Newest Members
jmr2191, autumn, tammy m, TheConqueror, Bloom
12425 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
dphoenix1701 (37), jaywiz2009 (69), mato (57)
Who's Online
3 registered (wiresguy1, 2 invisible), 30 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12425 Members
74 Forums
63805 Topics
445545 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#451525 - 10/28/13 07:21 AM Re: Protecting Innocence [Re: peroperic2009]
victor-victim Offline

Loc: O Kanada
'We are dealing with a situation where we have an unpleasant and uncomfortable proportion of our population who somehow seem to think this is OK.’

Peter Saunders, of the National Association of People Abused in Childhood, said: ‘These are difficult crimes to prosecute and we’ve got to wake up to what we are letting happen to our children.

‘The culture has to change – all the agencies are failing our children and we need a Government that says enough is enough.’

National Association of People Abused in Childhood
http://www.napac.org.uk/

War
Love
Poetry

#451530 - 10/28/13 07:43 AM Re: Protecting Innocence [Re: victor-victim]
victor-victim Offline

The Leadership Council on Child Abuse & Interpersonal Violence

http://www.leadershipcouncil.org/

What Is The Leadership Council?

'The Leadership Council on Child Abuse & Interpersonal Violence (formerly the Leadership Council on Mental Health, Justice, and the Media) was founded in 1998 by professionals concerned with the treatment of victims of trauma, both in professional circles and by the legal system.'

'We are a nonprofit independent scientific organization composed of respected scientists, clinicians, educators, legal scholars, and public policy analysts. Our mission is to promote the ethical application of psychological science to human welfare. We are committed to providing the public with accurate, research-based information about a variety of mental health issues and to preserving society's commitment to protect its most vulnerable members.'

Our mission is to promote the ethical application of psychological science to human welfare. We are committed to providing professionals and laypersons with accurate, research-based information about a variety of mental health issues and to preserving society's commitment to protect its most vulnerable members.

Goals
*To develop a coalition among professionals within the scientific community, the legal system, the political system and the media to provide professionals and laypersons with accurate information about mental health practice and research which helps insure access to the highest quality of care.
*To promote healing for trauma victims and their families.
*To promote and disseminate high quality scientific and medical research concerning the prevalence and consequences of child abuse and other forms of interpersonal violence in the general population.
*To promote public awareness of effective treatment for the psychological and physiological after-effects of interpersonal violence and other traumatic experiences in children and adults.
*To provide officers of the court, the media, and public policy-makers with the latest scientific information on issues which may affect the public health and the safety of society's most vulnerable members, including children and those suffering from mental disorders.
*To correct misinformation on psychological science used to serve vested interests or used as evidence in important cases affecting legal rights related to mental health issues.
*To improve coordination among professionals, develop guidelines, encourage research, further interdisciplinary professional education, and provide guidance, support, and encouragement for professionals in the field of traumatic studies.

War
Love
Poetry

#451531 - 10/28/13 07:56 AM Re: Protecting Innocence [Re: Still]
tbkkfile Offline

Loc: Surrey, United Kingdom
Over here in the UK there is no legal requirement on anyone working with minors in England (Wales or Scotland) to report allegations or known abuse of a child, including rape, to either the Local Authority Designated Officer (LADO) or the police.

Guidelines yes, but mandatory no.

http://www.change.org/en-GB/organisations/hadley_residents_association

#451533 - 10/28/13 08:33 AM Re: Protecting Innocence [Re: Still]
Still Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Terminus
Unless an org holds or hires lobbyists, it is not affecting, nor trying to affect, any legislative nor regulatory change...and i am not talking about fund-raising efforts. Such 'human rights" lobbies only seem to exist for other nations and look at the capital that we cascade upon them! Do we (the USA) cascade even a fraction of what we send to Rwanda upon CSA causes? No, as we have no lobby.

Money designs and moves legislation and government funding...good intentions do not...they certainly are not born from 'nice causes.'

We actually have countless 501 c3s for CSA in this nation. I don't know of any retained lobbyist for our "industry."

The Aftermath Video

My Absolute Hero!

#451605 - 10/28/13 06:05 PM Re: Protecting Innocence [Re: Still]
Still Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Terminus
From Penn State News:

The university says the settlements will be funded in part by various liability insurance policies. Officials said they will not be paid for by student tuition, taxpayer funds or donations.

