Newest Members
Anony_mous, Drew6991x, Miro, jj843, The Abyss
12364 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
gryffindor (67), KevinSweeney (57), latinflavor815 (52), latin_flavor_815 (52), RTMark (33), sabooka (35), southpaw10 (46)
Who's Online
3 registered (crabbott, pattom, BraveFalcon), 14 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12364 Members
74 Forums
63546 Topics
443993 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#450125 - 10/14/13 04:23 AM Re: Different seasons and mental state? [Re: dark empathy]
dark empathy Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: durham, north england
@napoleon I'll have to look that up. One thing I have noticed about recovery is that I at least tended to end up with an avertion to certain things not because they were triggering of abuse, but because they were things that got me through especially bad times.

One of them is the series Deep space nine. I watched these in mid 2008, (the first time I'd actually watched all episodes coherently), even the theme made me cry, (despite it being my least favourite music from star trek). I fully intend now however to watch the entire thing again! (as soon as I've got two seasons back from my brother), just because I actually want to get the story properly, not merely be watching as a destraction.

A similar thing happened with coleridge's poem "the ancient mariner" Though there the theme of long journeis carrying an albatros was a little too close to home perhaps, and that I have! revisited sinse.

@Getting Stronger, I fully intend to enjoy the rain and the dark part of the year before the afternoon sun gets back to cause problems for me, heck, I intend to try building another snowman as I did last year as soon as I'm provided with the materials. laugh.

Edited by dark empathy (10/14/13 04:24 AM)

#450131 - 10/14/13 04:37 AM Re: Different seasons and mental state? [Re: dark empathy]
tbkkfile Offline

Loc: Surrey, United Kingdom
DarkEmpathy - we don't get quite the snow and rain that you do down here in leafy Surrey, but I love the autumn and winter storms there's nothing quite like walking on Brighton Beach in November, I guess that it suits my personality. I'm not a great lover of Summer my CSA happened during a summer camp whilst in the scouts and for most of the summer afterwards.

Whilst we are on the subject I'm more Gimli than a Frodo or Bilbo
Go back?" he thought. "No good at all! Go sideways? Impossible! Go forward? Only thing to do! On we go!" So up he got, and trotted along with his little sword held in front of him and one hand feeling the wall, and his heart all of a patter and a pitter

J.R.R.Tolkien, The Hobbit

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.