Newest Members
Won'tGiveUp, sillyputty, Pytbull, manipulated, donmarks
12383 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Alan Fountain (52), blindpet (31), egoror (49), Midas (33), uwa (78)
Who's Online
3 registered (Obi, tbkkfile, 1 invisible), 32 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12383 Members
74 Forums
63648 Topics
444522 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#450799 - 10/21/13 11:46 AM The Agony of Joy
theredhairedcrow Offline

Loc: Germany
Greetings everyone, I hadn't been active on this forum recently. I would have to admit I had great intention to be, but for a time, it was bringing up too many memories and feelings that I wasn't dealing with very well as there were other great stressors going on in my life.

I am writing now to share my novel, The Agony of Joy, which I had mentioned previously here in some of my comments mostly because it took me over 10 years to finish and is based greatly on my experiences as a survivor. Through those 10 years, it was a working out period for me. There were times, even several months where I couldn't write, but I knew the story had to be told.

More information about it can be viewed at my websites, and the links I'll provide but I've included the press release below. http://redhaircrow.com/?s=agony If you're interested in having a copy, you are welcome to write me here.

[img]http://redhaircrow.files.wordpress.com/2013/08/aofjaward.jpg?w=400&h=603[/img]

“Finding the courage to face the pain of the past, in order to have a future.”

· Title: The Agony of Joy
· By: Red Haircrow
· Published: February 17, 2013
· ISBN: 9781301334520
· Genre: Contemporary Fiction, LGBT Interest
· Pages 349
· ·Available at Smashwords, Amazon & other online distributors
· Book Trailer: Book trailer The Agony of Joy The Agony of Joy

Winner of Dan Poynter’s 2013 Global E-Book Awards, Best LGBT Fiction, and taking almost ten years to complete, The Agony of Joy, is a work dealing with a terribly serious, nearly epidemic issue that millions of men, like the author, has experienced: being survivors of child sex abuse.

Yet far from being the central theme, although psychological and behavioral after-effects continue for many, the novel focuses on the courage it takes, often in the face of opposition, misunderstanding and/or apathy to not allow anything or anyone to keep you imprisoned by that past, not even yourself.

Description: “Former model turned actor Adrian Lee can barely list age range '23-29' on his resumé anymore nor stand his life of empty social events and appearances, meaningless roles and casual partners. When he meets Alexander Skizetsky by clever arrangement of his agent, the enigmatic yet infinitely attractive Russian kindles a little light of hope in his aching heart. Yet even the beginnings of a friendship and love beyond his wildest dreams cannot assuage a life spiraling out of control.

The long estrangement from his devout Irish Catholic parents and family and the dark secrets they all share combine to drive him to the brink of despair, though Alexander is determined to stay by his side. After locking away his own memories of betrayal and loss, the Russian had decided never to love again but something in Adrian spurs the noblest intentions in his formerly jaded heart. Returning in pilgrimage to his homeland, he brings Adrian along on a journey of rebirth, revelation and redemption.”

Editorial Reviews:

"Your story does what good fiction should do. It makes me think, makes me feel, allows me to visit different places, and connect deeply with the characters. It explores real issues that people face...."

"I love descriptive stories that enable me to travel to different places without leaving the comfort of my easy chair. I love using all my senses while reading and getting so totally immersed in a story that the sound of the phone ringing makes me jump.

"A love story, but not a romance, definitely a gothic feel and one of the most positive portrayals of bisexuality I've ever come across in fiction."
-Nancy Ferrer, Outlaw Reviews

"I’ve never read anything like Agony of Joy. There has never been a story that deals with some of the personal issues you are presenting in such an open way. It is inspiring and liberating and needed."-Ana Christina Caelen, Sound therapist, Musician and Composer

"A well-told story...I admire your tact, and am enthralled by these characters and the world they live in.”-M. Daniel Nickel, Author of The Dashing Mister R and The Altered Boys Club

My website, Songs of the Universal Vagabond, http://redhaircrow.com/

My story on MS forums: http://www.malesurvivor.org/board/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=390668#Post390668

#450815 - 10/21/13 01:44 PM Re: The Agony of Joy [Re: theredhairedcrow]
Cthulhu Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Cascadia
Congrats on completing your work of ten years, and you seem to be getting such a positive response too! I am interested in a copy laugh I am not sure I will read it because I tend to use fiction to escape and this may hit too close to home. If I do read I will be sure to get back to you with my thoughts.

Really, a novel. That's kinda incredible in my eyes. Be proud of yourself!

Edited by Cthulhu (01/03/14 08:39 PM)

some context

#450866 - 10/21/13 06:35 PM Re: The Agony of Joy [Re: theredhairedcrow]
victor-victim Offline

Loc: O Kanada
magnificent accomplishment!

congratulations.

http://redhaircrow.files.wordpress.com/2013/08/aofjaward.jpg

War
Love
Poetry

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.