Newest Members
JHNebraska, mike42069, JACKL, Personman, SiegmundNYC
12490 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
kb8715 (114), rom2057 (57), terrapin (51)
Who's Online
2 registered (Seekingwisdom, myrlin), 27 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12490 Members
74 Forums
64158 Topics
447685 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#45141 - 12/16/03 11:02 AM Re: Surgery
Marcs friend Offline

Loc: Maine
you're very welcome for the turkey, you turkey! even if it did set off the smoke detector HOW MANY TIMES?????

You know how glad I am that you are feeling better - after all the other stuff you have overcome, this one will be a piece of (sugar-free, low-carb) cake for you.

Thanks to everyone for all the prayers and thoughts directed toward you Monday and every day. You ARE a good person and are worthy of unconditional love and respect. all the time. no matter what.

hang in there Marc - there can't be an unlimted source of fire-breathing dragons heading for you - and you will slay and conquer, master or control them, whichever you deem appropriate. and you will emerge the victor. lya

#45142 - 12/16/03 01:04 PM Re: Surgery
orodo Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Imladris, The Safe Haven of Ar...
well here i am. alive. still in pain. slept at mom n dads last night. woke up at midnite took more pain med, up again at 4am, could not sleep. finished up some laundry, packed up my stuff and had dad take me back to the apt, where i can hopefully speed up this recovery. somehow the surgery wasn't so bad. no foley at all, and they put in the endo trach tube after i was out, and removed it before i was awake. my bp was 167 / 90 when i first got there. pulse was 110. i was able to get self back down to 130 over 86 and 80 pulse before they took me down to OR. in the pre-op area, got some atavan, then down to OR. gassed me. I was told to count down from 10, couldn't do it. started prayin hail Mary. got through three of them before they got me down. woke up in recovery room, somehow have some memories of what happened....remember them flopping me off the stretcher onto my stomach, remember them using this vice type device to hold my head in place....three screws, i have the bruises and scabs on my head to prove it...plus the blood stains in my hair. neck muscles really sore, still got the numbness, the muscle twitching and some shoulder blade pain, even though i'm on oxycodone, a steroid, and a muscle relaxer, and have been icing the incision every hour. sitting or standing is the best position for me right now, but can't sit still. really wanna get stuff done, but we got another foot of snow on the ground, and I'm not able to drive, plus dad's got my car at his place for now.

thanks for all your positive energy, prayers and thoughts. They continue to help me cope. Someday i'll look back at this and say "gee, why was I such a wussy, it was nothing." maybe maybe not. Only time will tell.

It is better to be Dragon Master than Dragon Slayer. Some Dragons are meant to be mastered, others meant to be slain. Odin, Great Spirit, God, grant me the wisdom to know the difference. "May the Valar guide and bless you on your path under the sky"

#45143 - 12/16/03 09:47 PM Re: Surgery
The Dean Offline
Moderator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor
Loc: Milwaukee, WI
Marc, having surgery is never: "nothing." It is sure better today, but the worry is normal. You will do fine because you will force yourself to do what you know you have to do.

Wish I were closer and could visti you and have a good meal with you as we talk through some hours.

Peace be with you.

Bob

#45144 - 12/16/03 11:46 PM .
Anonymous
Unregistered

#45145 - 12/17/03 12:09 PM Re: Surgery
outis Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Maryland USA
Marc,

I have not been to a MaleSurvivor retreat yet, but I did get to the conference in September. In the pre conference workshop with Mike Lew, I picked up some very good advice that I'd like to pass to while you recover.

"Take exquisite care of yourself."

Joe

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.