Newest Members
KKumar, J44, Anura, reynel5, smc1972
12419 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
camdon (30), camdon greenwood (30), Denise (72), getteddie (66), morgoth (24), Ric (66)
Who's Online
5 registered (BraveFalcon, Jude, 3 invisible), 32 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12419 Members
74 Forums
63767 Topics
445324 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#449662 - 10/09/13 11:25 AM Byron Katie and "The Work."
Moreorless Offline

Loc: Pittsburgh
I just did a quick search to see where, in the forums, people have brought up or discussed Byron Katie's methods...

I found her brought up randomly here and there but there was nothing that was very concrete in the way of reactions to, and results of, her process...

Good or bad I am curious.

For me - her methodology added to my therapy has been...

The best way to put it - Byron Katie's methodology is to my therapeutic recovery what steroids are to an olympic lifter...

So - I wanted to open this thread up and ask who has experience with her methods...

#449732 - 10/09/13 11:13 PM Re: Byron Katie and "The Work." [Re: Moreorless]
Jacob S Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: one foot out the door
I've watched some of her videos and have found the stuff to be pretty good even if it is a little vague. I think it can be very good for finding certain things in your brain that are causing you low self-esteem. I don't agree with those who think it can solve all problems so I would never suggest someone use her method exclusively. I do feel that if someone has not truly dealt with their past, focusing on moving forward too fast can backfire. Trying to release a thought before you've fully explored why you have thought in the first place is like cutting down a plant but leaving the root. But at certain moments the questions she uses can certainly be helpful, as long as you stay kind to yourself when "the work" doesn't proceed as quickly and painlessly as her videos present.

Edited by Jacob S (10/09/13 11:13 PM)

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.