One example of Insurance Companies needing affect yet another societal shift as they did with drunk driving.

And one example of the politics involved with public tuition, taxes and donations. Nothing in the academic world is more political and competitive that private donations (aka "development)

The Aftermath Video

My Absolute Hero!

#451651 - 10/28/13 10:31 PM Re: Protecting Innocence [Re: Still]
victor-victim Offline

i have seen people overcome impossible odds when profit or paycheque is at risk, but is extremely difficult to accomplish anything with only uncompensated commitments.
apparently, even the health, welfare and safety of children is not enough motivation to move legislative mountains.
without public pressure and political pull nothing can change.
a long overdue and much anticipated shift in social consciousness must first occur.

when that may happen is anybody's guess.

War
Love
Poetry

#451672 - 10/29/13 01:29 AM Re: Protecting Innocence [Re: Still]
risingagain Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Vancouver, BC, Canada
It happens when I commit to ending my own silent suffering, learning to move through my shame and fear, tell my story, and live as the great person that I am... to shine victorious! And to help others to do the same.

It begins with me.
And it begins with you.
The greatness is there, it just needs to be uncovered beneath the pain.
That is all I can do.
That is enough.

#452465 - 11/04/13 04:43 PM Re: Protecting Innocence [Re: Still]
victor-victim Offline

found some activists on line.

The Expert Group for Cooperation on Children at Risk

The Expert Group for Cooperation on Children at Risk, EGCC, is a group of senior officials from the ministries responsible for children’s issues in the member countries to the CBSS and the European Commission.

Member countries are: Denmark, Estonia, Finland, Germany, Iceland, Latvia, Lithuania, Norway, Poland, Russia and Sweden.

http://www.childcentre.info/12481/
http://www.childcentre.info/

War
Love
Poetry

#452468 - 11/04/13 04:55 PM Re: Protecting Innocence [Re: Still]
victor-victim Offline

and another activist group I found on line.

Stop it Now! UK and Ireland is a child sexual abuse prevention campaign. They support adults to play their part in prevention through providing sound information, educating members of the public, training those who work with children and families and running a free phone confidential Helpline.

"We believe that child sexual abuse is preventable, not inevitable."

http://www.stopitnow.org.uk/
http://www.lucyfaithfull.org.uk/the_campaign.htm

War
Love
Poetry

#452469 - 11/04/13 05:13 PM Re: Protecting Innocence [Re: victor-victim]
victor-victim Offline

more activism.

Action Pour Les Enfants
http://www.aplecambodia.org/
http://www.aplefrance.fr/

Vision

Freedom from sexual abuse and exploitation for all children.

Mission

To reduce all forms of child sexual abuse and exploitation through prevention, protection, promotion of prosecution and advocacy.

Goal

To prevent the sexual abuse and exploitation through awareness, education, capacity building and dissemination.

To protect child victims of sexual abuse and exploitation through provision of social as well as psychological support, and pro-bono legal assistance.

To promote prosecution of all offenders by closely collaborating with law enforcements to investigate and prosecute any person who commits sexual crimes against children to legal accountability.

APLE implements all activities necessary to fulfill the achievement of its vision and mission statement.

Core Value

APLE believes in Independence, Professionalism, Confidentiality and Collaboration.

Prevention

In an effort to prevent child sexual abuse and exploitation, APLE reaches out to vulnerable communities, governmental authorities and the general public to raise awareness. APLE also conducts training and operates a national hotline for the general public to report suspected abuse and exploitation.

Protection

APLE’s protection approach is threefold. First, APLE sends investigators to observe and collect available evidence so as to assist local and foreign police in their criminal investigations for prosecution. Second, APLE’s social workers arrive on the scene to offer counseling to the victim. The social team also coordinates assistance in the form of food, clothing, school material, vocational training and shelter referral if needed or desired. Third, APLE provides pro-bono legal counseling, representation and assistance to victims and their families.

Prosecution

APLE believes that all perpetrators should be held accountable legally for their crimes against children. By providing victims with legal representation and supervising the legal proceedings, APLE labors to see the end of child sex abuse and exploitation.

War
Love
Poetry

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.