationships or even myself. You could say I'm feeling like my tank is running on Empty and yet, I've got another 1000 miles to go.

Not sure why I'm writing this. Just struggling right now pretty hard to make it through all of this. STruggling with knowing or making the tough decision that I think I have to make with respect to continuing to work or saying enough. If the economy was better, it would make that decision a little easier.

And kind of hurting in major ways from what happened around my site closing and a friend I thought I had.

Somehow I've got to get myself turned back around and going all in the same direction. Otherwise, I'm going to be a million pieces scattered for miles. I'm just not sure I know where to find the glue to hold myself together at this point.

Don

The Mind Body Thoughts Blog
http://mindbodythoughts.blogspot.com/

Check out my relaxing piano music from the heart!
http://www.donshetterly.com

#45174 - 06/25/03 05:00 PM Re: Ok ENOUGH!
godsrabbit Offline

hello don....

i am sorry about your frustration and the loss of your friend...i do not know what else to say except that i am listening...

#45175 - 06/25/03 05:39 PM Re: Ok ENOUGH!
Mike Church Offline
Moderator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor
Loc: Toronto, Canada
Don:

Quote:
Somehow I've got to get myself turned back around and going all in the same direction. Otherwise, I'm going to be a million pieces scattered for miles. I'm just not sure I know where to find the glue to hold myself together at this point.
Don the glue is here and it is yours to use. It is a bottomless pot. Two months. It is like a grain of sand in time. Just tackle it one day at a time.

When you feel like screaming at someone get up and go for a walk to cool down. This is not forever although at times it might feel like it is.

To help you sleep you might try some physical activity of some sort.

Just a few suggestions

IT REALLY IS OK TO STUMBLE. NONE OF US ARE PERFECT.

#45176 - 06/25/03 06:02 PM Re: Ok ENOUGH!
Lloydy Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor
Loc: England Shropshire
Don
you've been well glued together for a good while now, your support for us all here shows it.

Many of us spread ourselves far to thinly and try to do everything life throws at us, and then some....
I'm in the same position and realise I have to make some difficult choices, that's the way life works I guess.

Try to be the optimist, and look at your glass being half full, make some time to walk in the park- don't think about it, DO IT !

One thing I know for certain is that we couldn't have coped with a fraction of what we do now before we started our recoveries, I know that I never dreamed of the busy life I now live, and I would have never coped with it.
The trouble is we get fired up with enthusiasm and take on the world, we have to make a start in our own back yards and progress to that Don.

You're a long way ahead of 'your back yard' though, but the 'world' is in your sights, take a bit of time for YOU, and you'll make it.

Dave

#45177 - 06/25/03 06:13 PM Re: Ok ENOUGH!
outis Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Maryland USA
Quote:
Many of us spread ourselves far to thinly and try to do everything life throws at us, and then some....
Don,

Dave makes a lot of sense, doesn't he?

You are on a very strenuous track. I don't know any details about your friend, but it doesn't sound like the friend was supportive when you needed it. So that just makes your road a little harder. Missing sleep won't help, either.

Maybe you do need to force yourself to schedule some down time, just to relax. Put it into your schedule and stick to it. A lot of times I have found that when I take some time I didn't think I had for something refreshing, I actually get refreshed! Gosh, aren't I the profound one today. \:\)

Seriously, coming back from a rest, even a little break (I walk in a small wooded area nearby at lunch some days) makes a world of difference in how I see things, and how much they get to me. Maybe something like that will work for you, too.

And you can always come here.

TTYL,

Joe

#45178 - 06/25/03 08:04 PM Re: Ok ENOUGH!
Marc Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Tucson, AZ
Don,

One day Mommy Carrot and Baby Carrot went for a walk in the woods when they came across this road.

Deciding to continue beyond the road, Mommy Carrot walked first and got to the other side but unfortunately Baby Carrot was hit by a car.

They rushed him to the hospital where he was in surgery for about six and a half hours when finally, the doctor came out and said in his softest voice, "Mrs. Carrot, I have some good news for you and I have some bad news for you. Which do you want first?"

Mrs. Carrot thought a moment and then offered, "Well doctor, give me the good news first".

The doctor said...

"The good news is, Baby Carrot is going to live!"

"The bad news is, he'll be a vegetable for the rest of his life."

\:D

Thought you could use a smile!

P.S. You will note that the banana is back!

#45179 - 06/26/03 11:34 AM Re: Ok ENOUGH!
MrDon Offline
MaleSurvivor

Thanks everyone for the support and the laughs...

It is a tough time right now and somehow I will get through it all. Next week we have no classes but I still have to work. So it will feel good (even though I have to work on my term paper).

This has just been one of the strangest weeks for me at work and it hasn't quite slowed down yet on the crap that is going on. But oh well.

At least we did do massage on each other in class last night and we will be working on each other again tonight... that helps me deal with all of this stuff so much.

Don

#45180 - 06/26/03 04:28 PM Re: Ok ENOUGH!
Wuamei Offline

Loc: The left turn I should have ta...
Don,

Sorry for all you're going thru now my friend. Friends are a rare commodity and it's sad you seem to have lost one.

Did I understand that you've had to close your website? That must be tough. But you know you've got a place and friends here.

TC & TTYL

Victor

#45181 - 06/26/03 04:53 PM Re: Ok ENOUGH!
MrDon Offline
MaleSurvivor

Victor,
and I am glad I am part of this site. It seems stable and the little things that can tear places apart seem to be monitored closely here. That is a good thing from my experience.

Yes, tough to close the site but as one good friend of mine assured me that maybe there would be many good things to follow and she is probably right.

Don

#45182 - 06/28/03 05:55 PM Re: Ok ENOUGH!
Leosha Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Right here
I am sorry things are so hard at you right now. I remember as I am in school, how hard it is to stay up with it all and do other things in life also, near impossible. Glad that you will have some freer time ahead. I am sorry that you lose a friend. I know that can be very hard. But it depends on why that person is lost. Perhaps in some ways, it is a better thing that they are gone from your life, even if you do not see that now. I hope that you do better soon, and I wish you well.

"Human salvation lies in the hands of the creatively maladjusted."~~~Martin Luther King Jr., 1963

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.