Newest Members
cricket1007, Nickie98, jahfree, Daryl X., tryintothrive
12496 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
joeybird (54), ladyinwaiting (46), txpearl (46)
Who's Online
3 registered (JW1230, 2 invisible), 16 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12496 Members
74 Forums
64167 Topics
447767 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#450877 - 10/21/13 08:22 PM Here is what not to do
flightmedic38 Offline

Loc: Kansas
DO NOT google earth the house you were abused in..... frown

#450886 - 10/21/13 09:19 PM Re: Here is what not to do [Re: flightmedic38]
Suwanee Offline
Greeter
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Southeast USA
FlightMedic38,

Believe me, I know about such things. I have a habit of "inoculating" myself with small does of unpleasant things with the hopes of being better prepared to take on the larger "thing."

Some report that it's helpful...and even a step toward actually visiting the site. I've looked up satellite imagery of the camp and found it unsettling, but nothing too bad. I was in the right frame of mind I suppose. I guess the point is to REALLY know where you are in addressing your issues before diving into this. If you have a T, make sure you discuss it with them first. He/she may or may not advise doing it.

Will

-Signs and traces left in stone
Ruins of a past unknown-

#450890 - 10/21/13 09:59 PM Re: Here is what not to do [Re: flightmedic38]
Still Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: FEMA Region 1
Yeah...I waited years before I googleEarthed the place. but now I do it on occasion. Its not something to do unless you KNOW you are ready.

#450891 - 10/21/13 10:01 PM Re: Here is what not to do [Re: flightmedic38]
flightmedic38 Offline

Will
Well I should have discussed with my T first, I guess you live and learn.. It really upset me. Going to try and put in the box until my T session.. Not sure that will work but........Going to try

#450892 - 10/21/13 10:03 PM Re: Here is what not to do [Re: flightmedic38]
flightmedic38 Offline

Still,
Very dumb move on my part... Just hoping for a nightmare free night...

#450897 - 10/21/13 10:23 PM Re: Here is what not to do [Re: flightmedic38]
Bill61 Offline

Loc: Illinois
On my way down to the weekend of recovery, I drove past the school were I was abused and I said I beat you guys. On the way home, I drove past the school and I didn't even say anything and no past feelings came up. I left my past at the WoR and working on living moment to moment.

Bill61

"I am in charge of how I fell and I choose HAPPINESS" from The Law of Attraction.

#450899 - 10/21/13 10:36 PM Re: Here is what not to do [Re: flightmedic38]
flightmedic38 Offline

That is great Bill, I hope to be at a point to do WOR in the future... Great Job!!!!!!!!

#451020 - 10/22/13 10:00 PM Re: Here is what not to do [Re: flightmedic38]
BraveFalcon Offline
Greeter
MaleSurvivor

Loc: The ATL
Hi FlightMedic38. I Google earthed the place where I was first molested. It was a patch of woods outside of the apartment complex in CT where my family lived at the time. (I was in 2nd grade.) Now those woods are gone and there is a subdivision there. When I saw that, I was somehow relieved and saddened at the same time. I do not know why. Peace,

Ken

Edited by BraveFalcon (10/22/13 10:01 PM)

#451046 - 10/23/13 04:22 AM Re: Here is what not to do [Re: BraveFalcon]
Jacob S Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: where the shadows lie
Originally Posted By: BraveFalcon
Now those woods are gone and there is a subdivision there. When I saw that, I was somehow relieved and saddened at the same time. I do not know why.

The summer camp where some of my abuse took place changed hands and none of the original buildings are still standing. Its nice to know that the people running it now are not in any way connected to the original camp leaders, but it having changed so much means even if I did ever get around to visiting the land I don't think it would confirm my memories. I'm glad the buildings and the original owners are gone but I feel like I missed a chance at investigating my past.

#451089 - 10/23/13 01:09 PM Re: Here is what not to do [Re: flightmedic38]
Neighbor Offline

Loc: California
Thankfully the house has been torn down and evidence it was ever there is now gone.

What it's taken me years to see is that my rolling over to authority, even when I know I'm right, has been based on abuse and my resignation to failure to protect myself and fear to tell my story to anyone for the same reason - fear.

Not that it makes any difference today, but there have been a number of times I've just taken things when I should have been my own best advocate to expose the truth against false accusers and liars.

How do I get over this issue? Any suggestions?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.