Newest Members
Mike Boyd, Serenity40, markm, hans32, SilentNoLonger
12133 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
bluestar7 (45), ferdie1949 (65), jonathan (57), LovingFriend (27), tjp42588 (26)
Who's Online
3 registered (3 invisible), 70 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12133 Members
73 Forums
62566 Topics
438390 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#450323 - 10/16/13 06:49 AM Re: Wrecking Ball Parody [Re: Jude]
Jude Offline

Loc: New England
Well I did it again. If I just talk long enough I manage to offend everybody. From now on I'll stick to knock-knock jokes.
I turned to look but it was gone
I cannot put my finger on it now
The child is grown, the dream is gone
And I have become comfortably numb."
Pink Floyd

#450324 - 10/16/13 07:07 AM Re: Wrecking Ball Parody [Re: Jude]
sentry Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Canada
It's a gift Jude.
I do it all the time. Never satisfied with putting one foot in my mouth, always seems I try to see if I can fit both of them in. blush

#450325 - 10/16/13 07:27 AM Re: Wrecking Ball Parody [Re: Jude]
Jacob S Offline
MaleSurvivor

I don't know what to say Jude. My response was genuine but I certainly don't think you meant offense. My "gift" (as Sentry puts it) is that I have a hard time knowing how to express myself in ways that doesn't shut everyone else down.

Humor seems like it should be light and easy, but its a deceptively complex issue. Humor is guided by our sense of what is normal vs, strange, accepted vs. outcast, and appropriate vs. taboo. All of those things can be linked to some pretty serious questions about reality and society. I personally think that having a joke forum is just asking for these kind of issues to pop up, maybe even more than if we just flat out had a "philosophy and politics" forum (I'm not suggesting that anyone start that, I'm saying even that would be safer than a humor forum because people would go into it knowing they were going to be butting up against very different perspectives rather than having it blind-side them). So if I see so much danger in the very concept of a humor forum maybe it was my mistake for not just ignoring this page completely. I certainly don't want you to feel I have anything against you, Jude.
"As long as the child within is not allowed to become aware of what happened to him or her, a part of his or her emotional life will remain frozen . . . all appeals to love, solidarity, and compassion will be useless."
-- Alice Miller

#450334 - 10/16/13 10:13 AM Re: Wrecking Ball Parody [Re: Jude]
victor-victim Offline

Loc: O Kanada
i have had the mod squad remove a few of my jokes already.

it hurts.

War
Love
Poetry

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  peroperic2009, SamV 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.