Newest Members
RodrigoBR, MJ545, Marant, BeingFound, journey4two
12332 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
blueelectron9 (48), Grunty1967b (2014), highflight (42), jocks44 (54), kitm1 (47), Porrick (44)
Who's Online
1 registered (sentry), 19 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12332 Members
74 Forums
63413 Topics
443356 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#449958 - 10/12/13 04:57 PM The Walking Dead - SEASON FOUR!!!!
BraveFalcon Offline
Greeter
MaleSurvivor

Loc: The ATL

Is anybody else obsessed with this show? I began watching it from the first episode but at first was only interested because it is filmed and based in my hometown. The ATL, over-run with zombies! AHHHHHH! After that, the show pretty quickly became an addiction. I have considered getting the graphic novels to find out what happens but I'm afraid that would take away from the show. It wouldn't be as exciting if I knew what was going to happen ahead of time. Season four gets going tomorrow night! Is anyone else as jazzed about it as I am?

On a side note, the kid who plays the part of Carl, (Chandler Riggs), lives in my area. I've never seen him out and about but a couple of my neighbors have. One of my neighbors works in a local restaurant and she see him in there with his parents all the time. Apparently, his father is pretty protective and won't let autograph seekers get to close to him. My neighbor told me that he pretty much stand between Chandler and anyone who wants to talk to him and tells them to get lost. She said he's actually kind of an asshole but perhaps you need to be when your 13 year old son is famous as shit.

Can't wait for tomorrow night!!!!! Peace,

Ken

(Mods: I almost posted this in the "Books, Music & Films" forum but since The Walking Dead is obviously not abuse related I figured it didn't belong there. So, I went with the "Off Topic" forum. Feel free to move it if you want.)

#449977 - 10/12/13 08:06 PM Re: The Walking Dead - SEASON FOUR!!!! [Re: BraveFalcon]
victor-victim Offline

Loc: O Kanada
also excited about this series.
got hooked from the first episode.
have watched every episode in order.
sunday seems so far away.

i am an old school george romero style zombie movie fan.
not much interested in zombie comedies, spoofs or satires.
also not liking the new modern high speed action zombies.
i prefer the intense suspense and endless tension of slow relentless mindless walkers, limpers, stumblers, and crawlers.
no runners, climbers, or jumpers.
that just ain't zombie code to me.

War
Love
Poetry

#449987 - 10/12/13 09:02 PM Re: The Walking Dead - SEASON FOUR!!!! [Re: BraveFalcon]
Jacob S Offline
MaleSurvivor

Also love this series. Thought the farm season was a little too slow moving but its gotten good again since then.

I don't mind fast zombies if there is a really good story (like 28 Days Later) or it is very funny (like Zombieland) but I agree that the slow walkers are the most suspenseful.
all the people he can trust.
Like the one who stands behind him
cheering him on
Estatic when he stands defiant,
wild with abandon when he's gone

just stay alive.
do whatever you need to.
you are worth it.

#449988 - 10/12/13 09:09 PM Re: The Walking Dead - SEASON FOUR!!!! [Re: BraveFalcon]
Still Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: 2.5 NATO Nations
I auditioned for a zombie role...they told me I was too ugly frown

The Aftermath Video

The Water Buffalo Song

#449990 - 10/12/13 09:18 PM Re: The Walking Dead - SEASON FOUR!!!! [Re: BraveFalcon]
SoccerStar Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: New York
Whether intentional or not, the show really inverted the roles of Rick's crew and the Woodbury people. The "heroes" ride in like terrorists and destroyed a system that was clearly benevolent. Michonne is an idiot. If there's been an ACTUAL APOCALYPSE and there is no law and you are an unarmed woman and armed men who aren't related to you stand outside your room while you sleep for days and days and days and NOTHING BAD HAPPENS, and the community is full of happy, multiethnic and multigenerational families, maybe you should cut the Governor some slack in his personal life and not try to undermine something that was clearly for the best for the majority. Why is the Governor a monster for keeping his zombie daughter as a pet but Michonne is a badass ninja hero who gets a free pass on keeping her zombie brothers as pets? And yes, the ritual combat with defanged zombies IS a harmless catharsis for the survivors of trauma.

