Newest Members
SiegmundNYC, TheGreatWhat, MyNameIsPaul, serenity38, vivo
12486 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Can-tex (45), cbchorn (41)
Who's Online
4 registered (traveler, Still, PhoenixRising, aniceguy), 27 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12486 Members
74 Forums
64149 Topics
447606 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#450459 - 10/17/13 11:04 AM Re: So how do we fix it? [Re: sugarbaby]
sugarbaby Online   content

We talked about his non reciprocal stuff last night at great length. It seems he runs to those old stand-by defenses he learned from the CSA. I knew that when I looked at him in pre-op and he looked like a scared child. He never really talked about it though.

I think it may be better if I express what I need him to do instead of being quiet and expecting him to act certain ways. It's a subtle adjustment really but not something I had taken into consideration.

We had a good talk last night.

Thanks for all the input! smile

#450468 - 10/17/13 12:58 PM Re: So how do we fix it? [Re: sugarbaby]
On The Fringe Offline

Loc: Southeast USA
We need instructions. Not that most men are given to read instructions.

Now that I read that above, you are in an impossible place!

Just kidding smile. Hang in there

#450477 - 10/17/13 04:14 PM Re: So how do we fix it? [Re: sugarbaby]
dark empathy Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: durham, north england
Well sb, I'm glad you've had that discussion and things seem better.

I confess though I'm not really able to say much, since for me emotionally supporting a partner in a reciprical relationship is something I actually want! to do, albeit that that couldn't be all the relationship was.

To me, not supporting someone emotionnly is as confusing as p0rn or affairs are to me with my genophobia. i can freely see how being triggered and how dark moments can change a personality, but for me at least those would manifest mostly in a desire for solitude and a need (sometimes extreme), to not interact with others.

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Moderator:  ModTeam, peroperic2009 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.