Newest Members
Stormchaser, johnnyc717, bluebook, Roscoe, SJC
12314 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
blueturtle (46), David C (40), DavidC (40), Derdlecar (61), Hector (54)
Who's Online
3 registered (Obi, Shyshark, 1 invisible), 25 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12314 Members
74 Forums
63366 Topics
443089 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4
Topic Options
#451314 - 10/26/13 01:44 AM Re: Pet Peeves [Re: Jude]
Jude Offline

Loc: New England
More Aging Rock stars..

Deborah Harry-Blondie

Kieth Richards-The Rolling Stones

Ozzie Osbourne

Neil Young

Grace Slick

Elton John
You've got to roll with the punches to get to what's real"
Van Halen

#451326 - 10/26/13 09:52 AM Re: Pet Peeves [Re: unlucky skin]
BraveFalcon Offline
Greeter
MaleSurvivor

Loc: The ATL
Originally Posted By: unlucky skin

- rude customers

I worked in food service, (mostly pizza delivery), for about 13 years, so I know all about this. There is no limit to the level of nastiness people will show a delivery person or a waiter when things with their order don't go just perfectly. As if they never make mistakes and/or things always go smoothly at their job.

When dealing with such people, there are always two thoughts in your head. One, your brain coming up with the words that you need to tell them and sound professional. Two, your brain thinking up what you want to say to them.

The last delivery job I had was at a wing and burger place near where I live. One of my favorite such experiences there was a delivery to a customer at an office building who I had to call with my cell phone because the place was hard to find. At this point, it had been 45 minutes since she placed her order and, according to her, she had been quoted a 30 minute delivery time. That wasn't my fault though. We had just gotten busier than expected. When I spoke to her, she bitched me out on the phone about the amount of time it was taking and said, "If my fries are not hot, we are going to have SERIOUS PROBLEMS!!!!"

Yeah, "serious problems."

What I told her, "I'm sorry ma'am. I'm almost there. If your fries are not hot enough for you, we can either send you out a free order or give you a credit for the next time you order"

What I wanted to tell her, "I'm sorry ma'am. Your fries not being as hot as you'd like them is not a 'serious problem'. Having a doctor tell you, 'your child has cancer', is a serious problem. Having a man in a black robe tell you, 'I sentence you to ten years in federal prison', is a serious problem. Living in a third world country and not having any food to eat in the first place is a serious problem. If you think your lukewarm fries are a "serious problem", you should pretty much take them and shove them up your ass, you obnoxious STUPID FUCKING COW!!!!!"

I think we wound up giving the bitch some free french fries and no, she didn't tip me. Peace,

Ken

Edited by BraveFalcon (10/26/13 09:54 AM)

#451344 - 10/26/13 01:35 PM Re: Pet Peeves [Re: BraveFalcon]
unlucky skin Offline

Originally Posted By: BraveFalcon

I'm always amazed when I hear stories about that level of melodrama regarding food. Even though I've seen and experienced it, it's almost surreal how ugly people become. I've primarily worked food service since high school, I have dozens of really hilarious stories about the people who turn in to shitty, terrible monsters when it comes to their caloric intake.

But it's not even the huge outbursts that get to me. Those can be funny due to how absolutely ridiculous they are. The more subtle dicks, especially the regulars of which there are a few at my current place, who just want to take the shit out of you because the service you offer isn't worthy enough of any respect, are what really get to me haha.

Because I have to work five days a week and I know it's likely I'm going to run in to this one specific old fart who nitpicks anything he sees me or one of the waitresses do, and we don't have any way to tell him to suck it because he's a paying customer. One of the girls came in the back once crying because of some really rude shit he said to her, we were really busy and she kept forgetting to bring some coffee to his table while she was rushing around doing a dozen other things. He got up while she was taking someone else's order and interrupted her to berate her and call her something like a fat, dumb bitch. What's worse was our manager came out and apologized to him and comped his coffee so you know he thought he was right in upsetting the waitress that badly.

Same guy has also wandered back in to the kitchen area to tell cooks to hurry up, which was way beyond my comprehension. He just has this need to intimidate and harass everyone at his "favorite restaurant", but at least he tips I guess.

