Newest Members
kk90, Austintexan, Cancan, LS, PaulnMA
12256 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
ByondClosedDoors (41), Dave1425 (32), DeafDavid (23), LowSky (57)
Who's Online
2 registered (don64, pete1973), 59 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12256 Members
73 Forums
63119 Topics
441402 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#448002 - 09/23/13 02:16 PM Re: Foolish Step [Re: Still]
KMCINVA Offline
Greeter
MaleSurvivor

No matter what one's faith or spirituality may be-difficult subjects shows a person's true character. If they turn it means they lack the fortitude to stand by the people they may love or have a connection with. It shows their own weaknesses and fears. Like Sam said they cannot imagine and accept the terror we lived and continue to live. Sadly their reactions sharpen the terror and pain.

I then look at the people who stand by,listen and do not judge. I have the most respect for them--their hearts are in the right place. I have also learned these people stand by in silence--never talking or expecting anything in return. Remember there are many of these type of people amongst you--seek them and distant yourself from those that only see the worse.

People are people despite their faith or spirituality. Labeling Christian as being good is misleading--because amongst every group there are good, middle of the road and bad people.

#449290 - 10/05/13 07:14 PM Re: Foolish Step [Re: Still]
On The Fringe Offline

Loc: Southeast USA
The church of mercy and love only shares that within their comfort zone for the most part.

I do not think the followers of Jesus do a very good job, for the most part, of doing as he did.

We are unlovable to society. Our crime is being abused as a boy instead of a girl.

Except here.

#449294 - 10/05/13 07:40 PM Re: Foolish Step [Re: Still]
freeze-on Offline

Loc: southeast
Sadly, it is true. People , men and women, are usually only able to have compassion and genuine understanding to the degree that they have become comfortable with their own masculinity/femininity thru broken admission to themselves of the horrors of life. Men who are broken and have hidden places unresolved, in and out of the church, have no capacity to reach out. But yet, go forward shouting the law of "don't do this, don't do that"....Jesus called the keepers of the law (Pharisees) white washed tombs , full of dead men's bones. Jesus despised the keeper of the law, was determined to reach the core issues of the heart.....and love, and heal......perfectly.

Man is always going to be man. And every now and again we come across 'whole' men who can reach out and have compassion and understanding and identify with the agony of the heart. Thus able to provide support. Sadly, keepers of the law of the Pharisees will never be there for us ....only the keepers of the law of grace will be able to do that. and then only Jesus the perfect healer will ultimately not fail us in our brokenness, even when he seems so distant and brutal at times. but he is there and consistent in his unfathomable love for each of us.

peace to you my brothers-in-arms, the bravest of the brave.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.