Newest Members
0128, jeremywickers, JScott12, TMatti2, DaiseyLady
12502 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
innocence (60), pablo999 (53)
Who's Online
5 registered (GT13568, 4 invisible), 16 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12502 Members
74 Forums
64189 Topics
447919 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#450739 - 10/21/13 04:56 AM Re: The Casual Vacancy, Triggered by Jk Rowling [Re: dark empathy]
don64 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: St. Croix, USVI
Hi De,

i'm still here and still sending you lots of love. I'm 64 and am only remembering the worst of the things that happened to me in early childhood. My experience is that in the long run its not what comes up but how well i learn to take care of myself when it does come up. so, i do my best to know when to stop, when to retreat and be so tender and so protective with myself. I know my body chemistry can go bonkers during these periods, so i do the best i can do to eat well. Sometimes eating well is cooking lots of huge quantities of hash browns which is a comfort food for me. Sometimes it's m&m peanuts which isn't necessarily good for my body but does make me feel better for awhile. in other words, i do the best i can with a very difficult situation. when these wounds get ripped open as you are describing, they are ultimately a cleansing process for me and a part of moving to a healthier place. i often am not able to see that at the time, but it has always been true. know that my thoughts are with you. Don
Divine Law is not judgment or denial of self truths. Divine Law is honoring harmony that comes from a peaceful mind, an open heart, a true tongue, a light step, a forgiving nature, and a love of all living creatures. Jamie Sams & David Carson, Medicine Cards

#450796 - 10/21/13 11:29 AM Re: The Casual Vacancy, Triggered by Jk Rowling [Re: dark empathy]
dark empathy Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: durham, north england
Thanks Don.

for me who thought I was fairly together and sorted out, that was a truly awful experience, I'm afraid to even think about it now.

I have at least eaten something which I obviously needed to do.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.