Newest Members
andrewmartin, Aurigny, Luther, LuckyCharm, Jennifer Lyons
12251 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
AdawgJR (28), Brian (50), hikerpark (52), Jeremy Welch (47), Logan81 (2014), Olson30 (60), Patrick7958 (56)
Who's Online
4 registered (Bluedogone, GT13568, Obi, 1 invisible), 49 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12251 Members
73 Forums
63104 Topics
441295 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#450466 - 10/17/13 12:44 PM disgusting
Obi Online   content
MaleSurvivor

Loc: kansas
as some of you know, i enjoy bowling. i'm a member on several bowling sites.

was reading a post, on one of the sites, that one night any time this guy got a strike, his teammates would congratulate him by patting him on the back.

what he didn't realize, until after he got home, was that his teammates had written "child molester", "pervert" and "sexual predator" on tape and stuck it to his back every time they patted him on the back.

his teammates were laughing and when this guy got home and his wife saw it, the both of them too laughed about it and apparently took a picture of his shirt....

*shakes head*.... when will society WAKE THE HELL UP and realize that stuff like that is NOT A JOKE. NOT A LAUGHING MATTER!

Edited by Obi (10/17/13 12:45 PM)

my story

my vlog

#450467 - 10/17/13 12:56 PM Re: disgusting [Re: Obi]
On The Fringe Offline

Loc: Southeast USA
Society has twisted views on humor.

How many times in an evening is some guy hit in the nuts and it is funny?

But it is only towards men.

You never see a woman take a taco punch and it be funny on TV.

Our world. Adapt the best you can. It is not changing for the better. Worse is anything.

#450470 - 10/17/13 01:48 PM ! [Re: Obi]
Smalltown80sBoy Offline
MaleSurvivor

!

Edited by Smalltown80sBoy (02/28/14 10:16 PM)

#450481 - 10/17/13 04:52 PM Re: disgusting [Re: Obi]
unhappycamper Offline

Loc: VA
Guys--

The late, great George Carlin famously (or infamously) said that any subject is fair game for humor--even rape.

Now, I'm against censorship, but when the rape jokes start, pardon me if I don't laugh. After 54 years, it's still "too soon."

John

#450489 - 10/17/13 06:40 PM Re: disgusting [Re: Obi]
Still Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: 2 NATO Nations
Someone ought to get in their fkg faces and then publicized what they did.

If there's anyone deserving of round-house jawbreakers, its them.

Still's Globs

New Video

#450494 - 10/17/13 07:27 PM Re: disgusting [Re: Obi]
Onesimus75 Offline

Loc: Minnesota
That makes me feel ill just hearing about it, much less seeing it.

#450496 - 10/17/13 07:39 PM Re: disgusting [Re: unhappycamper]
Still Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: 2 NATO Nations
Originally Posted By: unhappycamper
Guys--

The late, great George Carlin famously (or infamously) said that any subject is fair game for humor--even rape.

Now, I'm against censorship, but when the rape jokes start, pardon me if I don't laugh. After 54 years, it's still "too soon."

John

Like abortion, its a "choice." I have a choice weather or not to jump up on stage and and his "bad-form," demonstrate true pain, and possibly removal of a soul...who knows.

Way way back in childhood, I was watching Johnny Carson (covertly of course). One of the old 'staple Vegas stand-ups' was a guest. He was a big white guy, black hair and always looked completely sarcastic. Like this guy's pic was in the dictionary under 'sarcastic.' Sarcasm was his shtick.

In 'the chair' next to Johnny, he had a joke: "yeah...one of our local Hollywood millionaires has a son. He called his father and said "dad, I'm gay." The father said "aright...give it a year...if it sticks, I'll buy you a boy's camp."

Back then I didn't know what to think.

Still's Globs

New Video

#450511 - 10/17/13 11:37 PM Re: disgusting [Re: Obi]
victor-victim Offline

Loc: O Kanada
not to make light of the subject matter...

people use "funny" to face their fears,
and humour to handle the horror.
like a pressure release valve.
it can be a defense mechanism.
laughter is often an involuntary spasm,
and under the most unusual of circumstances,
it can seem inappropriate and offensive.

i have been on both sides of this coin many times.
offender and offended.

but in the words of the great Michael Jordan...
"if you have to laugh, you have to laugh at yourself first."

War
Love
Poetry

#450537 - 10/18/13 08:15 AM Re: disgusting [Re: Obi]
dark empathy Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: durham, north england
What bothers me is that my own abuse was! humerous, ---- or at least it was thought to be, and yeahseveral people of both genders pulling down a boys trousers to laugh at his genitalia in public is funny, yet what would've happened if I were female?

Even aside from my genophobia, which makes s/xually explicit humour pretty bad anyway, I can't get away from he fact that jokes, ---- albeit sadistic jokes as a way of avoiding boardom, were at the root of my own abuse.

Last night I saw an episode of futurama, the animated comedy set in the future who's humour is usually either clever or whacky. However in this particular episode, fry, the main character meets a giant 20 foot tall amazonian woman selling snacks. Fry says what he would like, to which the woman replies in what I assume was supposed to be a coquettish tone "I like you!"

Fry then cowered away saying "Now I'm scaroused"

So, a man simultaniusly aroused and terified by a predatory female is funny? yuck!

Luckily my zoning out skills are now good enough that such things just make me faintly disgusted, like toilet humour, but if I let myself contemplate te actual logic behind! that sortof joke and exactly what that sensation would be like, the physical betrayal, the complete separation of mind and body, ---- well lets say it brings back far too many bad memories.

#450538 - 10/18/13 08:58 AM Re: disgusting [Re: dark empathy]
FormerTexan Offline
Site Administrator
MaleSurvivor
Loc: Denver, CO
Society and the media are skilled to a fault when it comes to minimizing or mocking abuse. I remember when the show "Reba" was on. Funny show like most sitcoms. What bothered me was the opening theme, this bright and bouncy musical piece of her singing away, and at the end of the theme she sang the words "I'm a survivor."

Survivor of what? Getting through the theme song on pitch?

1. That

If I could meet myself as a boy...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.