Newest Members
OxfordArms, Anony_mous, Drew6991x, Miro, jj843
12365 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
gryffindor (67), KevinSweeney (57), latinflavor815 (52), latin_flavor_815 (52), RTMark (33), sabooka (35), southpaw10 (46)
Who's Online
3 registered (3 invisible), 23 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12365 Members
74 Forums
63548 Topics
444000 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#450010 - 10/12/13 11:45 PM Re: Just so angry [Re: tbkkfile]
mattheal Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Ohio
For what it's worth, my personal disbelief in ANYTHING supernatural is based on reason and my own experiences. I think we as survivors are often forced to examine our own lives once we are ready, and I can't imagine any of ones beliefs/disbeliefs that stem from anger and hatred will last very long if one is truly being honest with themselves. I think both sides clearly show that belief or disbelief and hate are not mutually exclusive.

I like what Mark Twain had to say about man's journey for truth:

"We are always hearing of people who are around seeking after truth. I have never seen a (permanent) specimen. I think he had never lived. But I have seen several entirely sincere people who thought they were (permanent) Seekers after Truth. They sought diligently, persistently, carefully, cautiously, profoundly, with perfect honesty and nicely adjusted judgment—until they believed that without doubt or question they had found the Truth. That was the end of the search. The man spent the rest of his life hunting up shingles wherewith to protect his Truth from the weather. If he was seeking after political Truth he found it in one or another of the hundred political gospels which govern men in the earth; if he was seeking after the Only True Religion he found it in one or another of the three thousand that are on the market. In any case, when he found the Truth he sought no further; but from that day forth, with his soldering-iron in one hand and his bludgeon in the other he tinkered its leaks and reasoned with objectors."
that the worst is all behind you
And the waves that tossed the raft all night
have set you on dry land
- The Mountain Goats - "Never Quite Free"

#450309 - 10/16/13 12:58 AM Re: Just so angry [Re: tbkkfile]
tbkkfile Offline

Loc: Surrey, United Kingdom
Religion sure is an emotive issue, but thanks to everyone for giving me their perspective both here and via PM's its really appreciated and has helped greatly.

I feel the need to explore this further but face to face with someone and will let you know how I get on.

Thanks to everyone again
Go back?" he thought. "No good at all! Go sideways? Impossible! Go forward? Only thing to do! On we go!" So up he got, and trotted along with his little sword held in front of him and one hand feeling the wall, and his heart all of a patter and a pitter

J.R.R.Tolkien, The Hobbit

#450335 - 10/16/13 10:25 AM Re: Just so angry [Re: tbkkfile]
victor-victim Offline

Loc: O Kanada
i tend to go by the "work in progress" ideal.

belief is a working model of truth.
it is like a map i am continuously fashioning out of the wilderness in which i wander.
the map is NOT the territory!

absolute truth is beyond the grasp of any mortal's lifetime.
belief is only a temporary and efficient arrangement of axioms.
as new facts emerge, the belief system must be updated and upgraded.
no functional belief system should contradict the facts.

War
Love
Poetry

#450346 - 10/16/13 12:00 PM Re: Just so angry [Re: tbkkfile]
tbkkfile Offline

Loc: Surrey, United Kingdom
Well said Victor

Quote:
no functional belief system should contradict the facts.
Go back?" he thought. "No good at all! Go sideways? Impossible! Go forward? Only thing to do! On we go!" So up he got, and trotted along with his little sword held in front of him and one hand feeling the wall, and his heart all of a patter and a pitter

J.R.R.Tolkien, The Hobbit

#450379 - 10/16/13 06:05 PM Re: Just so angry [Re: tbkkfile]
victor-victim Offline

Loc: O Kanada
the only problem is,
1 don't have all the facts, and
the ones 1 have keep changing.

War
Love
Poetry

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.