Newest Members
Drew6991x, Miro, jj843, The Abyss, JW1230
12363 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
40035 (55), Brayton (60), DavidJ (65), Grout (29), JJM33 (43), RockyMtJoe (66)
Who's Online
1 registered (1 invisible), 22 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12363 Members
74 Forums
63536 Topics
443896 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#451684 - 10/29/13 10:19 AM the rock
newground Offline
Chatroom Moderator
MaleSurvivor
Loc: michigan
to those of you who have not been able to attend a WoR this may seem strange but we did a kind of ceremony there that involved finding a stone to take with you and in the final small group the stones are passed among the members who affirm one another and give the stone a special significance. I didn't really realize the power of that until last night when it called to me in my fear

The rock
I saw it today, last night actually. Such a small thing but such power! I was Angry, terrified, so much anxiety what the hell am I supposed to do with this! And then there it was, there on the dresser where it has sat alongside its partner. For that last several months. It is a simple thing, symbolic to be sure. But it is there as a reminder to me that I am something more. It shines like a diamond. When I first saw it I was a kid finding treasure for my treasure box. I put it in my pocket before anyone could see in case they might want it for theirs. I held that stone and rubbed away the dirt knowing that it would have a place in my room, and a little afraid that my wife might not understand. When I was alone I looked at my treasure. It was beautiful and I thought about how God made something so amazing that we never really see. It is hidden as a rule, and for perhaps thousands of years it laid in wait. Deep within the earth then less, and less still, until on that day He gave it to me… a gift. On a weekend, and hundreds of miles from my home it laid there waiting, shinning, like a Christmas bow even in the drizzle calling to me. It is perfect for its purpose it is strong, clear though stained slightly by the soil, rough along its edge to hold it, and seems it might cut. Cold as Ice, but once held it warms seeming to radiate warmth. It… is a survivor. Later as I sat in a room and passed my stone among brothers its symbolism became all the more significant. One by one they passed my stone affirming my pain, acknowledging my strength, offering their support to me in ways that few can. And in those moments another gift was imbued in this treasure. I hold it now not knowing how I may handle this current crisis, unsure of my ability to even get through it, and yet this gift, this stone, reminds me of what I HAVE done. It tells me I am NOT alone. And perhaps, just maybe I am not helpless anymore, I do have a voice. And that…is hope.

Edited by newground (10/29/13 10:19 AM)
Towards thee I roll, thou all-destroying but unconquering whale; to the last I grapple with thee; from hell's heart I stab at thee; for hate's sake I spit my last breath at thee. let me then tow to pieces, while still chasing thee, thou damned whale! Thus, I give up the spear!"
Herman Melville

#452693 - 11/06/13 02:48 PM Re: the rock [Re: newground]
kasper Offline

i enjoyed this a lot-- and i think it's because you described your experience with such an incredible depth of perception and emotion. i feel the awe and the mystery of how significant and symbolic the stone is to you. awesome. what an amazing realization. glad you shared~

Moderator:  ModTeam, Publius 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.