Newest Members
JohnWC, KKumar, J44, Anura, reynel5
12420 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
almostdonew/life (39), barelysurviving (45), bigbob20 (69), billyp (65), Shawv (70), TheTwoOfUs (43)
Who's Online
2 registered (tbkkfile, MissesMe), 34 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12420 Members
74 Forums
63772 Topics
445343 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#451437 - 10/27/13 12:41 PM A Thought For The Day - The Starfish Story
BraveFalcon Offline
Greeter
MaleSurvivor

Loc: The ATL

One of the office buildings I work in has this little story posted on the wall. The first time I read it, it almost brought tears to my eyes. After that I knew I had to try to find it on the internet so I could share it here. I really love the moral of this story and I think it very much applies to the spirit of this forum. I hope you guys will take a second to read it......

#451444 - 10/27/13 02:26 PM Re: A Thought For The Day - The Starfish Story [Re: BraveFalcon]
concerned_husky Offline
MaleSurvivor

smile

#451487 - 10/27/13 10:01 PM Re: A Thought For The Day - The Starfish Story [Re: BraveFalcon]
ThisMan Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: upper south
I read it. Sometimes it feels the sun just burns so painfully bright...'til someone, or something, or even ourselves throw us back into the surf to survive until yet another time.. .thanks, Ken. You probably have no idea how many times you have thrown me, and others, back in to survive until yet another day, making that difference with your words and wisdom. You're a good man, guy.

#451497 - 10/27/13 11:02 PM Re: A Thought For The Day - The Starfish Story [Re: BraveFalcon]
Bluedogone Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Southeast US
BraveFalcon,

Thanks so much for posting this. I don't know yet why this got to me so profoundly, but the tears just wouldn't seem to stop. Which I guess is a good thing sometime.

It just struck me that there's such a huge sea of stuff to deal with, that's almost too overwhelming to handle. And all we can do is "one at a time." But, it's one more thing that's not going to get washed ashore and left.

#451572 - 10/28/13 01:26 PM Re: A Thought For The Day - The Starfish Story [Re: BraveFalcon]
BuffaloCO Offline

Loc: USA
Thank you, I like this a lot, and I think we can make a difference one life at a time by trying to help others. smile

#451574 - 10/28/13 01:35 PM Re: A Thought For The Day - The Starfish Story [Re: BraveFalcon]
Suwanee Offline
Greeter
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Southeast USA
Always try to pay it forward whether you're the boy or the starfish since the roles can and do switch.

Will

-Signs and traces left in stone
Ruins of a past unknown-

#451633 - 10/28/13 08:27 PM Re: A Thought For The Day - The Starfish Story [Re: ThisMan]
BraveFalcon Offline
Greeter
MaleSurvivor

Loc: The ATL

Hi guys. Glad ya'll liked the story, grin

Originally Posted By: ThisMan
I read it. Sometimes it feels the sun just burns so painfully bright...'til someone, or something, or even ourselves throw us back into the surf to survive until yet another time.. .thanks, Ken. You probably have no idea how many times you have thrown me, and others, back in to survive until yet another day, making that difference with your words and wisdom. You're a good man, guy.

Hi Bill. Wow man, it really means a lot to me that you'd say that. I appreciate it and the same to you. Peace,

Ken

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.