Newest Members
JayNL, Robert Barrett, lostsoul824, beatcook, MassGuy
12279 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
melnjams (42), rage (27)
Who's Online
2 registered (sentry, 1 invisible), 32 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12279 Members
73 Forums
63188 Topics
441841 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#451346 - 10/26/13 01:59 PM The missed red flags in Carlsbad, CA---TRIGGERS
Suwanee Offline
Greeter
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Southeast USA
http://web.utsandiego.com/news/2013/oct/26/army-navy-sex-scandal/

Jeff Barton

This guy was all but caught in 1993. Accused of fondling a boy at another school, he was immediately suspended, police and child protective services were notified. The criminal case evaporated when the student and his parents ultimately decided not to press charges. The school still fired his ass.

That's when this lowlife turned around and sued the school for wrongful termination since there was no proof of the allegation. The school settled by agreeing to respond "no comment" when asked by a future employer under threat of a defamation or character/libel suit. Still, "no comment" is a very damning thing to say and should preclude hiring the creep.

But there's more...the guy conveniently left the former school off of his résumé. He surfaced two years later at this school in California and apparently nobody made him explain the resume gap. Of course he reappeared in a place like California---far from the established world of east coast boarding schools. His future in that world was over.

So...this is a horrible thing. Relying exclusively on the legal system is useless when a known victim doesn't press charges and those who can refuse to fully investigate a suspicious resume. As we all know, boys are much less likely to come forward at all so evil flourishes as the perps exploit the system. They know the pain and use it for their own sick interests.

End rant.

Will

http://web.utsandiego.com/news/2013/oct/26/army-navy-sex-scandal/

-Signs and traces left in stone
Ruins of a past unknown-

#451351 - 10/26/13 02:33 PM Re: The missed red flags in Carlsbad, CA---TRIGGERS [Re: Suwanee]
pufferfish Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: USA

Edited by pufferfish (10/26/13 11:52 PM)

Moderator:  Chase Eric, ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.