Newest Members
PaulnMA, andrewmartin, Aurigny, Luther, LuckyCharm
12252 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
closerthenveins (26), Nvolpicelli (24), Sven (19)
Who's Online
2 registered (2 invisible), 51 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12252 Members
73 Forums
63112 Topics
441358 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#449863 - 10/11/13 02:46 PM CNN article on women raping men
SoccerStar Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: New York

http://www.cnn.com/2013/10/09/living/chris-brown-female-on-male-rape/

Kudos to CNN for raising the profile. I'm sorry to say I was surprised to see they didn't use more recent cases than Landrith.

"Don't think it hasn't been a little slice of heaven just because it hasn't!" --Bugs Bunny

#449951 - 10/12/13 04:31 PM Re: CNN article on women raping men [Re: SoccerStar]
dark empathy Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: durham, north england
I always feel validated by these sorts of things, it makes me feel less alone, though I do wish I could find another story of female on male gang rape.

I particularly found the bit about females involved in none penatrative s/xual violence interesting, since that definitely covers my experiences, though if I try to catagorise based on specific incidents it makes me feel dirty and sort of ghoulish, like a person saying "oh well I got my hand chopped off so that was theft right?"

My mum used the term "raped" about my experiences, and whatever legal deffinitions come up with that really is the only term I've heard that covers the sense of violation and humiliation and everything I've needed to do to recover since then.

Heck if I were! female the same incidents would probably be counted that way just because of body configurations.

#450517 - 10/18/13 12:25 AM Re: CNN article on women raping men [Re: SoccerStar]
James Landrith Offline

Loc: Alexandria, VA, USA
Originally Posted By: SoccerStar

Kudos to CNN for raising the profile. I'm sorry to say I was surprised to see they didn't use more recent cases than Landrith.

They approached me directly. My guess is that since few men raped by women are willing to put their names out there for the abuse it garners, they couldn't contact the John Does in recent stories. If someone else wants the hatred, mockery and general abuse I take when speaking out publicly, they are welcome to it. It isn't like I'm getting paid to be the whipping boy of the knuckle-draggers, gender cops, homophobes and victim-blamers.

Edited by James Landrith (10/18/13 12:30 AM)
http://jameslandrith.com

#450549 - 10/18/13 11:34 AM Re: CNN article on women raping men [Re: SoccerStar]
dark empathy Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: durham, north england
Hi James.

Well for me at least it was worth it, as a male surviver of female gang rape, it was certainly worth it, just to here! about a man abused by a woman who wasn't his mother, his teacher or the like makes me feel less alone with this.

#450588 - 10/18/13 08:55 PM Re: CNN article on women raping men [Re: SoccerStar]
BraveFalcon Offline
Greeter
MaleSurvivor

Loc: The ATL

Hi Matt. Awesome article! I am shocked that CNN printed it. I am also shocked that when I scrolled down and read the comments, they weren't all a bunch of ignorant bullshit. Some of it was ignorant bullshit, but what do you expect? Aside from all the childhood stuff, I had my own adult experience with unwanted female sexual contact. I posted about it once...

My Experience

I still hesitate to call that rape but, well, it is what it is. confused Peace,

Ken

#450614 - 10/19/13 09:14 AM Re: CNN article on women raping men [Re: James Landrith]
SoccerStar Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: New York
Originally Posted By: James Landrith
Originally Posted By: SoccerStar

They approached me directly. My guess is that since few men raped by women are willing to put their names out there for the abuse it garners, they couldn't contact the John Does in recent stories. If someone else wants the hatred, mockery and general abuse I take when speaking out publicly, they are welcome to it. It isn't like I'm getting paid to be the whipping boy of the knuckle-draggers, gender cops, homophobes and victim-blamers.

James - I fear my initial tone might have looked too casual, too matter-of-fact, about your case. Please know I hold you in the utmost respect for all that you have taught and inspired in the community.

Matt

"Don't think it hasn't been a little slice of heaven just because it hasn't!" --Bugs Bunny

#452821 - 11/07/13 10:19 PM Re: CNN article on women raping men [Re: SoccerStar]
pittsburgh Offline

Loc: west Chester, Pa
I just couldn't read all 3000+ comments but the base of the article was LOST! It was about males - not definitions. Force is force, even if drunk because there was NO consent.
Let's get back to the real issue - NO consent at any age, Male or Female. Wrong is still Wrong.
it is and has been quite a trip thru life, as last I feel that I am in a better place, it takes work and in my case a wife the was and is forgiveing and helpful. At last a relationship has gone right, messed up three.

#452831 - 11/07/13 11:45 PM Re: CNN article on women raping men [Re: SoccerStar]
don64 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: St. Croix, USVI
This has caused an "event" to surface of when I was 21. I am gay and 64, and was gay and out at 21. My boss, the head nurse where I was an aide attended a thanksgiving party I had where I lived. Lots of alcohol. I don't remember anything prior to her straddling me. I knew I did not want to be doing that, but could say nothing. I continued a relationship with her for about three months because I could not say no. The only way I got out of it was to go to a gay bar and let a guy I was dancing with give me a big hicky on my neck, which of course went to work with me the next day. That took care of the relationship.

It has only been this year that I began to remember my mother's systematic terrorizing me into submission from 0-3 1/2 as her sex toy. She had two younger children by that time.

Reading all the above comments just released profound sadness in me and the memories of 43 years ago finally made sense. I was conditioned to not be able to say no. There are other instances of my not being ABLE say no with men, but this is the only one with a woman. I did not know this hurt was a part of me until now.

Don

Moderator:  ModTeam, Publius, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.