Newest Members
cricket1007, Nickie98, jahfree, Daryl X., tryintothrive
12496 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
joeybird (54), ladyinwaiting (46), txpearl (46)
Who's Online
1 registered (sentry), 11 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12496 Members
74 Forums
64165 Topics
447757 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#44813 - 06/23/06 04:02 AM My Perp?
WalkingSouth Offline
MaleSurvivor

I know it is habit, not to mention the fact that it's just plain easier to type, but

HE'S NOT MINE, DAMMIT!

I refuse to claim him. He can be the perp, that perp, taxi guy, him, he, perp, or any number of other useful terms, but he is not mine.

In time I may even come to the place where I can feel sympathy for the broken man he was, but he still will not be MINE.

There! I feel better!

Lots of love,

John

#44814 - 06/23/06 05:35 AM Re: My Perp?
Elad 12 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: on the coast
I hear you John. I quit referring to Rudy that way too. He is just the perp, unfortuately one of many but he's not mine. I think it was Darrel who, thankfully, pointed that out to me.

Dale

#44815 - 06/23/06 06:20 AM Re: My Perp?
WalkingSouth Offline
MaleSurvivor

yeah, I tried to find Darrel's old thread on this topic, but couldn't locate it so started another one!

Lots of love,

John

#44816 - 06/24/06 12:52 AM Re: My Perp?
John Oarc Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Louisiana
John it is so crazy that you brought this up because I have been having a problem with this one too. I hate to say that he is mine as you have described. Kind of like survivor Vs experienced. I just can't figure out what to call him, maybe the "guy who molested me" would be appropriate or the "depraved man" I am not sure but like you he is not mine.

Type in Depraved in Microsoft Word and look in the thesarus, that list just about describes them to me.

#44817 - 06/24/06 10:06 PM Re: My Perp?
roadrunner Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Carlisle, PA
John,

Yes, I remember Darrel stressing this in his thread. It took me awhile, but now I try never to say "MY perp/abuser". And it feels great to avoid that one, doesn't it?

Much love,
Larry

This land was made for you and me.
(Woody Guthrie)

#44818 - 06/24/06 10:40 PM Re: My Perp?
FLRich Offline
MaleSurvivor

Wow guys,

I never thought of it that way. How weird to claim possession of someone so damn grotesque! I know for a fact that the last perp I came in contact with (didn't say "my last perp") had many victims, I was just one of many. So, he was in no way MY perp.

They were all a part of me, but not mine. Like chicken pox, or skin cancers...something bad, but not something I would want to claim as mine.

Thanks for setting this old man straight!

#44819 - 06/26/06 03:44 AM Re: My Perp?
WalkingSouth Offline
MaleSurvivor

Larry,

Yes, it does feel great. "Claiming possession" of the perp was like keeping myself captive to his power over my life.

Throwing off that claim was liberating.

Rich, if you are old, that makes me much the same, and I reject the adjective, thank you very much! You can be what you want, I prefer to consider myself "experienced at life" \:\)

Lots of love,

John

#44820 - 06/26/06 04:26 AM Re: My Perp?
FLRich Offline
MaleSurvivor

John,

"Old", "Experienced at life", whatever you call it, it sure beats the alternative!!!

#44821 - 06/26/06 04:36 AM Re: My Perp?
WalkingSouth Offline
MaleSurvivor

Rich,

If you've said anything in your sojourn here at MS that has had meaning, that one ranks right up there at the top! \:D \:D \:D

Lots of love,

John

#44822 - 06/26/06 10:52 AM Re: My Perp?
reality2k4 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Stuck between water, air, and ...
John,

sounds like you have redeemed the situation perfectly.

Regaining control is cathartic,

ste

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.