Newest Members
RepressedMem, jet_step, JimHouston42, GKB, MorganWut
12468 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
AndyP (48), Gaius (50), JoziSA (52), mmafan66 (48), nltsaved (36), RMM (52), Steve63 (51), zenboy (51)
Who's Online
5 registered (Garf, manipulated, Dave PNW, JW1230, 1 invisible), 21 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12468 Members
74 Forums
64031 Topics
446842 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#448344 - 09/26/13 07:00 PM Worries?
victor-victim Offline

Loc: O Kanada
Luke 12:22-31

Then Jesus said to his disciples: "Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat; or about your body, what you will wear.
For life is more than food, and the body more than clothes.
Consider the ravens: They do not sow or reap, they have no storeroom or barn; yet God feeds them. And how much more valuable you are than birds!
Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to your life?
Since you cannot do this very little thing, why do you worry about the rest?
Consider how the wild flowers grow. They do not labor or spin. Yet I tell you, not even Solomon in all his splendor was dressed like one of these.
If that is how God clothes the grass of the field, which is here today, and tomorrow is thrown into the fire, how much more will he clothe you—you of little faith!
And do not set your heart on what you will eat or drink; do not worry about it.
For the pagan world runs after all such things, and your Father knows that you need them.
But seek his kingdom, and these things will be given to you as well."

Matthew 6:19-21

Do not lay up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy and where thieves break in and steal, but lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust destroys and where thieves do not break in and steal. For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also."

Philippians 4:6-7

"Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus."

Matthew 7:7-11

Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you. For everyone who asks receives; the one who seeks finds; and to the one who knocks, the door will be opened.
Which of you, if your son asks for bread, will give him a stone? Or if he asks for a fish, will give him a snake? If you, then, though you are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father in heaven give good gifts to those who ask him!
"

Luke 11:3

"Give us each day our daily bread."

Matthew 6:34

Therefore do not be anxious about tomorrow, for tomorrow will be anxious for itself. Sufficient for the day is its own trouble."

2 Chronicles 20:15

Thus says the Lord to you: "Do not be afraid nor dismayed because of this great multitude, for the battle is not yours, but God’s."

War
Love
Poetry

#448812 - 09/30/13 06:35 PM Re: Worries? [Re: victor-victim]
SamV Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Talladega, Alabama, USA
It is a quandary isn't it? As we look at our generous Heavenly Father, we find His record of complete support and sustenance for the righteous to be absolute. We are not rich, in the lap of luxury with fattened calf and wine, but we can count on Jehovah(God) just as the birds of the heavens and the flowers in the field. We can look to every corner in creation and find flowers, plants, trees, animals, insects and fish getting what they need without money, trading or toiling. They do not plant nor grow, they do not cook nor clean yet they get what they need to flourish, even beautifully for a long and fulfilling life.

Think about it, we were originally set to pick fruit of the tree and name animals, we did not even grasp right and wrong. What a terrible burden, the knowledge of right and wrong, yet we greedily snatched it. There was no anxiety, no stress, no worry and no we are overwhelmed by the thought or even the feeling of right and wrong. Individually or as a society, we struggle with this concept, it needs to go back to our loving Heavenly Father.

How do we give this back to God? How do we let go of the right and wrong, to live without this worry? As Victor Victim has so thoroughly listed above, we give our anxiety to our God, live our lives in worshipful reverence, reading His Word and applying His Way in our thoughts, hearts and actions. Imagine using the phrase, as Jesus did, "It is written". Jesus was the wisest man on earth yet he deferred to Jehovah God for answers to Satan the Devil and to those who would challenge him about his faith. There is a lesson in that for us, Jesus was the beginning of Christianity. When he became aware of his responsibility here in earth, he withdrew and prayed without eating or drinking for forty days. When was the last time we read the Bible and/or prayed for 40 minutes?

If you, as I do, experience worry, stress and anxiety in our life, I encourage you to look above, to look at the list above and seriously contemplate those thoughts. It is so comforting to know that there is a spiritual support that physically manifests itself in our lives as support.

Please, consider the thoughts above, find the words that you can use to calm and comfort yourself. Thank you Victor Victim for your efforts here.

Sam

#448836 - 09/30/13 09:31 PM Re: Worries? [Re: victor-victim]
victor-victim Offline

thank you for your comments, sam.

War
Love
Poetry

#448851 - 10/01/13 12:52 AM Re: Worries? [Re: victor-victim]
victor-victim Offline

i often call the two commandments, and other such scriptural good advice "MISSION: Impossible" because it feels so counterintuitive, and it's extremely difficult to do.
but when i sincerely pray for the strength and wisdom to overcome the obstacles and accomplish the objective, i get affirmation.
the effect is in the effort.

War
Love
Poetry

Moderator:  ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.