Newest Members
ShinTensei, jaklumen, Bennett, 0128, jeremywickers
12505 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Drea (31), gpdno (47), serb guy (49), Thomas8221 (60), UncleClover (43)
Who's Online
1 registered (tbkkfile), 13 Guests and 6 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12505 Members
74 Forums
64194 Topics
447976 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#45159 - 08/09/02 02:22 AM Re: afraid to say hello
Ross Offline

Loc: Vancouver, BC Canada
Hi Roy:

Thanks for having the courage to share openly. There is no issue regarding sexual orientation here as far as I am concerned many of us are gay and many of us are not, I dare say many may go back and forth or hoover in the middle, the reality is that we share the bond of being surviviors. You are welcome, feel free to come on in. Just to reassure you I am not gay but I totally accept you as a member of our group so don't worry. Contrary to stereotypes gay men do not become pedophiles based on their sexual orientation. Pedophiles are criminally disordered individuals with both genders being victimized. As a straight man and a social service worker it really pisses me off to see any one attacked for their sexual orientation and labeled as a predator when they are not. There are many types of men on these boards and I am sure you will be able to find lots of support from all of the membership regardless of their sexual orientation. I have found great support here from a wide variety of fellow surviviors. Take your coat off and stay awhile( hamy comment #1 ha ha!)

Sincerely

Ross

#45160 - 08/09/02 07:54 AM Re: afraid to say hello
arghilles Offline

Loc: Stockholm, Sweden
Hello Roy!

My name is Erik and I am a Swedish guy, perhaps the only one in this group, don't know.
Anyway, I have joined this group cause I desperately need lots of support and people to write to who have similar experiences and who are dealing with problems like mine. I have understood that my reactions are quite normal. This is a very big help. How have I understood that? The answer is there are many others feeling the same way.

I have always been the guy standing on the sideline, or behind the fence, observing others living the life I cannot take part of, or dare not. There is so much shame, distrust, and fear and problems concerning who I am and who I am not.

My father molested me and he screwed up my world.
I am not gay, and yes I admit I am scared of gay men. I still need to handle them in my mind.
However, my point is, that I am not judgemental. And my reason, ratio, tells me that gay people are not perps. I know that. My dad was not gay, he was a pedophile, that is an enormous difference.

I hope you will get help here.
Take care,

/ Erik

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.