Newest Members
Stormchaser, johnnyc717, bluebook, Roscoe, SJC
12314 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
clutzygurl (22), dun (50), Gene (50), ufp1964 (50), Zoot (68)
Who's Online
6 registered (Robert Barrett, Obi, pattom, 3 invisible), 18 Guests and 8 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12314 Members
74 Forums
63355 Topics
443026 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#45079 - 06/27/03 12:55 PM Re: Telling kids
Marc Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Tucson, AZ
Joe,

Happy 2nd birthday!!! \:\)

I don't suppose you are willing to be loaned out as a father? :p

Great job!!!

#45080 - 06/27/03 06:14 PM Re: Telling kids
Leosha Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Right here
I think if your son is smart, and he is good age, it may not be bad to say that you were hurt when younger, and you are work at it, and you will do all you can to protect him of it. Then he will of course ask questions, and you choose what to answer. He is at good smart age I think, to know that even parents have past and childhood things. I will be curious of what you do, and how it goes.

"Human salvation lies in the hands of the creatively maladjusted."~~~Martin Luther King Jr., 1963

#45081 - 06/27/03 10:09 PM Re: Telling kids
outis Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Maryland USA
Guys,

Thanks again for all the kind words. You have been just fantastic!

Quote:
You know Joe I think it was more than a father son disucssion. It was more like a peer to peer conversation.
Mike,

You are right on the money. That's how it felt. I can see the man forming in the boy before my eyes. It's awesome.

Quote:
Joe this is an important part in breaking the abuse cycle and breaking the silence!
Victor,

Breaking the cycle and the silence. Two things that need to be broken. It felt good, because I believe I have done my son a service. Maybe the effects will reach beyond his life, too.

Quote:
Happy 2nd birthday!!!
Marc,

Second birthday?! Will I have to age faster, or do I have to start to mature now? \:D With all that's been going on this week, especially the last couple days, it feels like a new birthday or something.

Quote:
I will be curious of what you do, and how it goes.
Leosha,

I did talk to my son. I did not tell him specific details. He asked only how old I was, and how old the man was. You can see what I wrote earlier if you scroll back up this page.

Thanks again, to all of you.

Joe

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.