Newest Members
Jerone, teba, Serpenta, mojo, James M
12114 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
archie chisholm (61), Carlos418 (37), courtney (52), kurotake (55), lostsoul (63), Lukesgirl (28), michael banks (2014), Steffon (42)
Who's Online
1 registered (1 invisible), 56 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12114 Members
73 Forums
62510 Topics
438086 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#449603 - 10/08/13 09:48 PM An Introduction
SayItRight Offline
MaleSurvivor

Joined the site only recently, but read it for a couple of years. I appreciate many posts that have helped me in the past.

I am a survivor of sexual abuse. More than one abuser, from about age 4 up until age 15. Some of the abuse was violent. Some, less violent, but more frequent and the situations lasted for a much longer time. My family situation was violent and abusive in other ways. For years after the abuse ended I continued making choices that perpetuated its effects.

I have been in therapy in the past.

I am here now for a couple reasons.

For one, I feel a need for some community in this. I have known other survivors but I typically do not allow myself much support. This has hurt me.

Second, ptsd. I don't even know what to say about it. While its been worse in the past, including with blackouts (if that's the word for those), I've never been as tired of it as I am right now: nightmares, flashbacks, triggers, insomnia, anger, distance. I don't feel I am in crisis, I just want things to change.

I would appreciate any support you guys might offer, especially with the ptsd stuff. I also hope to be in a position to help and support others here.

#449610 - 10/08/13 10:05 PM Re: An Introduction [Re: SayItRight]
newground Offline
Chatroom Moderator
MaleSurvivor
Loc: michigan
Hi say it
so glad you have allowed yourself this comfort. you will find this a safe place to begin to heal. I hope that you will rest a bit maybe chat some, and find what I have so often found people who "get it" there are so many here who can and do understand and help is available feel free to message me if you feel safe if I can help at all
Jeff
Towards thee I roll, thou all-destroying but unconquering whale; to the last I grapple with thee; from hell's heart I stab at thee; for hate's sake I spit my last breath at thee. let me then tow to pieces, while still chasing thee, thou damned whale! Thus, I give up the spear!"
Herman Melville

#449652 - 10/09/13 10:29 AM Re: An Introduction [Re: SayItRight]
Jude Offline

Loc: New England
Originally Posted By: SayItRight
....but I typically do not allow myself much support. This has hurt me.....I just want things to change.

Welcome SayItRight,

I can relate to denying yourself support. By taking the courageous step of posting, you have started the process of gaining support from a group of men who understand you because we've been there. Things CAN change if you do the work. You've got 12,000 guys here who have got your back.

Be well,

Jude
I turned to look but it was gone
I cannot put my finger on it now
The child is grown, the dream is gone
And I have become comfortably numb."
Pink Floyd

#449653 - 10/09/13 10:44 AM Re: An Introduction [Re: SayItRight]
Obi Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: kansas
Welcome to Ms.

my story

my vlog

#449693 - 10/09/13 06:52 PM Re: An Introduction [Re: SayItRight]
victor-victim Offline

Loc: O Kanada
welcome, SayItRight.

yes, this is a community of survivors,
but like any community, it is full of unique individuals with a variety of opinions.
within this diverse spectrum, you will discover the common components and themes.

your history sounds similar to mine.
my problems continued for decades after the abuse.

i have been diagnosed recently with PTSD, although i believe i have been suffering from it since the 1960's.
they have used hypnotherapy as part of the recovery.
everything seems like a crisis or trauma to me.
i seem to function best under those conditions.

War
Love
Poetry

#449706 - 10/09/13 08:18 PM Re: An Introduction [Re: SayItRight]
SayItRight Offline
MaleSurvivor

Guys, thanks for the welcome messages and the feedback. I am looking forward to being more a part of this community.

Huge difference for me today just thinking about the fact that I joined. Finding these responses keeps that going. I appreciate it.

#449747 - 10/10/13 06:09 AM Re: An Introduction [Re: SayItRight]
On The Fringe Offline

Loc: Southeast USA
Welcome SayItRight,

I am a kinda new guy. The first time to do this sort of thing. Sharing and seeing how others feel.

This site is good. It helps me feel like there are others just like me. No longer weird. No longer out there on an island.

I see people write "me too".

Welcome and I'm with you, me too.

#449799 - 10/10/13 08:27 PM Re: An Introduction [Re: SayItRight]
Still Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: 2 NATO Nations
" "

those are mega dittos.

Still's Globs

New Video

#450279 - 10/15/13 07:44 PM Re: An Introduction [Re: SayItRight]
Zero Offline

Loc: Tennessee
Hello SayItRight,

Welcome I believe we have met in chat and just wanted to say hi. I myself read the forums before joining too so congratulations on joining; I feel for myself it will hopefully be a milestone in getting well. I also relate quite a bit to both PTSD and a need for community support. PTSD can be intense and I think I have a rather mild case of it compared to some people I have met but I feel for you in the symptoms as they can ruin any good day. I do however relate to the nightmares and flashbacks some what and want you to know you are not alone.

Moderator:  ModTeam, Publius, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.