Newest Members
0128, jeremywickers, JScott12, TMatti2, DaiseyLady
12502 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
fakir (71), HelpMeHelpHim32 (41), motherstars (65)
Who's Online
2 registered (2 invisible), 20 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12502 Members
74 Forums
64191 Topics
447939 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#450521 - 10/18/13 03:17 AM The Gene Genie
1lifenow Offline

Loc: west coast
Interesting chart comparing the expression of genes for handedness and sexuality which are remarkably similar. Clearly its more complicated than that. An interesting finding would be about the effect of CSA on the expression of homosexuality. I don't know of a study that has looked at that specifically. Most conclude that the CSA does not make a difference. Some have shown that there is more incidence of CSA in gay men. The question is , is that an effect or a incidental finding. It has been hypothesized that if a boy expressed gender nonconformity b4 the abuse, then the Perp picks up on that and exploits it. If there was no prior gender nonconformity i.e., the boy was less likely to grow up gay, does then the CSA account for more imprinting and give a rationale for SSA in otherwise straight identified men. My conjecture is quite possibly.

My gut at this moment in time( i have found that with CSA and the recovery process that my sense of what is , is not as concrete as it used to be) says to me that men that would have identified and eventually been able to understand they have a gay orientation would not be influenced by the CSA with respect to orientation. To be sure it affects their psyche and coping skills as and adult. For me it just did not allow me to express my orientation , it just repressed it til i nearly imploded.

For boys that would have not been gay, the effects of CSA cause an imprinting the are later identified as SSA. This is a cognitive dissonance where the mans true str8 orientation is confounded by this sexual attraction to other men. A relationship with another man just doesn't resonate with them, yet there is an attraction that is undeniable. So i think thats the key, understand based on science and those that knew the young child if they expressed evidence of gender non conformity. It might make it easier on the adult to understand their current state. Are they really gay and repressed or str8 with SSA. On the surface it seems like its the same thing but it is not. Thoughts gentlemen?

Ok fuck i hate being a computer idiot.
i tried to reprint the chart from this article, no way jose'
god i suck

anyway if you are interested its here page 6 and 7 but the whole paper is really important.
if you know how to reprint the chart, please feel free
cheers g
http://libertyeducationforum.org/docs/whitepapers/the_only_question_that_matters.pdf

WoR Barrie 2011

#450603 - 10/19/13 01:50 AM Re: The Gene Genie [Re: 1lifenow]
peroperic2009 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: South-East Europe
Thanks Grant for this link,
I read it and it was very informative.
I've been identical twin and my brother is gay and at same time I have some confusion about my attractions.
So it is question that bothers me for long and no matter on therapy I still can't find way out of it, actually I came here because of my problems with intimacy.
Don't know for easy answers about SSA&Gay dilemma as it is very complex question.
It depends how every one of us feel inside, what is our cultural background, where we are with our self development currently, how much we stayed connected to inner self trough our maturing and many more...

Pero

Moderator:  ModTeam, peroperic2009 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.