#452118 - 10/31/13 11:48 PM Re: Pet Peeves [Re: Jude]
Jude Offline

Loc: New England
Body Piercings, especially....down there!
Facial Piercings
Tattoos on wrinkled skin
Men's beards with food in them
Ear hair in men
Nose hair in men
Facial hair on women
Shaved pubic hair, either gender
You've got to roll with the punches to get to what's real"
Van Halen

#452191 - 11/02/13 12:17 AM Re: Pet Peeves [Re: Jude]
Rich918 Offline

I find it extremely difficult to believe there are actually people who get into the shower and THEN turn on the water.

#452196 - 11/02/13 01:11 AM Re: Pet Peeves [Re: BraveFalcon]
pufferfish Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: USA
Originally Posted By: BraveFalcon
Originally Posted By: unlucky skin

- rude customers

I worked in food service, (mostly pizza delivery), for about 13 years, so I know all about this. There is no limit to the level of nastiness people will show a delivery person or a waiter when things with their order don't go just perfectly. As if they never make mistakes and/or things always go smoothly at their job.

When dealing with such people, there are always two thoughts in your head. One, your brain coming up with the words that you need to tell them and sound professional. Two, your brain thinking up what you want to say to them.

The last delivery job I had was at a wing and burger place near where I live. One of my favorite such experiences there was a delivery to a customer at an office building who I had to call with my cell phone because the place was hard to find. At this point, it had been 45 minutes since she placed her order and, according to her, she had been quoted a 30 minute delivery time. That wasn't my fault though. We had just gotten busier than expected. When I spoke to her, she bitched me out on the phone about the amount of time it was taking and said, "If my fries are not hot, we are going to have SERIOUS PROBLEMS!!!!"

Yeah, "serious problems."

What I told her, "I'm sorry ma'am. I'm almost there. If your fries are not hot enough for you, we can either send you out a free order or give you a credit for the next time you order"

What I wanted to tell her, "I'm sorry ma'am. Your fries not being as hot as you'd like them is not a 'serious problem'. Having a doctor tell you, 'your child has cancer', is a serious problem. Having a man in a black robe tell you, 'I sentence you to ten years in federal prison', is a serious problem. Living in a third world country and not having any food to eat in the first place is a serious problem. If you think your lukewarm fries are a "serious problem", you should pretty much take them and shove them up your ass, you obnoxious STUPID FUCKING COW!!!!!"

I think we wound up giving the bitch some free french fries and no, she didn't tip me. Peace,

Ken

She needed to be fried.

Puffer

#452197 - 11/02/13 01:24 AM Re: Pet Peeves [Re: pufferfish]
pufferfish Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: USA
When I was a little boy and we lived in the suburbs of Washington D.C., there was a store up the street that was the scene of many heartaches. The owner/manager of the store was cruel. He happened to be an old man. He sold food as would the many stores today which sell gas and food and gift items.

I was sent to that store many times to pick up an item or two needed at home. I guess I was too sensitive. On one occasion I was sent to get a bottle of ketchup. The cruel manager teased me as to whether I needed "ketchup" or "catsup" and he had some other name for it.

On another occasion I went to get a carton of 6 carbonated beverages. Lots of cartons were stacked like a pyramid one on top of another to reach a height as tall as I was. To try to extract a single carton of 6 was a challenge. I had to reach up to the top of the pyramid to get one. In doing so the carton tipped and several bottles tumbled to the floor. At least one of these bottles shattered explosively, spewing up coke or whatever it was and also bouncing shattered glass fragments over my legs (I was wearing short pants). One of the shards gouged out a bloody wound from my leg. I was in a panic because of the wound and because of having made such a mess. The cruel man responded in anger, cussing me out royally. I duly retreated out the door with my tail between my legs.

The following is sad and I don't recommend people read it.

Another "pet" peeve had to do with going with mom to some store. Maybe it was the same one. I was 13. I was in the passenger side of the car. It was the green Buick my father bought with money I believe he received when he sold my "services" to the government for me to be experimented on. Our beloved dog Penny wanted to come and ran along after the car. When we made a left turn into the opposing lane, Penny ran in front of another car and was killed. It was across the street from that horrible store. I didn't need another trauma. Later I had to get my little wagon and go up to where Penny lay in a pool of blood. I had to pick up Penny and put her in my wagon. Tears. cry

Puffer

Edited by pufferfish (11/02/13 01:33 AM)

Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4

Moderator:  peroperic2009 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.