Newest Members
Won'tGiveUp, sillyputty, Pytbull, manipulated, donmarks
12383 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Beluga (64), Isreal101 (65), Phil Sober (41), phil1973 (41), Teddy Bear (63)
Who's Online
2 registered (2 invisible), 44 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12383 Members
74 Forums
63644 Topics
444489 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#450754 - 10/21/13 08:13 AM New member
mikeg Offline

Loc: South Africa
Hi guys
also a ms here, been struggling to make sense of my life thus far, my story is so much alike all of yours, but tried to carry one with my life, got married, but now and again "triggers" happen, would like to meet people to chat to.
mike

#450757 - 10/21/13 08:21 AM Re: New member [Re: mikeg]
newground Offline
Chatroom Moderator
MaleSurvivor
Loc: michigan
Hey mike
you have come to the right place I have found a world of help since I have been here (2 years) just make yourself comfortable and reach out as you can the guys here are do great to do all they can to support and encourage. if there is anything I can do to help out, answer questions or whatever Just P.M. me I'd be glad to help. welcome to Male Survivor man glad you have found us ... sorry you needed to.
Jeff
Towards thee I roll, thou all-destroying but unconquering whale; to the last I grapple with thee; from hell's heart I stab at thee; for hate's sake I spit my last breath at thee. let me then tow to pieces, while still chasing thee, thou damned whale! Thus, I give up the spear!"
Herman Melville

#450759 - 10/21/13 08:22 AM Re: New member [Re: mikeg]
KMCINVA Offline
Greeter
MaleSurvivor

Mike

Welcome to a place that will be kind and supportive to you. You have taken a courageous step. Write and talk at your own pace, you need to feel safe. We all heal at our own pace and what has worked for one may not work for another.

It can be an emotional roller coaster--ups and downs. Lean on those that support you in the down times.

We are hear and I wish you well on the healing journey.

Kevin

#450766 - 10/21/13 08:34 AM Re: New member [Re: newground]
mikeg Offline

thank you Jeff, will do, sometime just afraid and shy talking about it

#450767 - 10/21/13 08:35 AM Re: New member [Re: mikeg]
mikeg Offline

thank you Kevin appreciate it.

#450769 - 10/21/13 08:58 AM Re: New member [Re: mikeg]
Obi Online   content
MaleSurvivor

Loc: kansas
welcome to ms.

my story

my vlog

#450771 - 10/21/13 09:04 AM Re: New member [Re: mikeg]
SamV Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Talladega, Alabama, USA
Welcome Mike,

Your story is very similar to many survivors, we tried to put the abuse in the past, to move forward, but it came back with overwhelming emotions that demanded their own time in our conscious presence.

It is a struggle, but you are in the right path and the right place. I encourage you to keep sharing, safely and publicly, openly and honestly so that nothing holds back the healing progress and stability.

My best to you!

Sam

#450773 - 10/21/13 09:17 AM Re: New member [Re: mikeg]
don64 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: St. Croix, USVI
Hi Mike,

My experience is it's the secrets inside that can kill you. Don't rush anything. Be patient. Take your time. You will naturally find the right people and right situations that are helpful to you and supportive for you. What needs to come up and out will happen when the time is right for you. Welcome and be gentle with yourself. Don
Divine Law is not judgment or denial of self truths. Divine Law is honoring harmony that comes from a peaceful mind, an open heart, a true tongue, a light step, a forgiving nature, and a love of all living creatures. Jamie Sams & David Carson, Medicine Cards

#450774 - 10/21/13 09:30 AM Re: New member [Re: mikeg]
peroperic2009 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: South-East Europe
Hello Mike, good to see you here!
There are many ways to connect with other survivors: trough personal messages, chat or public broads; so go slowly and search what is the best for you.
If there will be something disturbing and triggering here please step aside and take some time. We need to keep our inner peace no matter what we are doing as it is prerequisite for healing.

We have had some nice men from SA present here, some of them have established web sites for survivors of sexual abuse - maybe it could be helpful, if you like I could find their links?

Be well!

Pero

#450777 - 10/21/13 09:52 AM Re: New member [Re: mikeg]
traveler Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: somewhere in Africa
hey, mike!

welcome and make yourself at home here. share what you can when you can - or just ask questions - whatever you are ready for. reach out and you will find many willing hands waiting to help you along.

hope to get to know you better,
LEE
Now I know my life has meaning
Now I see myself as I am, feeling very free...
When my tears have come to an end I will understand
What I left behind: a part of me. Chicago

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  ModTeam, Publius, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.