Newest Members
lilac, The Wife Of, smusab, whiteflag, North101
12287 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
cards (33), korbin2003 (39), Rosemary (53), Zebra (47)
Who's Online
8 registered (bluesky, coffeelady, don64, 4 invisible), 21 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12287 Members
73 Forums
63218 Topics
442045 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#446675 - 09/08/13 12:06 PM Today
Still Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: 2.5 NATO Nations
Today: No partisan politics. No causes. No hassles. No cares. Just going out to play!

Pictures at eleven.

Still's Globs

New Video

#446676 - 09/08/13 12:32 PM Re: Today [Re: Still]
Obi Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: kansas
YES! YES! YES!!!!!!

GET OUT AND PLAY!!!!!!

+ infinity!!

my story

my vlog

#446755 - 09/09/13 09:23 PM Re: Today [Re: Still]
Magellan Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: California
All life is about play and exploration. Yeah. Shit happens, and death is a part of life. But the impetus of life seems to be towards exploring and playing/creating.

We're self aware living beings designed to play and explore. We're human.

Loving Kindness Meditation will dramatically improve your spirits; give it a try for just 3 days: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sz7cpV7ERsM

#446767 - 09/09/13 11:27 PM Re: Today [Re: Still]
Still Offline
MaleSurvivor

It was a wicked awesome day! The weather was a perfect 10.

My son had heard of a hidden, yet famous, gravel-pit that had some really good sections for fun dirt-bike riding (a cop told him bout it). We checked it out on satellite and it looked awesome. It has a motocross track and several sections for heavy hills.

Mega hill-climbs was my specialty from age 10-on. I coached he and his friend on how to take-on a big-one. The hill in the 22 sec video is MUCH larger and steeper than it looks on screen. It took some brass for them to ride it. (only showing my son ride)

But it was a VERY good day to play outside and ignore the real world. We stayed till dark.

Still's Globs

New Video

#446803 - 09/10/13 10:20 AM Re: Today [Re: Still]
SamV Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Talladega, Alabama, USA
Wicked cool Still, that looks like a great time! I am glad you and your son had a chance to enjoy and affirm, good for you Still

Sam

#447780 - 09/20/13 10:22 PM Re: Today [Re: Still]
Still Offline
MaleSurvivor

I got back on a moto-x bike at the track recently.

Now consider that I quit semi-pro moto at 26yo because I was "spent..." Too old and inflexible...about 15 breaks in my shins and knees...countless fingers broken....toes too (though I never understood how).

So what was I thinking at 53, getting back on a machine?

I wiped 3 times in the first 15 minutes. Must be pathetic to watch.

But I never got to race a Honda CR 500. I'm not sure I want my sun to set without trying that. If you don't know that machine...its like trying to wrangle a nuclear missile.

Still's Globs

New Video

#448419 - 09/27/13 10:46 AM Re: Today [Re: Still]
tbkkfile Offline

Loc: Surrey, United Kingdom
Still Looks like a fantastic day, good for you - we all have things that we have to do before the sun sets, I use to race motocycles at Brands Hatch, Oulten park, Snetterton over here in the UK, now at 55 with the mortgage pretty much finished and the kids have all left home, I'm just trying to persuade the wife that we really need a motorcycle again to take off over Europe (and maybe a little bit of track time for me)
Go back?" he thought. "No good at all! Go sideways? Impossible! Go forward? Only thing to do! On we go!" So up he got, and trotted along with his little sword held in front of him and one hand feeling the wall, and his heart all of a patter and a pitter

J.R.R.Tolkien, The Hobbit

#448502 - 09/27/13 11:33 PM Re: Today [Re: tbkkfile]
Still Offline
MaleSurvivor

Originally Posted By: tbkkfile
Still Looks like a fantastic day, good for you - we all have things that we have to do before the sun sets, I use to race motocycles at Brands Hatch, Oulten park, Snetterton over here in the UK, now at 55 with the mortgage pretty much finished and the kids have all left home, I'm just trying to persuade the wife that we really need a motorcycle again to take off over Europe (and maybe a little bit of track time for me)

Yer right! Let's get to The Isle of Man for this year's TT. I'll bring a Suzuki R1.
You ever see the smokin video of the 2011 TT?

Still's Globs

New Video

#448511 - 09/28/13 01:11 AM Re: Today [Re: Still]
tbkkfile Offline

Loc: Surrey, United Kingdom
The TT's the place, went there back in the late 70's, saw Phil Read, Mick Grant and the greatest of all Joey Dunlop who's sadly no longer with us, I was riding a Norton at the time, wish I'd kept hold of it.
Go back?" he thought. "No good at all! Go sideways? Impossible! Go forward? Only thing to do! On we go!" So up he got, and trotted along with his little sword held in front of him and one hand feeling the wall, and his heart all of a patter and a pitter

J.R.R.Tolkien, The Hobbit

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.