But no, instead let's drive all the guards away and truck all those children and senior citizens into a PRISON with its ENTIRE REAR WALL BURNED OUT, so that they'll barely get the chance to complain about sleeping in prison beds and never seeing sunlight before they get eaten.

Excuse my nerd rant. I'll still watch the show anyway.

Matt

"Don't think it hasn't been a little slice of heaven just because it hasn't!" --Bugs Bunny

#449993 - 10/12/13 10:05 PM Re: The Walking Dead - SEASON FOUR!!!! [Re: SoccerStar]
victor-victim Offline

guess who's coming to dinner?

War
Love
Poetry

#449995 - 10/12/13 10:29 PM Re: The Walking Dead - SEASON FOUR!!!! [Re: SoccerStar]
Jacob S Offline
MaleSurvivor

Originally Posted By: SoccerStar
Whether intentional or not, the show really inverted the roles of Rick's crew and the Woodbury people. The "heroes" ride in like terrorists and destroyed a system that was clearly benevolent. Michonne is an idiot. If there's been an ACTUAL APOCALYPSE and there is no law and you are an unarmed woman and armed men who aren't related to you stand outside your room while you sleep for days and days and days and NOTHING BAD HAPPENS, and the community is full of happy, multiethnic and multigenerational families, maybe you should cut the Governor some slack in his personal life and not try to undermine something that was clearly for the best for the majority. Why is the Governor a monster for keeping his zombie daughter as a pet but Michonne is a badass ninja hero who gets a free pass on keeping her zombie brothers as pets? And yes, the ritual combat with defanged zombies IS a harmless catharsis for the survivors of trauma.

But no, instead let's drive all the guards away and truck all those children and senior citizens into a PRISON with its ENTIRE REAR WALL BURNED OUT, so that they'll barely get the chance to complain about sleeping in prison beds and never seeing sunlight before they get eaten.

Excuse my nerd rant. I'll still watch the show anyway.

Matt

huh. very interesting take on all that. I'm gonna have to think about that perspective for a bit.
all the people he can trust.
Like the one who stands behind him
cheering him on
Estatic when he stands defiant,
wild with abandon when he's gone

just stay alive.
do whatever you need to.
you are worth it.

#450002 - 10/12/13 10:57 PM Re: The Walking Dead - SEASON FOUR!!!! [Re: SoccerStar]
Still Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: 2.5 NATO Nations
Originally Posted By: SoccerStar
Michonne is an idiot.

My first reaction was to rage with indignant fury, but then I realized you might be right...but I love her just the same. She's serious babe-age and ... and nothing ... she's hot!

The Aftermath Video

The Water Buffalo Song

#450004 - 10/12/13 11:06 PM Re: The Walking Dead - SEASON FOUR!!!! [Re: Jacob S]
victor-victim Offline

Jacob S, you are right about ZOMBIELAND.
that was a good film.

what i enjoy and yet it also bothers me the most about WALKING DEAD series is that the non-zombies can't seem to get along, no matter what. even with the omnipresent threat of flesheaters, people continue to fight each other.
watching Rick evolve from a boy scout into a stone cold killing machine has been fascinating and frightening.
who could forget when he cut that convict down with the machete. hard and fast decision into action.
this show always gives me good suspension of disbelief,
and often i find myself totally immersed, wondering what i would do under such stress. that's why i like the zombie genre, because it is so easy to disengage. it is extremely unlikely to ever happen.

all time favourite zombie scene

War
Love
Poetry

#450117 - 10/14/13 02:33 AM Re: The Walking Dead - SEASON FOUR!!!! [Re: BraveFalcon]
victor-victim Offline

it's raining zombies!

War
Love
Poetry

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.