Newest Members
jeremywickers, JScott12, TMatti2, DaiseyLady, uvagrad4
12501 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
innocence (60), pablo999 (53)
Who's Online
4 registered (Sonata1, 3 invisible), 19 Guests and 6 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12501 Members
74 Forums
64184 Topics
447886 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#450561 - 10/18/13 12:29 PM Video Game Thread
Zero Offline

Loc: Tennessee
Hello all,

Who here plays video games on either the PC, Xbox, Playstation or the Wii/Wii U?

I consider myself a PC gamer but have been bored lately with nothing decent coming on the market recently I feel. I really enjoyed games like Skyrim, Doom, Left4dead and many, many others. Anyway the point of this thread is to discuss and recommend games to any other gamers in this community. I highly recommend Skyrim and if difficultly is your thing Dark Souls is good too.

Recommending online games are fine too, I know a few of you guys are into pokemon online from chat. Another good free one if you into old school shooters is Quake Live. For the wii I recommend New Super Mario Bros. Wii and Cursed Mountain. There are also a lot of decent flash games out there too with my favorite being Mario Tetris 3.

Anyway, feel free to recommend stuff, I'll probably play recommendations out of boredom.

#450566 - 10/18/13 02:02 PM Re: Video Game Thread [Re: Zero]
victor-victim Offline

Loc: O Kanada
i don't play (i am from the pinball generation),
but my son says Shadow of the Colossus is one of the best video games he has ever played.

you didn't mention, but i am sure
you have probably already heard of Red Dead Redemption and Minecraft.

he also really likes this game called Portal.

of course, he is also a huge Zelda fan and he grew up on the various versions throughout the years.
like i said, i do not play, but i do love music, so when the orchestra put on a complete performance of the Zelda Symphony,
we went together.

it was absolutely awesome, and we were both quite impressed.
i loved it, and it was a great day with my son.
i highly recommend anyone check it out.

http://www.myfoxla.com/story/18697059/e3-comes-to-la-zelda-orchestra-to-the-greek-theatre-Wednesday

http://zelda-symphony.com/schedule

Now touring, Symphony of the Goddesses brings Zelda fans and symphony goers alike an entirely new, exciting multimedia experience presenting over 25 years of music from The Legend of Zelda franchise as never before.

Fans will relive all of their favorite moments from a fully developed and thoughtfully structured program including memorable, beloved melodies from titles including Ocarina of Time, The Wind Waker, Twilight Princess, A Link to the Past, Link's Awakening and more.

War
Love
Poetry

#450577 - 10/18/13 05:08 PM Re: Video Game Thread [Re: victor-victim]
Zero Offline

Hi victor-victim,

I have not played Shadow of the Colossus, I'll look into that. I've played Red Dead Redemption, Portal, Zelda and Minecraft and can recommend those as well. The only downside to Red Dead Redemption is there is no computer version so I had to play it on a friends Xbox. I am also a huge Zelda fan so I'll look into the symphony as well, sound very entertaining. Thank you for you recommendations.

#450579 - 10/18/13 06:18 PM Re: Video Game Thread [Re: Zero]
Cthulhu Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Cascadia
See the Zelda Symphony if you can. I missed it. Do not be like me.

Also, I know you arn't a fan of JRPGs but the Persona series is really amazing!

some context

#450581 - 10/18/13 06:56 PM Re: Video Game Thread [Re: Zero]
victor-victim Offline

my sons says if you want a good game to zone out on, and play just for fun... try FEZ.

http://fezgame.com/

or if you want to try a long complex strategy game...

civilization IV
http://www.2kgames.com/civ4/home.htm

War
Love
Poetry

#450589 - 10/18/13 09:03 PM Re: Video Game Thread [Re: victor-victim]
BraveFalcon Offline
Greeter
MaleSurvivor

Loc: The ATL
Love the Zelda games myself. I've played every single console Zelda game several times and most of the Gameboy ones. Other game franchises I'm into include Resident Evil, F.E.A.R., DOOM, Prince of Persia, Assassin's Creed, Bioshock, and Super Mario anything. I just finished beating Super Mario Galaxy 2 on my Wii the other night. The next game I intend to play is Assassin's Creed 3 but I can't really afford to buy a game at the moment so I'll probably play through AC Revelations again first, just to get me caught back up on the story line. Still need to play Bioshock Infinite too. If only I had more time to play video games. frown Peace,

Ken

Edited by BraveFalcon (10/18/13 09:04 PM)

#450591 - 10/18/13 09:35 PM Re: Video Game Thread [Re: Zero]
victor-victim Offline

at least this thread has allowed me to connect with my son again. smile

War
Love
Poetry

#450593 - 10/18/13 10:21 PM Re: Video Game Thread [Re: Cthulhu]
Zero Offline

Originally Posted By: votecthulhu

Also, I know you arn't a fan of JRPGs but the Persona series is really amazing!

I'll try it despite my bitter hatred of JRPGs. I just can't get into to the whole turned based final fantasy thing where one persons moves and another person moves afterwards. I am more into real time action, not to say I hate all RPG, I love dragon age. I also enjoyed this turned based game called breath of fire as a child that had some of that final fantasy style game play to it as well.

