Newest Members
BusterJones, Desperateforhelp, aniceguy, Green_Lantern, Safe11ride
12121 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
betterdays (29), ChevyMan76 (46), cuda (48), swartzhund (42), wdf9 (70)
Who's Online
3 registered (I Want 2 Thrive, CafeMan, 1 invisible), 62 Guests and 8 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12121 Members
73 Forums
62519 Topics
438115 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 22 of 25 < 1 2 ... 20 21 22 23 24 25 >
Topic Options
#449017 - 10/02/13 06:40 PM Re: Exercise Motivation Team [Re: king tut]
WriterKeith Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: southern California
Very good, MB!

I've been busy as well, and unfortunately, in lieu of a trainer and kettle bells I've opted for Netflix and Kettle Chips. ;-)

This week I began drastically reducing my simple carbs. My body is kinda freakin' on me with the fresh veggie intake. My garden went wild this year.

Some soreness is good! Keep up the progress!

#449203 - 10/04/13 07:15 PM Re: Exercise Motivation Team [Re: king tut]
txb Offline

Kettle Chips are the best. I'm still in. But I've been away for a week and haven't done anything so i'm all kind of messed up with my routine. Got to get back into it because it seems to be working pretty well. Fitness is something where you can really see progress. I'll restart tomorrow.

#449329 - 10/06/13 09:06 AM Re: Exercise Motivation Team [Re: txb]
BraveFalcon Offline
Greeter
MaleSurvivor

Loc: The ATL

Hi guys. Sorry I dropped out of the thread for a while. The issue with my sore elbow has been keeping me away from the gym and I've been going for runs most days to keep up with my cardio. I guess I felt it was getting a little redundant to just keep posting "went for another run today". I did get back to the gym this week on Wednesday and worked out my bis, back and shoulders for the first time in almost two months. It's amazing how sore you'll be if and when you work out after taking almost two months off. The issue with my elbow hasn't really gone away but I'm just going to have to try to work through it as I can't stay away from the weights forever. I can't afford to see a doctor about it so for now it's something I'm just going to have to deal with.

The plan for today is to get to the gym for some cardio and an ab workout. Hopefully I can get that done before football starts at 1:00.

Originally Posted By: txb
Kettle Chips are the best. I'm still in. But I've been away for a week and haven't done anything so i'm all kind of messed up with my routine. Got to get back into it because it seems to be working pretty well. Fitness is something where you can really see progress. I'll restart tomorrow.

Jalapeno flavored kettle chips are my addiction. Especially with some spicy hummus and/or cheese dip. I need to stop letting myself cheat with shit like that so much though. Despite the fact that I am getting exercise consistently, I have been gaining a lot of weight lately. I'm over 190 again now and my target is 180. A year ago I was at 180 and was in the best shape of my life. I looked better than I did in high school. Now my abs are slowly disappearing and my love handles are looking a lot more handle-like. My diet and my penchant for junk food is the problem. As many of you may know from reading my other posts, I have been extremely depressed lately and I tend to be something of an emotional eater. I've got to get that shit turned around soon, because I don't want to gain any more weight. That will only make me even more depressed. Of course the Holidays are coming up and that's not going to help any. Ugh.... the fucking holidays. frown Peace,

Ken

#449363 - 10/06/13 08:28 PM Re: Exercise Motivation Team [Re: king tut]
Suwanee Offline
Greeter
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Southeast USA
Ok guys... I put in a ton of exercise during the last 10 days. I'm feeling pretty much exhausted in a good way.

I finished up my hike a day ahead of schedule because I made some really great progress after the early rain moved out. I averaged about 12.5 miles of hiking per day...which isn't too bad...though when I hiked the AT when I was 18, there were a few flatter sections where I managed 20 miles a day on occasion.