Originally Posted By: victor-victim
my sons says if you want a good game to zone out on, and play just for fun... try FEZ.

http://fezgame.com/

I am checking it out on Steam now - thanks

or if you want to try a long complex strategy game...

civilization IV
http://www.2kgames.com/civ4/home.htm

Ugh no lol

Originally Posted By: BraveFalcon
Love the Zelda games myself. I've played every single console Zelda game several times and most of the Gameboy ones. Other game franchises I'm into include Resident Evil, F.E.A.R., DOOM, Prince of Persia, Assassin's Creed, Bioshock, and Super Mario anything. I just finished beating Super Mario Galaxy 2 on my Wii the other night. The next game I intend to play is Assassin's Creed 3 but I can't really afford to buy a game at the moment so I'll probably play through AC Revelations again first, just to get me caught back up on the story line. Still need to play Bioshock Infinite too. If only I had more time to play video games. frown Peace,

Ken

The gamecube remake version of Resident Evil and Resident Evil 4 were awesome but I couldn't get into the original three for some reason. Partly because the graphics are dated even though I normally don't judge a game on graphics alone. I played through all of the F.E.A.R games and they were all good. Doom is epic but I've played that too much I am afraid, I've played it with every mod I've come across and than some. I recommend the brutal doom mod (Google it) if you have the guts for that kinda of violence. I've never played Prince of Persia, Assassin's Creed or Bioshock - I'll look into them, especially Assassin's Creed as I've seen some epic looking video of that game off youtube. Bioshock Infinite caught my eye a little but I need to play the first two cause thats just what type of gamer I am.

at least this thread has allowed me to connect with my son again. smile

I am glad I could help with that victor-victim,

#450637 - 10/19/13 12:28 PM Re: Video Game Thread [Re: Zero]
victor-victim Offline

my son has told me to tell you about terraria.

http://www.terrariaonline.com/

War
Love
Poetry

#450800 - 10/21/13 11:54 AM Re: Video Game Thread [Re: Zero]
theredhairedcrow Offline

Loc: Germany
I've played a lot of games through the years. My first "real" console was the Nintendo, which I still have, along with the games Super Mario Bros, Tetris, Final Fantasy and Dragon Warrior. I've had almost all in between including Dreamcast, and still actively play and collect games.

I'd say the Final Fantasy series has been my favorite overall, as I prefer RPGs, but there were so many lesser known but great games similar.

More lately I've played the Shin Megami Tensei series, and particularly liked the Digital Devil Sagas (if you like long, grinding games) and the Shadow Hearts. A good vintage game horror/survival RPG with a great story, try the 1st one from SH's, Koudelka. They make film adaptations for games that fall flat, but that could be a great one.

My son and I continue to play many, read all the reviews and upcoming releases, debates on consoles, etc. I like suspense, fighter, MMORPGs and more; PC, console, mobile. Just always have been a gamer and it will continue.

My website, Songs of the Universal Vagabond, http://redhaircrow.com/

My story on MS forums: http://www.malesurvivor.org/board/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=390668#Post390668

#450812 - 10/21/13 01:34 PM Re: Video Game Thread [Re: Zero]
Cthulhu Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Cascadia
theredhaired crow knows whats up. Shin Megami Tensei is so good laugh

some context

#451962 - 10/30/13 10:08 PM Re: Video Game Thread [Re: Zero]
Zero Offline

Not to bring back a dead thread but Steam is having a huge sale for Halloween with 75% off some games until Nov. 1st. Thought I would share and hope I don't sound too much like an advertisement lol. Got Bioshock 1 & 2, Alan Wake and Resident Evil 6 myself. Still haven't played Crysis 3 but I want to.

#451966 - 10/30/13 10:13 PM Re: Video Game Thread [Re: Zero]
BuffaloCO Offline

Loc: USA
I love the Assassin's Creed series, Cid Meyer Civilization V and I am playing Diablo some. Am kind of limited on a Mac, but that is changing smile

#451998 - 10/31/13 01:20 AM Re: Video Game Thread [Re: BuffaloCO]
victor-victim Offline

you guys are gonna laugh but the only video games i ever play, when i feel like taking a break from reality is

SWEET TOOTH

and BEJEWELED

total mind numbing time wasters.

War
Love
Poetry

#452018 - 10/31/13 06:13 AM Re: Video Game Thread [Re: Zero]
atari_kid86 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Michigan
I stopped actively buying/collecting video games and consoles at the PS1 time frame. The years beyond that I spent my time on PC games (Diablo II, The Elder Scrolls - Morrowind, Unreal Tournament). Before the PC days, I spent A LOT of time playing games such as:
NES
- Tetris
- Zelda
- Shadowgate (an old RPG)

Atari 2600
- Pac Man
- Berserk
- Super Mario Brothers (The original)

SNES
- Chrono Trigger
- Castlvania
- Zelda
- Tetris Attack

PS1
- FF8
- Vandalheart
- Diablo I
- GTA 1 and 2

I have a Wii, but my wife has it more for exercise games.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.