Since this thread is about exercise and fitness, I started the hike at 172 pounds and finished up at 169. That's the first time I've gone below 170 in a long time! It didn't last, because when my wife met me in Hot Springs, we grilled fat New York Strip steaks. I also gorged on two baked potatoes, a salad, vanilla chocolate chip ice cream and several Sweetwater IPAs.

Will

My Story: Cruel Summer

#449373 - 10/06/13 10:55 PM Re: Exercise Motivation Team [Re: Suwanee]
pufferfish Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: USA
I think I've discovered something. I'm sure it's not new with me.

I lost about 20 pounds and then leveled off and started to gain again. I think one of my "demons" is having had a very unhappy childhood, I seek fun or reward foods like cookies (biscuits in Great Britain) and ice cream.

What I've found is that a fun food that's very satisfying is the pancake. However, it must be cooked in coconut oil.

I think that what it does is it cuts down on the bodies inside fat (omental fat). I'll continue this and if it keeps on working without bad side effects, I'll post about it.

Puffer

#449378 - 10/07/13 12:05 AM Re: Exercise Motivation Team [Re: king tut]
DavoSwim Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Iowa, USA
Tonight I ran 11 miles. I'm really happy with that considering I was hospitalized for 6 days last week. I'm hoping I can do the half marathon I've been training for after all. When I was hospitalized, I thought I had to give up my dream. I've been training for it for 4 months now, and it's really important to me to do it. If I don't do it now, it'll be six months before I can do one. I'll just take it one day at a time.

Dave

#449420 - 10/07/13 01:18 PM Re: Exercise Motivation Team [Re: king tut]
bluesky Offline
MaleSurvivor

Hi Dave I think you are awesome a real inspiration to me and hope you get to do the half marathon smile.

#449449 - 10/07/13 07:36 PM Re: Exercise Motivation Team [Re: king tut]
Mountainous Buck Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Minnesota
Did a 1 hour hot yoga class last night (Sunday) that wiped me out: I swear I was the oldest guy there but I'll be damned if Im gonna wimp out to some guys ten - twenty years younger than me!

I have been eating small meals this weekend and drinking lots of tea.

I was coaching all day outside Saturday and today a mom at my daughter's school said I look great! smile Kinda depressing work day today, resisting urge to carb out and start some binge on some dough products (cereal, cookies, crackers....)

Skipped biking workout this morning: kettle bell class tomorrow at 6 a.m.!

ďIt doesn't matter where you've come from,
It matters where you go" Frank Turner

#449451 - 10/07/13 07:48 PM Re: Exercise Motivation Team [Re: Mountainous Buck]
BraveFalcon Offline
Greeter
MaleSurvivor

Loc: The ATL
Ok, I didn't wind up getting to the gym for the ab workout yesterday but went for a run instead. Did the ab workout on the way home from work this evening. Gotta stick with it. No days off this week. I'm cheating tonight with hot wings because of my Falcons being on Monday Night Football but after that, no more naughty food until next weekend. Keeping at it. Peace,

Ken

#449543 - 10/08/13 01:30 PM Re: Exercise Motivation Team [Re: Suwanee]
JoeSmith Offline

I donít know if Iím posting in the right area, Iíve never been in the Exercise and Wellness forum before, so I hope it is okay for me to join this thread.
Iím working on an exercise program, too, although more low key.
For years, I have been something of a ďcouch potatoĒ but never have been grossly out of shape. The last few years I have started an exercise program of walking and working out and I am now in much better shape.
I am 6í2Ē tall, my weight now is about 215. My all-time high weight was 237 and that scared me, that was about 7 yrs ago, since that time Iíve dropped back down to where I am now (215), but losing more weight seems next to impossible.
I work out at the YMCA gym every day, 20 minutes on the treadmill and 20 minutes on the exercise bike. Thatís all I can do right now or my knees and calves start to kill me and it takes a day or two to recover.

Greg

Page 22 of 25 < 1 2 ... 20 21 22 23 24 25 >

Moderator:  ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.